Went to use my No Spill gas can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to the shelf to ge t it the other day to go cut some wood and found this..

IMAG0289 (Custom).jpg

I never liked this piece of junk anyway, spilled all the time if you for forget to burb it before you use it.

Went back to my old style jug and am throwing this other newfangled piece of crap in the trash. No Spill Jill aint all that either. LOL

IMAG0290 (Custom).jpg

This can is only maybe a year or so old and really never got used very much. Extended durability? No I don't think so.

I had been through the so called safety cans before and never liked any of them. I would never have paid the retail price they asked for these cans either but lots of folks here bragged on them and when I ran across this one brand new at the flea market for $5 I thought I would give it a try. Looks like it was still not worth what I paid for it.

Rules and mandates by people who may have never mowed their own grass or fueled up a chainsaw--Worried about a spill--New stuff has caused a lot more gas to hit the ground--I went to a local safety supply place and bought a metal safety can with spout--pull and pour--simple. Cost more but no regrets--David

View attachment 561702

I never liked this piece of junk anyway, spilled all the time if you for forget to burb it before you use it.

Went back to my old style jug and am throwing this other newfangled piece of crap in the trash. No Spill Jill aint all that either. LOL

View attachment 561706

I wonder if they have a recall for these cans because I saw all the cans like this we had at the lake do the same thing, we had five or six.

I always look for pre-safety gas jugs on craigslist, ive seen "aftermarket" flexible pour spouts at autoparts stores. They label them as "water jug spouts" but fit most gas jugs. They usually have Mutiple collar sizes in the kit.

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

I have a older model of that jug I think I got it around 2005, mine got a small split under the handle at first.
a few years later the spout give out
I liked mine it was a good jug ....I've seen a few of the newer models with cap broke

IMAG0225.jpg

Can to left was from the 80's They both swell up in the sun and need burped

I've used Midwest no spill cans and switched some nozzles on some cans at work to Midwest no spills and they work well plus aren't 10$ a nozzle. They are the oddity at harbor freight because they say made in the usa.

My brother had one and I spilled gas all over my pants and the ground trying to use it. I threw the damn thing across the yard cause I got pissed.

2 days later my Dad comes by and happens to grab it too. I'm running the splitter and all of a sudden I see a gas can flying over the top of the corn and landing WAY out in the field. He made my brother go get "that ****ing piece of ****" while he headed in the camper for some clean pants and shoes.

I use "race" cans or I still have a bunch of Blitz style cans from the early 90s. The new hippy cans are total JUNK!

View attachment 561702

View attachment 561706
That spout on the jug on the left are ace been using one of that type for over 2years pretty much daily with no bother/spill

I haven't bought a "non spill" can as of yet, the ones we're forced to use in our shop always leak and spill, I've spilled more gas with a "non spill" can than with the old style cans, I've also noticed the price for old style cans at the fleas have been going up because everybody wants the old ones.....;)

Back