whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was gonna do some more outside maintenance on the equipment today, but I dunno. Its miserable out there!! Fridgid ass wind whipping away... wtf, nice weather ever just gonna get here and stay already!!!?? Grr.

Changed the oil on a couple trucks. Wind was spraying Rotella everywhere.

But since you took the time to comment, what's your plan for the 15k of trunk wood that is surrounded by a paved driveway and an 89 Iroc to the immediate rear that doesn't move?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How the hell would I know ? I would be at the Blackhorse.

I was more commenting about when you said something about the climber having a tough time so you used the bucket. Maybe I read wrong. And I was a little appalled, like MDS was, with all the brush around while cutting the butt log. I suppose you took the top out pretty quick and was just so into grabbing logs with your crane there wasn't time to chip the stuff you dropped from the bucket.

So I imagine the bucket wasn't tall enough but still came in handy to cut the trunk and a few lower limbs?

Those little cranes are really cool. How long where you on the job? I am not asking that in a trollish sort of way

those short chunky pieces work better with two chokers opposed. less shock load on the crane than with a single when it kicks over.

Also the butt will kick into the face of the cutter when the choker is set on his side, the top will kick over his head when the choker is on his opposite side. Often the cutter will find that he can't finish a through cut when the choker is set on his side and if it does kick hard he is losing teeth.

Two slings are better than one, balance is key, take time to balance, pre-load the pick, ease off tension and then cut.

Using one sling , whether on climber's side or opposite, its good to make a deep cut into the presume pinch point then backcut an downward angled cut to meet the face cut. This leaves a perch and a backdrop for the climber to get behind, something to stop a butt from kicking out.

How the hell would I know ? I would be at the Blackhorse.

I was more commenting about when you said something about the climber having a tough time so you used the bucket. Maybe I read wrong. And I was a little appalled, like MDS was, with all the brush around while cutting the butt log. I suppose you took the top out pretty quick and was just so into grabbing logs with your crane there wasn't time to chip the stuff you dropped from the bucket.

So I imagine the bucket wasn't tall enough but still came in handy to cut the trunk and a few lower limbs?

Those little cranes are really cool. How long where you on the job? I am not asking that in a trollish sort of way

That spruce start to finish clean up was about 3 hours.

The brush that you see at the base was left there because of the access, or rather lack thereof. There was really no way to get at the brush from the street where our chipper was set without moving the crane, and there was no space on the inside for it. I have some farther out pictures of the work zone if you'd like to see them.

The customer had a drone hovering taking pictures, it was kind of funny. All of a sudden there was this little machine buzzing around. We were all like Wtf is that thing. Then end of job he comes out with color 8x10 photos.

Ground stumps all day, yesterday. Had a sweet older client bring us out some freshly baked muffins. We where like "awesome" still warm, smelled outrageously good. Banana nut. Took a bite, thought I was going to vomit instantly. Fcking disgusting,lol. As I am trying to swallow it down..... smile at her .... "They are great, thank you so much" Massive gulp of hot aas coffee, trying to burn the badness a way. Trying very hard not to hurt her feelings. We managed to woof them down and she was tickled. Man, not sure what was in them, but something went wrong........very wrong. She made us cookies before, and they where great, so I am sure this was a simple mistake with a ingredient. Maybe salt for sugar. Bout turned my face inside out. Wife said I should have told her. NO FREAKIN WAY!

Ground stumps all day, yesterday. Had a sweet older client bring us out some freshly baked muffins. We where like "awesome" still warm, smelled outrageously good. Banana nut. Took a bite, thought I was going to vomit instantly. Fcking disgusting,lol. As I am trying to swallow it down..... smile at her .... "They are great, thank you so much" Massive gulp of hot aas coffee, trying to burn the badness away. Trying very hard not to hurt her feelings. We managed to woof them down and she was tickled. Man, not sure what was in them, but something went wrong........very wrong. She made us cookies before, and they where great, so I am sure this was a simple mistake with a ingredient. Maybe salt for sugar. Bout turned my face inside out. Wife said I should have told her. NO FREAKIN WAY!

This made me chuckle.

last time I ate sompin that tasted terrible McDonald's egg mcmuffin, was sick for 3 days with heaves and screamin creamies. Oh, must be ok even tho it tastes "different"......naaaaht.

yzyva3y4.jpg
I like smooth natural crotches !

Latest posts

Back