whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. It was already in the shop too. Something about a fuel line vent or something. Came back the same lame saw, just it idles now. Then the throttle seems slow to return to idle/snap back now. Like its hanging up. I hate that saw, don't see it happening.

The fuel line thing has been happening to all of those first run saws.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sometimes you want the but to kick out away from something. so many variables here to say what choke to use every time.

Like a gutter?

Talking about picking trunk wood: Its quicker to use 1 strap and its fine until you mismatch a cut with to much tension, then one end is kicking over your head or at your face.
Using two straps makes the pick straight up and down, plumb.

Most of the time, whoever I am working with is good enough for me not to have to communicate with him to much. They can see what I am doing well enough and get the gist. No need for walkie talkies gizmos, idle chatter across the airwaves, its disturbing. I just know the signal for screwing the cable up and down, make a karate chop demonstration of the cut, guys better be ready. People who keep talking about how its gonna go annoy me, I couldn't function being distracted by a walkie talkie in my helmet.

When one person talks on those helmet phones does everybody hear it?

Like a gutter?

Talking about picking trunk wood: Its quicker to use 1 strap and its fine until you mismatch a cut with to much tension, then one end is kicking over your head or at your face.

Most of the time, whoever I am working with is good enough for me not to have to communicate with him to much. They can see what I am doing well enough and get the gist. No need for walkie talkies gizmos, idle chatter across the airwaves, its disturbing. I just know the signal for screwing the cable up and down, make a karate chop demonstration of the cut, guys better be ready. People who keep talking about how its gonna go annoy me, I couldn't function being distracted by a walkie talkie in my helmet.

It depends on how you have them set up.

This was no joke. I was pouring scalding hot water on it because that pain was a better kind. It was terrible.

See? I knew you were a numbnut. This idea of pouring creatively vile and volatile substances on one's self is a stereotype of that group of people - numbnut. Bleach, gas, stick yer **** in a hornets nest. Who knows what you people will think of next but it keeps us wondering, us not-numbnuts that is.

Hey, jess saying is what they say you know?

See? I knew you were a numbnut. This idea of pouring creatively vile and volatile substances on one's self is a stereotype of that group of people - numbnut. Bleach, gas, stick yer **** in a hornets nest. Who knows what you people will think of next but it keeps us wondering, us not-numbnuts that is.

Hey, jess saying is what they say you know?

There you go again....

Like a gutter?

Yes

There you go again....

Its not me, its you! I didn't pour scalding water on my leg!

See, I have this picture of you sitting on a stool by your kitchen counter in nothing but bikini cut spandex briefs sucking vodka from the bottle, chasing each slug with a can of Red Bull, maybe its yer 10th round by now, working up a good beserker, the burn lets you know its working, and then you reach for that pot of scalding water...

Were there other people in the room when you did this?

Its not me, its you! I didn't pour scalding water on my leg!

See, I have this picture of you sitting on a stool by your kitchen counter in nothing but bikini cut spandex briefs sucking vodka from the bottle, chasing each slug with a can of Red Bull, maybe its yer 10th round by now, working up a good beserker, and then you reach for that pot of scalding water...

Were there other people in the room when you did this?
That's actually pretty ****** funny...

Like a gutter?

Mmm. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you're doing it wrong. This whole thing about mismatched cuts, and your stupid looking head being in the way,, well, just seems like none of that was really necessary. But then again, what do I know.. what with my limited crane experience and all. Lol. Carry on, good doctor!!

Like a gutter?

couldn't function being distracted by a walkie talkie in my helmet.

you just don't mismatch a cut. half way in back cut on boom side, choke cinched on the side away from the turret. Finish cut match perfectly with the back cut on opposite side and presto, the pop top can effect. You can easily make the cut with no back cut this way also. 2 chokers confuses the whole cut sequence. Sometimes you gotta do it if you have to come straight up....but it can create pinches more time than not. Been on the forum with you for many a year and think your crane work is very limited soooo....you may just be reading the wrong stuff?

Get your head below the cut if you are up in the air at detachment so....no worries mate....if it kicks, flips or dances the jib...fk it.

Mmm. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you're doing it wrong. This whole thing about mismatched cuts, and your stupid looking head being in the way,, well, just seems like none of that was really necessary. But then again, what do I know.. what with my limited crane experience and all. Lol. Carry on, good doctor!!

I meant if you mismatch a cut by mistake having only one strap can make a nasty pinch point that won't break. You can see how a log leans on strap in the pictures. Now think about which side you would want the pull from the crane to be on while you were cutting. You have to account for the kerf closeing and pinching the saw as the log goes into its lean while you cut it.

If you put one strap on the side that are cutting from you can usually make just a backcut all the way through and the thing will lift off. But if it lifts off with to much tension from the crane it will kick into yer face like a mofo and set the crane to rockin.

Putting it opposite from where you are cutting closes the cut and pinches the saw but not if you make a facecut 3/4 deep then a slanting downward backcut to meet the face cut. Better for limbs as the crane just loosely holds it while you cut it free, the butt goes away and down.

Using two straps alleviates the lean. Keeps everything plumb. But you can still use one, just watch out for a kick or two.

Just methods for control.

A note for Ducati : I would keep an eye for situations where being able to control a butt via a tag line and maybe even rigging would be the thing to do. You start doing crane work then you will get some shakes and swings so just be sure to wrap up the packages real nice when yer yanking that **** out on the hook. Don't even risk a bent gutter. You can do a lot with a tag line to help with crane work. I use them frequently. It will also speed up the crane because the operator doesn't have to put so much in himself to control it. A lot of times just a 25 foot piece of rope with a rescue eight is good.

you just don't mismatch a cut. half way in back cut on boom side, choke cinched on the side away from the turret. Finish cut match perfectly with the back cut on opposite side and presto, the pop top can effect. You can easily make the cut with no back cut this way also. 2 chokers confuses the whole cut sequence. Sometimes you gotta do it if you have to come straight up....but it can create pinches more time than not. Been on the forum with you for many a year and think your crane work is very limited soooo....you may just be reading the wrong stuff?

Get your head below the cut if you are up in the air at detachment so....no worries mate....if it kicks, flips or dances the jib...fk it.

Yea what he said keep it simple us tree guys get confuzed easy

I have a few more signals I have up, down, balance, , "stand up" like if I need to pull the piece up to get load vertical in single choker applications and the arms waving frantically noooooooooo your gonna pull me over signal.

I need to come up with one for get your teeth out of the way of the piece that's about to kick cause I did not put 3 chokers on this dumbass piece and Im to impatient to take it in two smaller pieces lol

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back