whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3/4 cord an hour ! That is not too shabby , I like the anvil box better because when it jams and it will you can basically just reach in and clear it . How much is a lot less ? 50ish

Those firewood processors are cool and all but with tree service wood of oblong shapes and size I just don't see it. I guess if the math works out to buy straight pole wood and run it, great, but you still have all that tree service wood that's too big for the machine to deal with.

Those firewood processors are cool and all but with tree service wood of oblong shapes and size I just don't see it. I guess if the math works out to buy straight pole wood and run it, great, but you still have all that tree service wood that's too big for the machine to deal with.

You are exactly right about tree service wood being no good for a processor. We get a lot of lot clearing jobs. We are doing right around 5 acres at the moment hope to be done with it this week.

Ive always had a hard time getting guys to get a class b cdl let alone a class a. I won't touch anything over 10k pounds. Our 2400 sits alot me and one other guy can legally tow it. With the loader on it I think its,around 14k.

It matters not at all what the towed object weighs, only it's GVWR. If your chipper has no title or license you should be able to tow it without a CDL if it is just close to 10k. I think Mr.DOT might have a case if you hooked up to a 40,000 tub grinder with a semi, whether or not it had a GVWR rating.

For many years, I got away from the DOT goons just by knocking the ID tag off my trailer. They couldn't read a GVWR on it, so they had to leave me alone. Eventually, they figured a way around that little hurdle, and they tag that trailer at over 10k every time now, without even looking for the ID tag.

Yeah. This ******** state trooper that pulled me over with my old trailer a couple years ago added up the weight rating on my tires (no id tag) and figured it to be over 10k. Thankfully the ******* let me off. Think he was just too lazy to write the "phone book" sized ticket for everything that was not up to snuff. Lol. I bought a new trailer not too long after that.

It wasn't worth the headache for me. It weighs in around 14k with the loader and 250hp cummins. I needed to be able to pull it with a bucket truck I can only move the 2400 with other trucks it kills most bucket trucks even if they are 250hp.

The airport checks everything. They inspect equipment and run backround checks on thr crews. some of the radar sites are federal. They go as far as running mirrors under the trucks and using dogs.

I break the rules once in while. Little guys need to survive in a tough economy too. Besides, I think I'm pretty much the safest driver I could ever think of for my equipment. After all, I'm the one that had to pay for it!

Matt doesn't grow his firewood. He picks the jobs that yield it. Get with the program, Porks!! Lol.
We just get alot of lot clearing haul alot of wood in around 14 ft long if we can process it as it comes in that would be great. We are selling it by the log truck load now but it takes up a ton of room we wanna get like a 30ft conveyor try and save some space stacking it that high.

Ya I think I took it a few years ago we haven't took the time to for any video in a while. The video was to depict how heavy the thing is. It's like moving an ocean liner no good for residential in my opinion we usually sit it in the middle of whatever we want to clear drop the trees then drag it to them with a skid steer.

Back