whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that the same lame video oldirty was making fun of on here like four or five years ago? You gotta get some new material, bro!! I get that you're great and all, but some reassurance never hurt either. Just saying..

MDS I don't think I'm any better than anyone here. I'm just a loley tree man trying to earn a dollar. I respect the point of view of anyone on here and try and use my personal experiences to help them.

One for instance is don't think a 14k pound chipper and a bucket truck is gonna work it's no good. ANYTHING Over 9 Is To Much For A Truck That Weighs less than 20k.

What are you selling a load of stick wood for ? Guy here sells 10"/16" sticks for 600.00 a truckload and guarantees 7 cord per load

250.00 but I don't have 7 cords on it. Maybe 4 would be pushing it. That's just dumped and gone.

We cleared for a small strip mall and I gave it to anyone that wanted it. I just has no where to put that much wood.

We are gonna store split wood at a local lanscape supply place they are gonna sell most of it and keep a %

MDS I don't think I'm any better than anyone here. I'm just a loley tree man trying to earn a dollar. I respect the point of view of anyone on here and try and use my personal experiences to help them.

One for instance is don't think a 14k pound chipper and a bucket truck is gonna work it's no good. ANYTHING Over 9 Is To Much For A Truck That Weighs less than 20k.

Lol. I'm just busting your chops, matt.

Don't most tree service buckets weigh more than 20k? I get what you're saying about needing a high hp truck to tow a 14k trailer though, for sure.

I'll have to dust these off and give then another go. Video got boring to me after a while takes a lot of time and patience.
20141214_174324_zpspeeiglwb.jpg

Lol. I'm just busting your chops, matt.

Don't most tree service buckets weigh more than 20k? I get what you're saying about needing a high hp truck to tow a 14k trailer though, for sure.

I know you are I think mine is 18k it's 29k gvw I've been on moss covered driveways where that big bastard was sliding the truck backwards with the brakes on the floor.

I just had hopefully the last surgery of about 6 of them in the past 7 years. In another week I can start lifting more than 5 pounds again. Hopefully I will be able to climb like norMal again. I had a whole in my gut for 6 years from a feeding tube and trying to hip thrust with that thing has about drove me insane. This last surgery of three I think they finally fixed it. Has been an absolute nightmare.

I just had hopefully the last surgery of about 6 of them in the past 7 years. In another week I can start lifting more than 5 pounds again. Hopefully I will be able to climb like norMal again. I had a whole in my gut for 6 years from a feeding tube and trying to hip thrust with that thing has about drove me insane. This last surgery of three I think they finally fixed it. Has been an absolute nightmare.
Learn SRT it makes hip thrusting a joke .

You can ascend with nothing more then a toys , and switch back to DRT in less then 5 minutes
I deffinetly see the advantages I'll give it a shot. On tall pines before the rope wrench I use to run up to the point I was gonna take the top. Tie my climbing line in a bowline right there and use the one part of line just to hang off of so my legs didn't take a beating.

Congrats on the new chipper Chuck! Looks like a good machine. Going from the 935 to that will be a huge step! Throw some new knives on it, fresh oil and filters and you will be ready to rock! I got a laugh out of those rental machines for sale on autotrader! They want $25000 for a Vermeer 1230 with 1500 hrs on it!!! Those guys are on glue!

Thanks Jesse. I had used a Carlton 1712 this summer when the 935 was in getting some work done. It's basically a 150 copy. Was pleasantly impressed with it.

There is a reason why those Autotrader machines are still up for sale........ :dizzy:

I figured that after that ice storm that there would be a ton of slightly used chippers for sale, but I guess all those landscapers have decided to hold on to them.

I just spent the day going over the 150xp. A good friend lent me the use of a bay at his shop. The machine is in better shape than I thought. Knives are pretty much new. Maybe used once or twice, but I knew that when I looked at it prior to bidding. I changed the engine oil (using Shell T6 - synthetic) and oil filter. Checked the torque on the knife bolts and made sure the anvil had been adjusted properly. SMS rentals owned it before, and whoever was doing their maintenance work, knew what they were doing. I pulled out any crud that was wrapped around the feed wheels or disc and lubed/greased everything.

Going to order a few pails of Hydrex XV and change the hydraulic oil and filter next week.
Anyone know of a NAPA hydraulic filter (or other brand) that will fit?

Can't wait to run some wood through it, but don't think that will happen until Wednesday at the earliest.

Thanks Jesse. I had used a Carlton 1712 this summer when the 935 was in getting some work done. It's basically a 150 copy. Was pleasantly impressed with it.

There is a reason why those Autotrader machines are still up for sale........ :dizzy:

I figured that after that ice storm that there would be a ton of slightly used chippers for sale, but I guess all those landscapers have decided to hold on to them.

I just spent the day going over the 150xp. A good friend lent me the use of a bay at his shop. The machine is in better shape than I thought. Knives are pretty much new. Maybe used once or twice, but I knew that when I looked at it prior to bidding. I changed the engine oil (using Shell T6 - synthetic) and oil filter. Checked the torque on the knife bolts and made sure the anvil had been adjusted properly. SMS rentals owned it before, and whoever was doing their maintenance work, knew what they were doing. I pulled out any crud that was wrapped around the feed wheels or disc and lubed/greased everything.

Going to order a few pails of Hydrex XV and change the hydraulic oil and filter next week.
Anyone know of a NAPA hydraulic filter (or other brand) that will fit?

Can't wait to run some wood through it, but don't think that will happen until Wednesday at the earliest.
Why the Hydrex xv? The NAPA brand will do just fine and is a lot cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 7
Had a bit of a stomach bug this weekend. Only thing I got done was putting an electric start motor on my old log splitter. Only thing I could do that was close enough to the bathroom. All done except for a bit of wiring to tie up

Those firewood processors are cool and all but with tree service wood of oblong shapes and size I just don't see it. I guess if the math works out to buy straight pole wood and run it, great, but you still have all that tree service wood that's too big for the machine to deal with.

We have access to log truck loads of pulp wood. It varies between 400-900 per load. Average load is 10-11 cord. That's all fir of coarse no hardwood.
The other thing I'm thinking is ripping the logs off of jobs with the saw mill, but that might be more work then it's worth and I currently have no way to load large logs.

3/4 cord an hour ! That is not too shabby , I like the anvil box better because when it jams and it will you can basically just reach in and clear it . How much is a lot less ? 50ish

Close to half the price of the cord king. Depending on what options you want 45k-65k last time I checked.

Didn't know I could mix them.

I checked out a cross reference chart from this site:
http://www.southlandco-op.ca/bulk-petro/cross-reference-chart/

Plus in the Bandit manual it shows the Hydrex having a wider temperature use.
View attachment 386836
I also have a Bandit 65xp that has this same oil in it.
All Bandits come with the Hydrex in them, I was told by bandit I could use regular NAPA brand AW 46. No you don't want to mix but if your changing it you can use something different.

I tried getting Hydrex here in the states, it's hard to find since it's a Canadian product and costs a fortune.

Latest posts

Back