whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc, you couldn't of said that better.

Slept in till 8 am today. Was startled as hell by how light it was and almost clobbered my 3 year old that snuck into bed with us last night. Made every one breakfast
View attachment 518332
Then I did some weed whacking. I was like a samurai in battle up until I caught a garter snake and the bastid ended up on me. The weed eater is laying somewhere on the creek bank still. I decided the zero turn was much safer so I mowed. Then I hooked up the TM to the bobcat and busted up some big rounds. After that I had to deal with family birthdays. Don't these people know that Sunday is my only day to get things done around the house and drink heavily!

I see the eggs and home fries but what the hell is the gray stuff?

The pan I tossed everything in when done! Do you mean the sausage patties? Yeah not the best light and a cell phone pic to boot. I cooked everything on a cast iron griddle on my grill. I can stand by the grill early in the morning in my boxers, cooking breakfast, and sipping on a beer. Sunday's only of course. When I'm feeling ornery, I'll go to church with beer on my breath and make all the rightious upset. I just tell them that God still loves me and I'm forgiven.
And I lied. Those are my eggs. The rest of the family wanted scrambled

Are you a graduate of the Murph Felling Institute?

We'll know for sure if a tailgate sharpening episode comes along.

I was listening to the radio in the truck the other day. The guy was talking about misusing the IA teacher's file, and saying how this giant hand would come down outta nowhere and grapple his hand in mid backdrag. Lol. I had to chuckle at that one thinking of old murph. Some funny stuff right there.:laugh:

Zapped this pine today, then "rescued" a cat up a tree. (successfully - the cat survived, but it's incredible how they resist being yanked off a limb). The appreciative morbidly obese owner hears my truck start, and the starter / flywheel noise is kinda nasty....tells me he is a licensed GM mechanic, and I need a starter shim, and he has a box of these shims, and it's only a ten minute job (see where this is going?)...

So, 45 minutes later, with the front of my truck jacked up in his dirt driveway, he tells me he thought my truck was a V8 (it's not, duh) and he doesn't have a shim. Bingo. And apparently that's how you score a free cat retrieval.

IMG_20160809_110421790-768x1024.jpg IMG_20160809_110357296-768x1024.jpg

His wife and little kids were also there.
During the time he was screwing around with my truck, he managed to smoke 4 cigarettes (my daughter was counting), and drink a can of Pepsi, a carton of chocolate milk, and a Coors Light. All the while telling me about repairing Audis and Benz's.
We couldn't get outta there quick enough...I was worried he was gonna die under my truck, and with those kids standing there, I'd have to do CPR on the brute.

Did you charge him for the hour he wasted ?? Or maybe that was his evil plan all along ....." after he rescues my cat I'll just annoy him with my retard skills so he forgets to charge me for the cat retrieval "

Just how does one go about trying to collect coin from a family of hicks with a brood of small kids living in squalor in a rented shack?
A pro bono cultural experience...
Just wish in hindsight that I had escaped as soon as the damn cat was reunited with it's loving family.

Hummm ...... pro-bono you say...... I generaly try to avoid any of that.... As far as collecting coin I think they frown on waterboarding outside of 3rd world countries I'll think on that for a bit

Latest posts

Back