whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's back to work today. I've got my shop moved and set up for the most part and the doors secured with new locks. Need to wrap things up before it snows too much, all this snow talk has my phone ringing though.

"Do you do snow removal when you're not busy with trees?"

No. I sure don't, maybe next year.

damn, forget about Buffalo, you guys are becoming the "snow belt".

32 degrees here right now. As usual didn't winterize my sprayer yet.

Rained here much of yesterday so it's gonna be just cold and wet and dark today. Good news....making bags of money and life is good.:smile2:

Yeah, Reg, when that sledge hammer showed up way up in that tree it was almost like a commedian pulling out a gag prop from his bag lol. That sucks when things get uncomfortable from a low bid and you've gotta take shortcuts and worry all day.

Yesterday I bid 12 hun on an uprooting sug maple bending the electric service and going towards the house and pretty tall too. No equipment access so you'd have to be in the top in an active uprooting tree with no tree opposite to support it to and no tie off period as it was pita neighbor's property. Neighbor suggested a local fireman who moonlights and his bid was exactly half that. Could have fallen into a trap of taking the job away from him as they are regs, but I got plenty of work now and didn't. Will be fun to watch in increments today as this guy gets real scared in a tree.

I happen to be very fond of that axe Dave!

Heading out to finish a job and get my equipment back home. 6 - 12" of snow forecast for Saturday night. Unbelievable. :msp_angry:

Finished the job on schedule. Just before leaving I decided to look under the hood of the bucket, and try and find this chirping noise I started hearing today. I figured it was a belt. as it turns out I found a bolt snapped off bolt in the block, so one pump with loose belt there flopping around. I look again and the tubular arm that supports the air compressor (4 wheel) is snapped off, so that's flopping around with a loose belt too. Looks like this is gonna cost me, as I can't fit the thing in my shop (too tall) and my welder has been down for a while anyway. The screw extraction project doesn't look like much fun either! At least the job went good and we got the truck home safely. I'll have to check it out some more tomorrow, had enough today, time for a beer. Grr..

Last edited:
Finished the job on schedule. Just before leaving I decided to look under the hood of the bucket, and try and find this chirping noise I started hearing today. I figured it was a belt. as it turns out I found a bolt snapped off bolt in the block, so one pump with loose belt there flopping around. I look again and the tubular arm that supports the air compressor (4 wheel) is snapped off, so that's flopping around with a loose belt too. Looks like this is gonna cost me, as I can't fit the thing in my shop (too tall) and my welder has been down for a while anyway. The screw extraction project doesn't look like much fun either! At least the job went good and we got the truck home safely. I'll have to check it out some more tomorrow, had enough today, time for a beer. Grr..

Wahhhhhh my trucks broken ...... Now I gotta fix it with a hangover ........ get over it I had a stump cutter drop a wheel try to cut me in half , and you got a loose belt BOOOOOO ####### HOOOOOO :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I happen to be very fond of that axe Dave!

Looked very dependable Reg.

What kind of deciduous trees you'all got up there?

Like I told you before I have a buddy from high school living in Gibsons near Vancouver I am hoping to visit this winter. Wish I could get away now.

Wahhhhhh my trucks broken ...... Now I gotta fix it with a hangover ........ get over it I had a stump cutter drop a wheel try to cut me in half , and you got a loose belt BOOOOOO ####### HOOOOOO :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Lol. Good one Lard Fingers!

I grew up around wrenching, welding, auto body and paint.. as well as many years dealing with trees and associated equipment. the grease monkey thing just isn't my favorite. I like treework. Already got my backyard mechanic lined up for the job, he should be nice and cheap, and I can oversee things/do any welding if I want.

Last edited:
man, I don't like cats as much as dogs but is that a staged killing of a cat for a commercial? seems pretty cold hearted?

Yea Dave Ford made a commercial and then they cut a cats head off , I mean really your gonna be the guy who dictates what trees that I am qualified to work on , that is funny .... I think that you've had your share of recreational drugs for the day put down the crack pipe and read a book or go see a play ya nancy

Lol. Good one Lard Fingers!

I grew up around wrenching, welding, auto body and paint.. as well as many years dealing with trees and associated equipment. the grease monkey thing just isn't my favorite. I like treework. Already got my backyard mechanic lined up for the job, he should be nice and cheap, and I can oversee things/do any welding if I want.

SOOO your old lady told ya all about my LARD FINGERS ......Nice .......

Took out a good sized Norway maple today. Another referral from the local landscape place who used to refer my old boss, gotta love that. Didn't get any shots of the tree, but it was no biggie, cut and chucked the whole thing from the bucket with 2 setups. The stump was a beeyotch though. Huge mound, feeders everywhere and rocks galore! Had Eric hitting the feeder roots with the little PowerTek walk behind while I got the meat of it with the 630B. Poor, poor 630B, worked that old girl for about 4 hours straight. My bro was moving all the debris we made out to the dump trailer with the bobcat. Was easy work but boring, and lengthy. Pic didn't come out too well.

attachment.php

I quit grinding Norways! Maybe if I ever get a bigger grinder, but no more of them for now.

Yeah all the teeth are dull as can be and I'm not one to just skim the surface on stumps, that ####er be gone now! I bid on an old SC752 this past weekend you can see if you click my first post but it went too high for the hours on the unit. Woulda been sweet on this job though.

Yea Dave Ford made a commercial and then they cut a cats head off , I mean really your gonna be the guy who dictates what trees that I am qualified to work on , that is funny .... I think that you've had your share of recreational drugs for the day put down the crack pipe and read a book or go see a play ya nancy

How about we close the sun roof on your pus sy?

JWouldn't like that wouldja Eddy boy? :help:

Looked very dependable Reg.

What kind of deciduous trees you'all got up there?

Like I told you before I have a buddy from high school living in Gibsons near Vancouver I am hoping to visit this winter. Wish I could get away now.

Nothing spectacular that I've seen so far Dave. There's oak, elm, birch, beech and of course maple. Arbutus is the broadleaf that everyone seems to make a fuss of out here. The conifers dominant the landscape by a mile though.

Here's some snippets from a wobbly one this morning. Straight forward, just had to take some back weight out first. I did ask Dylan to get a photo of the top coming out, but these firs take some of the worst photos ever on a standard camera due to that extra height.
[video=youtube;fEMIy9b3-vQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEMIy9b3-vQ[/video]

Latest posts

Back