whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, tons of damage. Great finally meeting you in person Devon.
Was able to help Mike (MC Tree Service) for the day, before heading up to Haliburton for a full day yesterday. Hydro had done a disconnect so I could drop two trees and they were hooking the line back up that day, so I had to get it done. Additionally, I'm supposed to be on holidays this week and had company coming to the cottage.
It all worked out. Good working with Mike.

Got my first crane ride, did a few picks.
Unfortunately all my gear and equipment were up north and I was coming from the city. Had to stop by the Arborist supply store and pick up new chainsaw pants and helmet. Used Mike's saddle. More comfortable with my stuff, but it was fun just the same. Looked like a newbie with the new gear.

Working with Mike next week, still cleaning up.

Got some good pics, but don't know how to upload them from my iPhone.

Sent from my iphone
Glad you guys are having "fun". sounds exciting to me. You may wanna try "tapatalk" its a forum app or something. It will make getting your pics up a breeze. Be safe

If I have to Deadwood one more streetfull of Honey Locust I will just spit...dust...
Homeowner comes out in afternoon and asks,"How can you work in such heat?"
Without hesitation i reply" My heart pumps lava, right Billy?" to which he quickly adds,"it's true!"
She looks at us dumbfounded and walked back into her air-conditioned house.
Its always best to nip problems in the bud before they even start....

Ya, tons of damage. Great finally meeting you in person Devon.
Was able to help Mike (MC Tree Service) for the day, before heading up to Haliburton for a full day yesterday. Hydro had done a disconnect so I could drop two trees and they were hooking the line back up that day, so I had to get it done. Additionally, I'm supposed to be on holidays this week and had company coming to the cottage.
It all worked out. Good working with Mike.

Got my first crane ride, did a few picks.
Unfortunately all my gear and equipment were up north and I was coming from the city. Had to stop by the Arborist supply store and pick up new chainsaw pants and helmet. Used Mike's saddle. More comfortable with my stuff, but it was fun just the same. Looked like a newbie with the new gear.

Working with Mike next week, still cleaning up.

Got some good pics, but don't know how to upload them from my iPhone.

Sent from my iphone

Yeah back at ya Chuck! Nice shiney helmet! Mike is a great guy and has a great operation going! Filled the log truck a few times today taking away some big monsters!Grant was a cool crane operator! Especially at midnight the night before. Not much sleep this week, nothing a bunch of coffee and monster drinks can't help! Used my new Edge saddle today, I am very happy with it! On the way home picked up a brand new 395 xp. Replacing my 066! Awesome week for sure!

Past couple days I've been killing scrub trees, box elder and ash mostly. Too small to warrant the Wraptor, or in too dense of canopy to toss a throw-line. I was surprised I was able to gaff up the trees without stopping :laugh: on Tuesday i did some seven 40-60 ft ash poles in regrowth canopy, and a 60 ft bass wwood that was a bit thicker. PITA sliding the stuff through with minimum damage to that understory. Interesting change of pace though, Monday I got my butt kicked doing fine deadwood to green ash, those tall muli-stem where there is little place to stand. I could only do it for four hours before my arms were falling off :laugh:

With ash sometimes I cheat with footholds

011-3.jpg

We went and removed a storm damaged leader off a oak, out of a creek and down a hill. Decent sized leader, lots of brush, all had to be done by hand, suuuuuucked. Was soaked to the bone after a hour.
Had a neighbor up the street keep bugging me to look at his tree, he wanted it pruned. I gaffed him as he told me up front that he expected the hood hookup. I don't even know this guy and he is demanding it up front, nope,no, natta. So I came home yesterday to see that it was being pru... scratch that freakin totaled. The absolute worse case of lion tailing I have ever seen. Once was giant ash, now looks like 5 or 6 palm trees. Horrible, horrible work...........but typical as well. Don't understand why some one cant ask, or look it up, how to prune properly that is. Guess I am being kinda a Dirt bag, he wanted me to do it, I didn't want the job and he got bad service. But I hate it when people expect me to drop down for them and I don't even know them. My neighbors right around me, pay very little for tree work. I cover my expenses and thats it, keeps them happy and they never complain about me runnin my trucks up and down the road. The only time I automatically give a hook up is when I learn they are a Jarhead. Marines get the hookup, always get the hookup.

Heading out for my bachelors party. Last weekend as a single man

Hope they don't drag ya up to your doorstep and ring the bell at the end of the night.. Passed out, all covered in glitter, some dollar bills tangled up in your beard..

Last edited:
Friday we finished an oak for a buddy of mine at his place on lewis&clark lake. It was over his and the neighbors trailer and really didnt have any good leads high enough to rope it off of. We did some picks with the MH and chipped it right there. It was hot as hell and when we were done we jumped in the lake for a while. We were on the Nebraska side the bluffs on the other side is South Dakota.View attachment 247479 View attachment 247480View attachment 247481View attachment 247482

My buddy Jeff and I took out this birch tree yesterday. Jeff did a phenomenal job climbing. He took it down all by hand. Every other tree company wanted to use a bucket, but you would have damaged the landscape and had to cut your way in for access. We had planned to rent a spider lift after looking at the tree again earlier this week, but it was rented out this weekend. So Jeff did it the old fashioned way and it worked out well with no damage at all.

img001982012080409351.jpg

img001992012080409351.jpg

img002012012080409361.jpg

img00200201208040936.jpg

Last edited:
Back