whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we go take out a medium sized maple for this nice old guy that had us at his property two or three times before. Told us don't worry do it whenever you want. So we swing by knock it down and out, the neighbor was there talking to us the entire time even ended up doing some stuff for him at the same time. To make a long story short turns out he was dead in the house with no family close so no one picked up on it. Any of you guys ever run into one of these?

So we go take out a medium sized maple for this nice old guy that had us at his property two or three times before. Told us don't worry do it whenever you want. So we swing by knock it down and out, the neighbor was there talking to us the entire time even ended up doing some stuff for him at the same time. To make a long story short turns out he was dead in the house with no family close so no one picked up on it. Any of you guys ever run into one of these?

No, are you you bummed the dead guy can't pay?
I would of made a call or knocked on the door. Eat it and be happy.
Jeff :msp_w00t:

No, are you you bummed the dead guy can't pay?
I would of made a call or knocked on the door. Eat it and be happy.
Jeff :msp_w00t:

No he was a friend of the family. Im not worried about getting paid that would be the least of my worries. In any death there is someone that would handle the estate. Pay things like water, gas, and so on. that also means existing bills, you won't get it right away but you will get it. No one just stops your bills because you die, its actually the opposite from personal experience of seeing what happens its a small fortune to go through.

If he wasn't a friend of the family we wouldn't have even done it. Its been a long time since we went to a residential place after one tree. We take care of friends and families still, we wouldn't want them to fall victim to local scammers or hacks.

Im more bummed about the guy being dead, more like what are the odds? wouldn't think someone would find something like this as a joke or humorous. pretty weak.

I gotta talk to my wife(mom) and ask to look at the calender and then I will know , I think we going down the shore again early october although I don't know what week , thanks for the offer though I am sure I can make at least 1 day ! That way I can check out that hunk of scrap metal you've been pining over .

I gotta talk to my wife(mom) and ask to look at the calender and then I will know , I think we going down the shore again early october although I don't know what week , thanks for the offer though I am sure I can make at least 1 day ! That way I can check out that hunk of scrap metal you've been pining over .

Oh Jesus, here's where the buzzers and warning signs should be screaming, Matt. Proceed with caution, and at your own risk, but don't consider yourself not forewarned!!

Best of luck though, of course!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Just about finish digging a stump out spent about 6 hours total on it the last two days :msp_mellow:

I had to go in and find a poor lady who had passed away and laid rotting on the floor of her 3rd floor multifamily with all the windows shut for over two weeks during an August heat wave once. The neighbors didnt call when they had not seen her for two weeks. They didnt call when it started to smell funny either. They also didnt call when the stain started to appear from the ceiling above theirs (her apartment). But thank god they were nice enough to let us know when the maggots started to do The Riverdance on the ceiling... But I didnt do tree work for her... Does that count?

I had to go in and find a poor lady who had passed away and laid rotting on the floor of her 3rd floor multifamily with all the windows shut for over two weeks during an August heat wave once. The neighbors didnt call when they had not seen her for two weeks. They didnt call when it started to smell funny either. They also didnt call when the stain started to appear from the ceiling above theirs (her apartment). But thank god they were nice enough to let us know when the maggots started to do The Riverdance on the ceiling... But I didnt do tree work for her... Does that count?

This is the commercial tree care forum man; try and stay on topic!! :msp_tongue: :laugh:

A few years back I did a nasty boxelder removal for an old women. When I was doing it she came out with the check and I told her to hold on to it till im done, she ended up leaving and not home when I got done. I called her that Sat to see if I could come and pick it up, she ask if i could wait till Mon that she wasnt feeling good. I went there Mon and no answer, I would try calling or stopping by every other day and nothing. I started to get concerned and talked with the neighbors and got the address of her son who is deaf and let him know what was going on and he got real concerned. I followed him over and knew it wasnt going to be good, he came out of the house real upset and I called 911. He went back in and came out with the check that was probably on the counter. I told him that I was sorry and that was about it.

Latest posts

Back