whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been using them for a long time you would have to have it in your hand to see what they are all about. side loading is kind of hard to do since pretension is applied before the cut is made. you can see the strap and where the pressure is and is gonna be. Rolling is possible but you would have to be pretty poor at sling placement. we use them to actually dumb down the rigging simply leave it on the hook and clip it gate down. pretty basic.

Matt, where you buying them from? Might get some

Cleaned up this storm damaged pear tree today. When i got close to the tree I noticed that no one ever took off the stake wires and they girdled the tree and wouldnt you know thats where it broke.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Don't mind me, was just thinking out loud (sometimes I do that).

Funny you should mention that he can't climb. Just goes to show you anyone can type. I would've thought he was for real.
Hey no problem, I almost forgot about that A hole all together!
Biggest BS'er and lier I have ever met! He can talk the talk (and type) but can't walk the walk.....Right Robin?

Last edited:
OMG my day started off with pouring rain so I said self lets go and check the
Blades on the morbark , I opened the door and grabbed the ratchet with the inch and a eighth socket stepped up on the side and sure enough dropping the socket down the front of the drum housing , it took me 2 hours to get it out ! Needless to say I will be replacing that socket soon !

Nice view Tree MDS.

Was a beautiful day up north. The water access job made fora nice change. Calm waters and nice fall colours.

All I needed was beer. :)
View attachment 254481

Nice Chuck, we are doing 2 dead 90' white pines tomorrow on our lake, only climbing other trees to TD these bad boys. The one is sketchy and 1' away from the cottage, hydro 5' the other way, tree has delcined a lot since I booked the job 3 weeks ago. Everytime we go to do it, it's been pouring or too windy! Looking good for tomorrow though!:redface:

OMG my day started off with pouring rain so I said self lets go and check the
Blades on the morbark , I opened the door and grabbed the ratchet with the inch and a eighth socket stepped up on the side and sure enough dropping the socket down the front of the drum housing , it took me 2 hours to get it out ! Needless to say I will be replacing that socket soon !

I had that happen a couple of years ago, only it was one of the bolts that fell. I was able to get it back by simply spinning the drum slowly, and it got picked up in one of the pockets.

Nope not me , mine jammed solid no forward or backwards just good old fashion hard work of not doing anything ! Just fishing around with a magnet on a string til By some luck got it

Oh. Damn.. sounds interesting.

Trying to decide if I'm gonna attempt to finish trying to fix these three lionstailed white oaks today, so that I can get payed and move on to something else for tomorrow. Money is good, but I'm not a big fan of rain.

Looks good!
I hate working in Cematary's, they give me the creeps, always feel like they are watching!

We had a pretty cool thing happen yesterday. At a clients , We finished up and I went to ask for the check. Homeowner comes out and before he hands me the check he says "Just so you know, you were the most expensive, even after the discount from the ValPak coupon, but I went with you because I knew that you know what you are doing and you did one hell of a job" Ask me what he owes, I give him the total with the discount,he smiles and hands me the check for the full amount, no discount taken out, then walks up to the crew and shakes their hand and tells them how impressed he is with the way they work. The discount was several hundred dollars. That was a pretty damn good feeling!

Looks good!
I hate working in Cematary's, they give me the creeps, always feel like they are watching!

We had a pretty cool thing happen yesterday. At a clients , We finished up and I went to ask for the check. Homeowner comes out and before he hands me the check he says "Just so you know, you were the most expensive, even after the discount from the ValPak coupon, but I went with you because I knew that you know what you are doing and you did one hell of a job" Ask me what he owes, I give him the total with the discount,he smiles and hands me the check for the full amount, no discount taken out, then walks up to the crew and shakes their hand and tells them how impressed he is with the way they work. The discount was several hundred dollars. That was a pretty damn good feeling!

Guess that means YOUR buying the beers.

Matt, where you buying them from? Might get some

Not sure what Matt runs but the Gunnebo Johnson RH 5 is what you want. I couldn't order them through their website when I did it but found a local guy that carried their #### and had him order them. Bulky at first, but you figure out how to use them easily with time. Way better than a shackle.

attachment.php

View attachment 254597

started out a little slow this morning on a gig silver maple removal. the ground crew forgot to wake up or were hung over. This tree had at least forty feet of canopy over the lake. Right after i got the last section back to land pop went a hydraulic line in the boom. It's pretty to finish on monday for another crew. I got to go to cleveland to start a gas company job. I looked at it yesterday while the rain hit down in our local area, not to bad just a lot of service drops and on a busy four lane road. I don't mind it but they awarded the job weds and we have to be there mon.That and they never mention the local work and we see companies from two hours away in our back yard

Murphed this out whole no skidder no rope just a wedge and a hell of a tight squeeze ! One really nice dogwood and on the side a nice holly crammed it right between all 80 ft of it
peguruda.jpg
e9yte4us.jpg
tuqapyre.jpg
so stick in your pipe and suck it !

Latest posts

Back