whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your troubles, guys (especially your helper formationrx).

It may sound stupid, but there's something about the soothing sound of a chainsaw, and the controlling of insane danger that helps me sometimes. That, and a beer never hurts either.. just saying.

Finished up changing the manifold in my truck, holy crap was that a PITA! Pulled the old one off, had a qtr sized hole in it, no wonder it sounded bad! Sounds sweet now, when we put in the new tranny we put a new 3" Flowmaster on it, sounds real nice! Has a bit more pep as well.

Starting to dig out the snow plow for the dump and realized this machine hasn't been used on a regular basis in almost 3 years , so why keep it ? I replaced the engine 2 years ago and maybe it has 300 hours on it . The tires are good the belts are good and it will have a brand new clutch when it goes since the one that is on there is slipping and was smoking the last time I ran it ! There is no trailer and its a 20 hp Honda , I am running the new yellow jackets on it ? So what's it worth 3500 .00 or am I smoking crack ?
u6ege8ar.jpg
ebepurys.jpg

Finished up changing the manifold in my truck, holy crap was that a PITA! Pulled the old one off, had a qtr sized hole in it, no wonder it sounded bad! Sounds sweet now, when we put in the new tranny we put a new 3" Flowmaster on it, sounds real nice! Has a bit more pep as well.

45 k for those machines is a super fair price I wish I had the work to swing the payment !

Got a day in with the 33 today. Met up at my yard at 7:45, two stragglers met us at the job. Got the 1 hickory down and out by 10:15, broke the crane and all of our traffic control down, moved on to the next set-up which was in a much more quiet location. Got a good sized red oak down, plus a white oak that was DEAD. Busted my butt on the white oak to avoid trashing a norway maple that it was interwoven with. The homeowner comes out, "looks good, keep going." We were gonna try to get rid of a norway maple from the same location for the nextdoor neighbor today, but when she said that I decided to finish what I was doing and pack it in. Tomorrow is another day. Ran into another client at the gas station while I was filling up the chipper, he dropped a nice, new skid steer at his house for me to use when we get there tomorrow afternoon. Got a call from my accountant, managed to pick up some free yankees / sox tickets for Wendesday night.

Starting to dig out the snow plow for the dump and realized this machine hasn't been used on a regular basis in almost 3 years , so why keep it ? I replaced the engine 2 years ago and maybe it has 300 hours on it . The tires are good the belts are good and it will have a brand new clutch when it goes since the one that is on there is slipping and was smoking the last time I ran it ! There is no trailer and its a 20 hp Honda , I am running the new yellow jackets on it ? So what's it worth 3500 .00 or am I smoking crack ?
u6ege8ar.jpg
ebepurys.jpg

you should be able to get 3500 for that no prob, looks pretty clean

you should be able to get 3500 for that no prob, looks pretty clean

Sucks that I have no trailer for it ! But it doesn't need anything and its not beat its been literally sitting In the dark for a long time unused ! I started it today . I dunno I think that's fair enough

Last edited:
I hope your clutch in cheaper then the one for my super jr 25hp. Mine cost $400.00 . I wanted to get the twin front tires for mine but the kit (2 tires with rims and the bolts ) was $500.00.

I hope your clutch in cheaper then the one for my super jr 25hp. Mine cost $400.00 . I wanted to get the twin front tires for mine but the kit (2 tires with rims and the bolts ) was $500.00.

Nah it's like 380 I have one sitting at Vermeer along with almost 900 In parts for the chipper and a set of teeth for the 352 so I got like 1500 to fork over to get the 3 machines straight , easy come easy go I guess

Noticed gear oil all over a rear wheel on my Tundra yeasterday, which caused some sadness.
Got the poor beast of burden put back on the road to recovery this afternoon. Only $7.00 for the inner rear axle seal but a bunch more money for brakes.

View attachment 255138

Yeah, but if I do, I have a guy here, who has dibs. If he don't, I'll let y know

Honestly I thought you would be closer to the 100k range that is a really good price. Surprised no one has came up with that yet, turnkey tree service like yours could deffinetly pull more to the right purchaser. If you where local completion I would have a hard time not doing it. I could put another crew on the road for under 50g's man I wish! It costs around double for me to add a small crew with half the stuff a used 12 inch and decent chip truck run 50g's for beat stuff sometimes.

I don't think you will have a Problem moving it, it just takes time it took me 4 months to sell my bobcats but they finally went. Wait for the right guy someone will definetly cough it up I know an outfit like that on a slow end can gross well over 150k a year.

Took this spar down to top my day off. Someone hacked away at it over the years to get it to this point, I got the call to put it on the ground so a guy can whittle it up for firewood. Ported 460 and 28" bar just did the trick, facebored it for bar reach and to weaken the hinge a bit on that fat momma.

005-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

015-1.jpg

I see you have the wedge positioned under the fall to keep the log off the ground but I gotta tell ya it could spit out of there like mother.

We have a bunch of those around town. I hate looking at those things, drives me nuts. Always wonder why they stopped and guess they got scared.

When you are done ####ing up yer smog pipe and getting a new one come back and I will tell you to just heat up the fitting and it will loosen quite easy... and go back together too!

Try hooking two 12 foot slings up on a long horizontal limb the ball would have to be lowered to you on both ends vs just clipping it. Keeps you from having to remove the sling from the hook. Saves a lot of time, shackles take forever. I've had some real weight on them and they show no signs of stress yet

I just have the ball lowered.

Picked up some more work yesterday. The one job I really wanted the immediate go ahead on is put off till down the line somewhere. Guy obviously has more money than God, so I don't see what the problem is, but whatever. I was just drooling at the thought tearing trees apart with the bucket (set up in the middle of multiple takedowns), a crane, and a giant LZ. I may have to push him a bit on this one. I could see a pretty profitable day with the right crew. Seems like it could be some quick money for winter.

Got some more work to keep going for now, anyway.. just in time for a rainy, crappy week. Something tells me I'm gonna be working all weekend again. Oh well.

Rain here today. Sucks. This weather keeps making me further behind. I got alot of tree jobs, but all in back yards. Guess I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and build a plywood highway.

Rain here today. Sucks. This weather keeps making me further behind. I got alot of tree jobs, but all in back yards. Guess I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and build a plywood highway.

Don't even talk to me about plywood. I gotta pull up the road we built Sunday. Turns out I can't get my stump guy till Thursday.. I'm thinking it might kill the lawn if I leave it that long. Very inefficient.

I hardly used the plywood all year, now I need it for three jobs in a row. Hatin' it!!

Back