whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20140425_213533.jpg Have a new tree for the yard. Any one know what it is?

Attachments

• 20140425_213533.jpg
    20140425_213533.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20140425_213533.jpg
    20140425_213533.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 14
A week of total fails. Lost my shirt on a magnificent underbid. Ukrainian guy who refused a written estimate and then pulls a switch midway through and claims I didn't understand him correctly. Wood was supposed to stay, then he says it goes. Wake up to take my cdl road test and the valve stem on the truck is busted off. Next time around for a test the registration and insurance for the truck is missing. Now I have to go to the infamous ri dmv for a duplicate reg. Next week better be better or I'm torching my equipment and moving to costa rica.

Today I found out a family member has late stage melanoma. Terminal. Please remember to protect yourself from the sun. It will catch up with you.
Yeah, that **** sucks. Seems to be gaining on us. Everywhere I turn, someone has been diagnosed. If I ever get it, I will go out in a blaze, not on a bed.Sorry brotha.

View attachment 346727 This is for scott. Its for sale
How much? Looks like a 72. Swear I seen mine go across the block at a Barrett Jackson. Sold for 72g's. Mine was wrecked before I got it, way out of my skill level to bring it back. But man that thing was a blast. Breakem loose and smokem at 35mph! I sooooooo miss it!

Going out today to kill a couple dead spruces, then to wally world to buy ammo.

Hired a couple of new guys this week, a climber and a groundie. Did this crappy sketchy poplar in one shot with the GRCS, tip tied it and rigged it off the beech beside it. I let him run the GRCS while I cut and he lowered until we had it in the ground. Used the arbor trolley, yard was too soft for the mini skid. Got the whole tree on the trolley crown and stem in 3 trips to the chipper and one each way to haul the GRCS and gear. If you are thinking about getting an arbor trolley..... Do it! They are very very handy and can handle a lot of material!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 50
Today I found out a family member has late stage melanoma. Terminal. Please remember to protect yourself from the sun. It will catch up with you.
Sorry to hear that Zale, my wife lost her aunt who was in her early 50's to that, went to the hospital Dr. Said you have 6 months, passed away 2 weeks later! I wear a thin long sleeve shirt under my work one all the time and slap on as much sun screen as I can!

How much? Looks like a 72. Swear I seen mine go across the block at a Barrett Jackson. Sold for 72g's. Mine was wrecked before I got it, way out of my skill level to bring it back. But man that thing was a blast. Breakem loose and smokem at 35mph! I sooooooo miss it!

Going out today to kill a couple dead spruces, then to wally world to buy ammo.
Not sure on the year but sign said 11k.

Sorry to hear. I don't cover up much but should and I'm dark skinned. Doesn't make any difference supposedly. Most of the Spanish guys will wear long sleeves all summer long, says it's cooler. And don't think I've ever heard of one of them getting skin cancer, makes you wonder.

I was taught in environmental biology that this is not true.

I have seen in real life that it is.

And not always just abandon it, sometimes they rip em to shreads.

But keep in mind that " sometimes" and " likely" are key words in my statements.

Today: found out we`re not that bright - but we are lucky. :D

The spruce we took down yesterday was the wrong tree. The job was set up over the phone - happens often enough with us - and after we did the estimate and phoned the lady back, it was understood that the POS in front of the house by the wires was the one coming down. So we meet the customer today to get paid, and she tells us she wanted the other POS in front of the house by the wires down. Except that POS was actually a perfectly healthy cedar with a few small branches going into the wires leading to the house. It never occured to us for a second that she would want a healthy cedar down but leave the big azz spruce that`s rotting and sits right between the house and the high tension wires.

In the end, and with a smile, she agreed that the one we took down was the one that should have gone and we`re going to trim the cedar back so the branches aren`t in the wires. And she gave us a check for the full amount we had agreed on over the ophone, Lucky indeed.

Today, other than collecting, was a sweet piece of ash. Would have loved to have kept the wood, but the customer wanted it.

003_zps39cd0ba2.jpg

Sounds like she may have tried to trick you.

Latest posts

Back