whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
73b6dc4b47839865fe4c0199827692fe.jpg
3 wheeler came in handy today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

storms ripped through i aint complaining long days big money. too bad every tree service in mn is there

Just stopped in to brag as I was out pulling my normal antics of doing tree work by myself. Climbed a few smaller trees but the real fun was hoisting that horizontal elder up off the fence with the MT55 and placing it down ever so gently like I knew what I was doing. I went there first with the pick-up with the winch in case the 55 wasn't enough, on my way to get the dump truck I stopped and bullshitted at the supply yard and helped take Xmas lights down, then I went and chipped it all up like a crazy loon. I was sucking down water and breathing like a ************! Ate just enough granola bars to keep me from dying. Haven't bathed in days, probably not going to anytime soon. I sleep with a fan blowing on my naked buttocks, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and read Vonnegut or play with my gun, when morning comes I get mad but feel better once I start blowing chips.

Which brings me to answering the question of why it seems like nobody wants to work: Well, this isn't exactly work now is it? No, its something else, something else indeed. So give the normal people a break I suppose, at least they make us look good.

sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and read Vonnegut or play with my gun, when morning comes I get mad but feel better once I start blowing chips.

Which brings me to answering the question of why it seems like nobody wants to work: Well, this isn't exactly work now is it? No, its something else, something else indeed. So give the normal people a break I suppose, at least they make us look good.

Jesus, you are right, Dr.. This is not work, it is something else entirely. Sometimes while I walk around after a job with the sawdust in the corners of my eyes and shredded pants I get the sense that I am not supposed to be here. Mingling in the city with the office lot who have to wear sweaters in their air conditioned buildings or else bring a space heater for their toes makes me feel alien. At some point in the day I usually get scared or realize the power of the machinery and organisms I'm working with. I like to think that I am not fully developed yet. But that's not true, that's not true at all.

well here was my day, 100' oak that had been topped about 11 years ago. 35' in the air we started using the ms661 with a 36" bar. We had a pretty small landing zone on the other side of the tree from where the pics are taken. the bottom part of the spar we layed down on this side. Over all a pretty good day. this was the trickiest job my little company has tackled yet. still gotta finish the clean up tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 20150714_112637.jpg
    20150714_112637.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • 20150714_141015.jpg
    20150714_141015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20150715_165511.jpg
    20150715_165511.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20150715_170843.jpg
    20150715_170843.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 20150715_174703.jpg
    20150715_174703.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Got two calls cancellations one says he is low on money which i understand. The other guy said yes do it, calls today says don't worry about it his wifes friend is gonna do it cheaper. I just hung up cause it just ain't worth it! Anyway I hope the cheaper dude makes more than minimum wage lol, two pines 32 inch dbh in back yard full clean up. I quoted it cheap to stay busy at 750 per tree, whateva i mowed 10 acres :crazy:

Got two calls cancellations one says he is low on money which i understand. The other guy said yes do it, calls today says don't worry about it his wifes friend is gonna do it cheaper. I just hung up cause it just ain't worth it! Anyway I hope the cheaper dude makes more than minimum wage lol two pines 32 inch dbh in back yard full clean up I quoted it cheap to stay busy at 750 per tree, whateva i mowed 10 acres :crazy:
Before your long absence from AS Your clam truck went down didn't it? Or was it your bucket? Well anywho you get it up and running?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Before your long absence from AS Your clam truck went down didn't it? Or was it your bucket? Well anywho you get it up and running?

Nope I sold them both cheap to survive. So now its just me my wraptor and my old whisper and skid. Oh well; we are all doomed anyway as the illegals took over trees just like the construction trade.

My bucket/dump truck is still waiting to have the hydros serviced... i been thinking about selling it so i can buy a wraptor and some SRT kit. Hope they dont work their way up here too soon i just got my company off the ground! Heck its still struggling to pay its own bills let alone mine!

Spent a few hours giving a homeowner multiple heart attacks. Was working with the crane nearly touching the house to sneak behind and pick this ridiculously thick river birch. Was about a 20" dBh that had 5 leads from about 4-5 feet off the ground. It wasn't your average droopy limbed tree it was structured more like a hawthorn with a virtually impenetrable canopy it was beautiful but it was encroaching on the house and pool and the owner wanted it gone.

I was beating on that Strat that Peabody gave me when he called and asked me to dig a hole for his cat. I went up there today with a long spade and a matix and wore myself out in about 3 minutes. The first hole I tried ended up being right on top of a massive boulder. I kept trying to dislodge it because I was sure that not matter where I dug there would have a massive boulder and I was right. I hate being right. I am pretty much always right which is why I am so angry. Well, there is a hole there now, should be able to fit a cat in it. Thank God it wasn't another ****ing horse. Did you ever fork a bloated ****ing horse corpse out of a stall?

I was glad to be outta there ,which I usually am considering Peabody's Hill have ruined many men, so I am told. I ran a few "estimates" today also, one guy gave me 4 brand new road cones from Henkles and McCoy and a log jack. I told the guy I used to have a cant hook but lost it and was glad to have lost it but I took the log jack anyway. I don't know which is worse, and cant hook or a matix.

The one " estimate" I did was a yank job on a couple Alberta Spruce trees from a condo. I CAN'T WAIT til the association gets a load of me hopping the curb and driving on their sidewalks and manicured lawns. **** em! **** em all!

So I love to beat on guitars too, I don't limit myself to chainsaws and women. Locomotive Breath... da duddah da da da dant dant DAH, chicka chicka chick chick CHICK AHH!

One day I was in the Goodwill store looking for used women's underwear and I saw this Fender Twin and I was like, " That is EXCATLY like mine!" Same dust, same missing knobs. Wife was like, " Yeah, can't have that in the house anymore"

Well I was gonna festoon my friend's new truck with the underwear and I guess I can understand where my wife is coming from, I mean the poor girl has been listening to me beat the **** out of Locomotive Breath since nineteen****ingfive.

She has been out of town with the offspring so I have been left to my own devices living of of microwave popcorn, cheap rum and abstract masturbation. Good thing I have another amplifier and a spare high E.

No, I didn't charge for the grave digging.

Spent a few hours giving a homeowner multiple heart attacks. Was working with the crane nearly touching the house to sneak behind and pick this ridiculously thick river birch. Was about a 20" dBh that had 5 leads from about 4-5 feet off the ground. It wasn't your average droopy limbed tree it was structured more like a hawthorn with a virtually impenetrable canopy it was beautiful but it was encroaching on the house and pool and the owner wanted it gone.

I was beating on that Strat that Peabody gave me when he called and asked me to dig a hole for his cat. I went up there today with a long spade and a matix and wore myself out in about 3 minutes. The first hole I tried ended up being right on top of a massive boulder. I kept trying to dislodge it because I was sure that not matter where I dug there would have a massive boulder and I was right. I hate being right. I am pretty much always right which is why I am so angry. Well, there is a hole there now, should be able to fit a cat in it. Thank God it wasn't another ****ing horse. Did you ever fork a bloated ****ing horse corpse out of a stall?

I was glad to be outta there ,which I usually am considering Peabody's Hill have ruined many men, so I am told. I ran a few "estimates" today also, one guy gave me 4 brand new road cones from Henkles and McCoy and a log jack. I told the guy I used to have a cant hook but lost it and was glad to have lost it but I took the log jack anyway. I don't know which is worse, and cant hook or a matix.

The one " estimate" I did was a yank job on a couple Alberta Spruce trees from a condo. I CAN'T WAIT til the association gets a load of me hopping the curb and driving on their sidewalks and manicured lawns. **** em! **** em all!

So I love to beat on guitars too, I don't limit myself to chainsaws and women. Locomotive Breath... da duddah da da da dant dant DAH, chicka chicka chick chick CHICK AHH!

One day I was in the Goodwill store looking for used women's underwear and I saw this Fender Twin and I was like, " That is EXCATLY like mine!" Same dust, same missing knobs. Wife was like, " Yeah, can't have that in the house anymore"

Well I was gonna festoon my friend's new truck with the underwear and I guess I can understand where my wife is coming from, I mean the poor girl has been listening to me beat the **** out of Locomotive Breath since nineteen****ingfive.

She has been out of town with the offspring so I have been left to my own devices living of of microwave popcorn, cheap rum and abstract masturbation. Good thing I have another amplifier and a spare high E.

No, I didn't charge for the grave digging.

Interesting,,,:popcorn2:

Latest posts

Back