What are your favorite pickeroon's ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
was looking at a peavey brand today ,also a metal stihl one ,i liked the peavey style better for feel ,the stihl with a metal pipe wrapped in foam didn't seem right to me ,are there any other companies you guys have liked ?

I got the mid-length tenzalloy Peavey.

I can honestly say it is awesome: light, sharp, and works much better than the round-handled no-name thing I had been using.

The Peavey is just barely short enough to fit in my truck's tool box (which sits in the bed, behind the back window), and is light enough to raise extended with one hand. A bit pricey, though.

was looking at a peavey brand today ,also a metal stihl one ,i liked the peavey style better for feel ,the stihl with a metal pipe wrapped in foam didn't seem right to me ,are there any other companies you guys have liked ?

Peavey's are very popular, but I like the one I stole out of the back of your truck the best...
It was free...
:clap:

I have a CM dixie from northern tool. I wouldn't recommend it, I had to reshape the point to get in the wood. Now it works well but for a few dollars more I'd buy a better one.

I have used both.

If I am spending "my" money, i'd go with logrite/stihl metal and foam.

But, I recently borrowed an original 4.5 ft wood handle Peavey, and I never thought, "gee, I wish I had something else."

LogRite 36" hookaroon. Best tool I ever got- useful so many ways. Love the light weight and french racing blue.

In two years of use, the only wear & tear involves stickers getting bashed off. Made of tough stuff. :msp_thumbup:

Just gotta watch fellow sawyer- wants to adopt it, it seems. Not possible.

The handy hookeroon

Peavey is the best and one of the oldest making these things.

The handy hook is great for firewood. keep them sharp, and can put a small beak on the end if desired.
There are a bunch of different styles, and I tried a few.

I got mine from pickaroon.com. They are made in northern Minnesota and priced nicely. I have used a logrite one as well but definitely prefer mine. I got the longest handled one they make, don't go it the woods with out it.

Homemade from parts on hand. A great and useful tool. If I am working wood, I have it with me. I made it a few months back when I found out what a pickaroon was and what you could do with it.

I got mine from pickaroon.com. They are made in northern Minnesota and priced nicely. I have used a logrite one as well but definitely prefer mine. I got the longest handled one they make, don't go it the woods with out it.

these are nice ,i like the non slip handle ,it rains a lot here i can see that a plus for grip when wet ,the axe head one is cool too, the stihl one i looked at looks identicle to the logosol blue one ,just seems like that foam grip would tear or dry rot after a while

these are nice ,i like the non slip handle ,it rains a lot here i can see that a plus for grip when wet ,the axe head one is cool too, the stihl one i looked at looks identicle to the logosol blue one ,just seems like that foam grip would tear or dry rot after a while

I've had mine for at least two winters and I think it is three now. Lived outside all that time and shows no problems yet. I expect it to deteriorate though.

Harry K

Oh, that's easy

That would be cuzzins Zekeadiah, Zeuglaman, and Biscuit Betty.

They get to pickin', a little while later you are thinking you are back in the highlands and you want to pick up your claymore and go lookin' fer trouble...

So far, I really like the Fiskars version. I have not used any other, so I can't compare.

Latest posts

Back