What are your firewood saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two saws that really intrigue me are the 288 and 064. It's funny because the 064's I see for sale do not command anywhere near the sometimes borderline ridiculous prices I see 066/660 and 044/440/046/460's selling for yet they are a very strong saw and respond extremely well to mods.
I would agree on the 064's Steve. You do want the later version with the newer ignition though and not the older ones. The 64 is much lighter and has great power for the weight according to the guys (I've never run one of them either). The guys say the 288 will outrun many saws even with higher power specs, and once again this is not from my personal experience just listening/reading.
I have seen pretty resonable prices on the ms660, although not many I can resell at much of a profit.
They are hard to come by loggers especially snap them up. Ive had more than I can count try to buy it of of me. If you ever run across one be sure to pick it up they sure don't disappoint. Runs damn close to a 660 with less displacement too. Just built like a tank. If you see any craigslist postings for wood out my way be sure to throw me a shout. Im itchy to get the saws running[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would like to get one that's not as nice as this someday lol. 20160705_093353.jpeg

I would agree on the 064's Steve. You do want the later version with the newer ignition though and not the older ones. The 64 is much lighter and has great power for the weight according to the guys (I've never run one of them either). The guys say the 288 will outrun many saws even with higher power specs, and once again this is not from my personal experience just listening/reading.
I have seen pretty resonable prices on the ms660, although not many I can resell at much of a profit.

I would like to get one that's not as nice as this someday lol. View attachment 522942
a6dfd7a6574903be1a7d29680805baf5.jpg

That one looks pristine also...I was lucky to come across one that was in near perfect shape.. Most the ones you see have been beat by loggers and the clutch cover all busted up.

a6dfd7a6574903be1a7d29680805baf5.jpg

That one looks pristine also...I was lucky to come across one that was in near perfect shape.. Most the ones you see have been beat by loggers and the clutch cover all busted up.

Yes, it's pretty clean, never been fired :surprised3:.20160703_182601.jpeg

Wow that's one for the books there that's a collector right there for certain.

Thanks buddy. If someone doesn't buy it I just might become a collector LOL.
I'm mulling a 266/272 hybrid of that era. Never owned a 70 CC series saw yet. Did see a 576 that ripped pretty good at the saw races recently.
I know where there is a nice looking 268, that would cover it.
I just sold my 441c-m and my MS460 so I was down to the 044 for a 70cc saw, but that changed today with getting the 2165. I'm ready to run that bad boy, the 70 cc saws are pretty fun to run, not to heavy and lots of speed.
Good night gents.

Husqy 353 ore180 stihl depending on the kind of wood
Welcome to AS jasper.
The 353 is a great saw. I've had many thru the yrs and they do a very good job. Everyone loves the 346, which I think is a great saw for a multi saw plan, but the 353 is better suited for a firewood saw I believe.

[QUOTproblem"chipper1, poweight 5973419, member: 126071"]Welcome to AS jasper.
The 353 is a great saw. I've had many thru the yrs and they do a very good job. Everyone loves the 346, which I think is a great saw for a multi saw plan, but the 353 is better suited for a firewood saw I[/QUOTE]
Welcome to AS jasper.
The 353 is a great saw. I've had many thru the yrs and they do a very good job. Everyone loves the 346, which I think is a great saw for a multi saw plan, but the 353 is better suited for a firewood saw I believe.
Only problem I have with the 353 is its leaking chain oil wenn I don't use it for a longer time

44a68a58c41358dba04a88e1316f7e19.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
Sp125,8800,10/10 800,850 Homelite 750,550
I like using these when I've got a big log and need raw power and torque.
Oh and the 10 10 always comes along for a ride and likes to hang out with the big boys.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]

Only problem I have with the 353 is its leaking chain oil when I don't use it for a longer time[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should just sell it to me lol.
I'm only kidding :).

How long are you talking about and does it drain the whole oil reservoir.

You may want to run thicker oil.

Loosen the reservoir cap to relieve any pressure that has built up from heat.

Make sure you clean under the clutch cover after using it or when you know you will be storing it for an extended time.
I try not to rev my saws to much when I'm done cutting as it just gets more oil on the bar and chain that will run off. I will spray them off with brake parts cleaner to get as much of the oil off the bar before putting them away. Care must be taken to keep the brake parts cleaner off the saw thoughand only on the B&C as it could fade or strip the paint.
Hope this helps.

Only problem I have with the 353 is its leaking chain oil when I don't use it for a longer time[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should just sell it to me lol.
I'm only kidding :).

How long are you talking about and does it drain the whole oil reservoir.

You may want to run thicker oil.

Loosen the reservoir cap to relieve any pressure that has built up from heat.

Make sure you clean under the clutch cover after using it or when you know you will be storing it for an extended time.
I try not to rev my saws to much when I'm done cutting as it just gets more oil on the bar and chain that will run off. I will spray them off with brake parts cleaner to get as much of the oil off the bar before putting them away. Care must be taken to keep the brake parts cleaner off the saw thoughand only on the B&C as it could fade or strip the paint.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Nice A&W.
Are all those yours :D.
Ok thanks I clean them every time after work last year a new oil pump fitted

Back