What barmount for Echo CS621sx

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatherwheels

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As above, wondering what mount this saw takes.
Looking at Sugihara bars, they seem to have their own specific mount lettering too.

When am on the subject, I have a 20 inch 3/8 on the saw,
am looking into going down to 16" .325 with a larger rim, anyone done this
and how did it work out, am looking for speed and a less grabby saw in the smaller stuff.

Hi @Paul Silvestri , I can proceed now and look for bars.
Have you got a 620 or 621, is there much of a difference between the two saws,
the 620 is more expensive here than the 621, which put on a bit of weight, and lost a little power.

I have a couple 620s and I believe they are identical other than maybe some emissions stuff. 620 US model and 621 EU model maybe?
I could be wrong tho?!

I mostly run a 20" 3/8 chain. However I have an adapter that allows me to run stihl mount bars because I have so many 72DL loops and a couple lightweight stihls bars. As the Echo 20'' bar is only 70DL. Doesn't make much difference to me but I did primarily to get more use out of chains I already have. adapter was WAY cheaper than one chain loop.

I mostly run a 20" 3/8 chain. However I have an adapter that allows me to run stihl mount bars because I have so many 72DL loops and a couple lightweight stihls bars. As the Echo 20'' bar is only 70DL. Doesn't make much difference to me but I did primarily to get more use out of chains I already have. adapter was WAY cheaper than one chain loop.
Did the bars themselves need any work to fit, would the oil holes in the Stihl bar not be in a different position,
and the tension holes.
Do you run .58 or .63 gauge on the Stihl bars.

Did the bars themselves need any work to fit, would the oil holes in the Stihl bar not be in a different position,
and the tension holes.
Do you run .58 or .63 gauge on the Stihl bars.

Click the post below for some info regarding adapters for Stihl 3003 pattern bars to be used on the Echo CS-590/620. I bought an adapter from AS member @Homelite410. In my experience, the oil holes on a stock Stihl bar lined up perfectly with no modifications. Not that the gauge really matters too much, but in the photos below, my bar is a 3/8" pitch 20" bar with 72 DL .050 gauge chain.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-620p.341411/#post-7266486

Just had to check the D176 mount has a stud slot of 8.0mm, the studs on the 7310 are 9mm. Echo was smart and went with the D009 bar mount.
So your D009 bars fit nicely over the slightly smaller Echo 7310 studs.
But for me the CS621 has 8mm studs, slightly smaller again, so the above Stihl adaptor from 12 mm to 8mm would allow
me to use a Stihl bar, need to see a Stihl bar as it may be weighty given the strength of the bar studs are up there.

The D009 mount is made for 9mm studs and the studs on the 7310 are 9mm so the fit is perfect. So the 12mm to 9mm is what will be needed.
But am talking about a 621 Echo, are they not 8mm bar studs, I think thats what Sugihara
list as the slot in their bar for this saw, just checking to be sure.

But am talking about a 621 Echo, are they not 8mm bar studs, I think thats what Sugihara
list as the slot in their bar for this saw, just checking to be sure.

Sorry my brain has taken a day off, kept thinking 7310. The 621 is in fact 8mm like many Echo saws, so bar mount D176 as mentioned before, sorry for the confusion.

Sorry my brain has taken a day off, kept thinking 7310. The 621 is in fact 8mm like many Echo saws, so bar mount D176 as mentioned before, sorry for the confusion.
No problem at all, I was confused as to what the right measurements were,
sometimes manufacturers are out themselves.
Are these a good saw, I just found out the top ring is a little further towards the top
than on the 620, hoping this does not cause trouble.
Does anyone know if the muffler is a pain to work on regarding making it flow better,
or if there is an after market one that is a straight through can.
The 620 actually costs more where I live.

Well we have the 620 but not the 621, and I do not know the differences between the two. I had a 590 and I opened up the muffler and cut out the redirect in the deflector, the saw gained quit a bit as the muffler is very restrictive. I cut around the tube, to allow for nearly straight out flow. I don't know of any Aftermarket mufflers.

Back