What did you give or get for Christmas (saw related)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poley4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well my wife and kids bought me a Northern chain grinder for Christmas.( not here yet, but that's ok) I'm looking forward to using that. I live in Arkansas, "The Natural State", so I guess rocks are about as natural as you can get and very hard on chains.

I am giving my Dad a chainsaw. Not that he needs another chainsaw, but he always talks about his first new saw he bought back in 1970, a Poulan 361 which is a copy of the Homelite XL-12. Well I found some parts saws on ebay and am now in the process of putting it all back together. He seemed real excited when I told him about it yesterday. Can't wait to get it done for him!

I hope everyone here on AS had a Merry Christmas!

I got a 168 piece tool set from Sears. And some shirts, and gift cards to Sears to buy more tools, or maybe one of their awesome Husky saws haha! I tried to get my boss to give me a MS 441 for a christmas bonus, that went over like a fart in Church.

where in Arkansas Poley?

My family and I live in Fayetteville

Got nothing saw related from the family, but Ive been scooping up a few deals on EBAY this morning to finish up a couple of saw projects in the garage.

Happy Holidays!

Well my wife and kids bought me a Northern chain grinder for Christmas.( not here yet, but that's ok) I'm looking forward to using that. I live in Arkansas, "The Natural State", so I guess rocks are about as natural as you can get and very hard on chains.

I am giving my Dad a chainsaw. Not that he needs another chainsaw, but he always talks about his first new saw he bought back in 1970, a Poulan 361 which is a copy of the Homelite XL-12. Well I found some parts saws on ebay and am now in the process of putting it all back together. He seemed real excited when I told him about it yesterday. Can't wait to get it done for him!

I hope everyone here on AS had a Merry Christmas!

where in Arkansas Poley?

My family and I live in Fayetteville

Got nothing saw related from the family, but Ive been scooping up a few deals on EBAY this morning to finish up a couple of saw projects in the garage.

Happy Holidays!

Yellville, about halfway between Harrison and Mountain Home on US62.

I got myself a nice 2nd hand 440 a couple days before christmas. The double time I worked on christmas eve paid for it in about 2.5 hours. lol

Merry christmas guys.

BG55 blower

Got a check from EMIL (Evil Mother In Law) to go buy my new blower. Will try to pick it up tomorrow (the blower, not the mother in law).

Holy Crap!!

This has been an "Over The Top" Christmas for me as Santa was definitely wearing Orange!!! My wife (God Bless Her) came through huge with a new edition 346 XP and my son and daughter-in-law bought me new Matterhorn safety boots - - - Awesome!! Also received an oregon portable sharpener from my other son along with gloves and oil. WOW!!!

AL :clap: :clap: :clap:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Scherwinski\Desktop\346-Clutch-sideweb.jpg

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Scherwinski\Desktop\346--and-Gearweb.jpg

Pair of woodsman pro chaps and a little poulan pole saw to trim around the fields,tired of getting smacked while on the tractor.
Russ

I got a Magellan RoadMate navigation system and some $$$$$$. Everyone figured I already had enough saws and I warned them to not bring me a saw from Lowes or HD.:angry2: :cry: :)

Merry Christmas Everyone

My best guess is a pair of dual-port covers (046 and 066) wrapped up under the tree. Karen fetched them for me, and said the lady at the saw shop was in a gift wrappin frenzy... she did a real nice job too!

Not really for Christmas, and not really saw related, but a week ago I laid away a FS250 bike-handle trimmer... and yesterday snagged a spare muffler for it from Curt's store. This'll put me 2/3 into my 3 STIHL trimmer plan :D

We aren't doing the gift thing & dinner until 1830 -+ (Karen had to work) so I'm enjoying the calm before the storm...

Merry Christmas Folks!

Last edited:
My mom gave me a Peltor and I ordered it from Bailey's. It also came with a few files, ring compressor set, breaker and spinner set, and wire mesh glasses.
Merry Christmas

Cleaned up

New (1956) Homelite EZ saw, New (old) PL7A Remington, Pair of Stihl boots, Chaps, Tickled to death.

The store owner have me a log lifter... Now I have two - so 4 strong guys can now lift and walk a 1000lb log or beam. Now to round up 4 strong guys to place my brigge beams!:hmm3grin2orange:

The rest was NOT saw related, but I did good. The wife bought me a Kurt 688 machining vice. Surprised even me. I'd mentioned to a friend months ago that I'd eventually get a Kurt, but.. way too expensive ..;)

Last edited:
Kurt

You'll love the vice, but beware, you can really put a squeeze on something with it...You can push something past square with it. But you will never regret getting it.

I'll send you a stop for it.

Rob

Last edited:
Back