What do you think 630 bucks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czar800

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I can get a MS361 with a 20" bar out the door for $630.00 bucks. I have not priced around yet, so i thought i would ask everyone what they had to say.

You can probably do a little better than that if you have cash money in hand, but the price is fair. It's basically list price. All these Dolmar guys talking high about their 7900's gotta try one, but the ms440's are supposedly a stronger saw with .6hp less according to those who have run them both.

I wouldn't spend $600.00 on anything without shopping around some. About a year ago I spent an afternoon on the phone and found prices ranging from $552.00 to $609.00 The guy that offered $552.00 was only about a mile from where I work and has turned out to be a good dealer.

When I bought my new in box 7900 PHO I weighed it. It crossed the scale at 14 lbs 7 ounces.

I'm not sure where Dolmar got their weight but I would say that they are consistantly about a pound heavier than they admit. Do they take off the clutch cover, sprocket etc... to get it down?

7900 is a wicked saw, big, not too heavy, but not much of a limbing saw.

361 is my "go to" saw.

Have I mentioned I just picked up a 440? We'll just have to see were it sits in my rapidly expanding selection.

I can get a MS361 with a 20" bar out the door for $630.00 bucks. I have not priced around yet, so i thought i would ask everyone what they had to say.

Full list is 599.95 so I assume your paying full list plus tax. YOU CAN DO BETTER on the price but NOT ON THE SAW, the 361 is a goodie.

Just bought my 361 two weeks ago here in Virginia, with 20" bar & chain, out the door for $551.00 including tax.

Just bought my 361 two weeks ago here in Virginia, with 20" bar & chain, out the door for $551.00 including tax.

Yup yup, it can be done. Thats not to say all dealers will knock off some but most will if ya act right. I know a bunch of guys that bought em for 550.00 not too long ago. Them lucky suckers,hehe

Men, women, kids...........Heck, the Husky guys even run 'em.

:bowdown: :bowdown: 361:bowdown: :bowdown:

Really, are you serious, ya dayumm right they do, look at Sawtroll,LOL

BTW 2000 if ya get one there's a very easy muffler mod you can pull on that saw that is very mild but the saw wakes up quite nice with it without alot of noise,hint hint..

Last edited:
Back