What model Husqvarna's are made by Poulan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been to most of them. Star Hill is absolutely beautiful. I could walk around those grounds for days. Best tour I ever had was at Four Roses. Kelli and I had a private walk through with the operations manager there. He showed us the whole works and took us to the sample room to explain how they know when it's time to bottle a certain brand. Learned a ton!

Yes, there is a lot of booze relabeling around here, but Bourbon is big in Ky.

We lived near Wild Turkey when we lived in Anderson County, but now we live 2 miles downstream from Maker's Mark.

just like in these parts every one and there son makes wine..
at this point i fancy wheat beer.. oddley i've worked at most of the winery's
around here did alot with "big wine" like gallo

if your worried about cr@p made in china wait till another country starts manufactureing that dose't care about quality

Dirt Bikes

Just wonderin what is the ties between husky's saws and there dirtbikes? I growed-up on big husky thumpers. wish I still had my ole '81 430 mx'er, dang that monster was fast. :greenchainsaw:

as a former mx rider, I know a little.. Somewhere in the 80`s Italian factory,Cagiva,bought Husqvarna Motorcycles, and all was made in Italy.
Of the "dead" Swedish plant grow a new real swedish brand: Husaberg.
In 1998 (or there about) Austrian factory,KTM,bought Husaberg, because the wanted the Four stroke technic.

as a former mx rider, I know a little.. Somewhere in the 80`s Italian factory,Cagiva,bought Husqvarna Motorcycles, and all was made in Italy.
Of the "dead" Swedish plant grow a new real swedish brand: Husaberg.
In 1998 (or there about) Austrian factory,KTM,bought Husaberg, because the wanted the Four stroke technic.

KTM makes most of (if not all) the bikes that compete in the elite of the MC class of the Paris-Dakar rally - just in case not everyone know.........

Last edited:
KTM makes most of (if not all) the bikes that compete in the elite MC class of the Paris-Dakar rally - just in case not everyone know.........

yeah, but i was mainly taking moto-cross :hmm3grin2orange:
I`m pretty sure BMW also makes a very good Dakar bike. And Yamaha sure was the fastest in the mid 90`s with Stefan Peterhansel.

BTW i have always ridden Yamaha :bowdown:

I just had to have a little fun.:cheers:

I know, but it is a sore Acilles heel for them....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Over here, they peddle their saw where they can - no real dealers left around here, that only sell Stihl.....

My good prices on Stihl chain also went away with that, so I am not happy about it at all, really! :bang::bang:

Last edited:
our local Stihl dealers

One sells Echo too, another sells Husqvarna & is listed now as a Redmax
dealer, all of the small engine shops sell & service mowers, some over
$10K US.
I went by the closest JD dealer to get a part for an old tractor last
year, they had a shelf of Stihl saws & wall display of weed whips and
other OPE equipment, but had over 10 million $ of tractors, combines, mowers,
drills & other JD equipment outside, Stihl is just an additional sale for them.
When you walk into the sales area, there were 5 big screen TV's to entertain
the customers while they were waiting to shell out some bucks.

Hush! The Stihlboys don't like to hear about that.....:)

Real Stihl dealers are mostly history around here, but I guess that could happen to any brand?

Hmmmmmmm its beginning to look like Husky may not be around much longer where you are Sawtroll, seems they got bigtime problems, again for the 3rd year in a row. This is the results of how not to run a business:

Husqvarna slashes staff in Sweden as profits fallPublished: 23 Oct 09 10:49 CET | Double click on a word to get a translation
Online: http://www.thelocal.se/22832/20091023/

Share Swedish outdoor power products manufacturer Husqvarna has responded to a third quarter drop in profits by announcing the closure of factories in Sweden and the USA.The firm also announced that it plans to increase its workforce in China.

The changes to the firm's structure will result in the loss of 200 jobs in Sweden and impact a total of 1,200 jobs within the concern worldwide.

Husqvarna plans also to consolidate its sales organisation in Europe and Asia as well as the Pacific rim area, the company explained in a statement in connection with the publication of its third quarter figures on Friday.

The workforce at Husqvarna's plants in China and Poland will be increased and thus the net job losses will come in at 400.

The programme of cuts announced by the firm include the closure of the so-called Rider factory in Huskvarna in south-central Sweden, the factory in Tansbyn near Östersund in northern Sweden, and the lawn mower facility in Höör in southern Sweden.

The firm's Spanish production will also be hit with the announcement to concentrate construction sector products manufacture in Ödeshög in south-central Sweden.

The announcement of the cuts comes as the firm, which manufactures lawn-mowers and power tools among other things, reported a drop in profits for the third quarter.

Profits after financial items amounted to 108 million kronor ($15.9 million), in comparison with a profit of 178 million kronor in the corresponding period of 2008.

"Uncertainty over future orders remains as a result of the recession and retailers are expected to retain stocks at a low level," Husqvarna writes, forecasting that deliveries are expected to decline in comparison with the corresponding period of 2008.

CEO Magnus Yngen in the firm's report described the market situation as "significantly weaker" during the third quarter in comparison with the corresponding period of 2008.

The reorganization is forecast to cost the firm around 400 million kronor to complete, of which 59 million kronor will be filed in the report for the fourth quarter 2009.

Once completed the measures are predicted to cut the firm's overheads by 400 million kronor per annum.

TT/The Local ([email protected]/08 656 6518)

Magnus is running out of excuses considering others have rebounded from the 08/09 recession, Stihl especailly!!

Psssssssssssssst Sawtroll you crack me up, you ran away, check the date on that,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Psssssssssssssst Sawtroll you crack me up, you ran away, check the date on that,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I was busy in another thread, and following Hurricane TOMAS - that probably will make a lot of damage on Haiti, despite the centre of the Hurricane doesn't directly hit Haiti - it passes between Haiti and Cuba.....

Hush! The Stihlboys don't like to hear about that.....:)

Real Stihl dealers are mostly history around here, but I guess that could happen to any brand?

Whats wrong with a John Deere Dealer also being a Stihl Dealer ???...At least they can repair a saw .......

Husky at Walmart...........Hmmmmmm Service work in dumpster out back??

Hmmmmmmm its beginning to look like Husky may not be around much longer where you are Sawtroll, seems they got bigtime problems, again for the 3rd year in a row. This is the results of how not to run a business:

Husqvarna slashes staff in Sweden as profits fallPublished: 23 Oct 09 10:49 CET | Double click on a word to get a translation
Online: http://www.thelocal.se/22832/20091023/

Share Swedish outdoor power products manufacturer Husqvarna has responded to a third quarter drop in profits by announcing the closure of factories in Sweden and the USA.The firm also announced that it plans to increase its workforce in China.

The changes to the firm's structure will result in the loss of 200 jobs in Sweden and impact a total of 1,200 jobs within the concern worldwide.

Husqvarna plans also to consolidate its sales organisation in Europe and Asia as well as the Pacific rim area, the company explained in a statement in connection with the publication of its third quarter figures on Friday.

The workforce at Husqvarna's plants in China and Poland will be increased and thus the net job losses will come in at 400.

The programme of cuts announced by the firm include the closure of the so-called Rider factory in Huskvarna in south-central Sweden, the factory in Tansbyn near Östersund in northern Sweden, and the lawn mower facility in Höör in southern Sweden.

The firm's Spanish production will also be hit with the announcement to concentrate construction sector products manufacture in Ödeshög in south-central Sweden.

The announcement of the cuts comes as the firm, which manufactures lawn-mowers and power tools among other things, reported a drop in profits for the third quarter.

Profits after financial items amounted to 108 million kronor ($15.9 million), in comparison with a profit of 178 million kronor in the corresponding period of 2008.

"Uncertainty over future orders remains as a result of the recession and retailers are expected to retain stocks at a low level," Husqvarna writes, forecasting that deliveries are expected to decline in comparison with the corresponding period of 2008.

CEO Magnus Yngen in the firm's report described the market situation as "significantly weaker" during the third quarter in comparison with the corresponding period of 2008.

The reorganization is forecast to cost the firm around 400 million kronor to complete, of which 59 million kronor will be filed in the report for the fourth quarter 2009.

Once completed the measures are predicted to cut the firm's overheads by 400 million kronor per annum.

TT/The Local ([email protected]/08 656 6518)

Magnus is running out of excuses considering others have rebounded from the 08/09 recession, Stihl especailly!!

Gloating again are we Thomas? That’s pretty wennie considering ever major advancement in stihl chainsaw technology in the last 10 years has been a direct copy from a husky design. Even you should be able to realize that running a public corporation is entirely different from running a private one. Too bad stihl don’t have the steel to go public but you need to be big if you want to play on the big board with the big boys. If you insist on comparing stihl to another company, try something more in the Stihl size category like Mary K or 7-UP. How did Echo do this year?? Stihl dealers in my area are so desperate for sales they are now selling shoes. Lawngrips and vacuums?? Please… next you will be selling pop and mascara.

Whats wrong with a John Deere Dealer also being a Stihl Dealer ???...At least they can repair a saw .......

Husky at Walmart...........Hmmmmmm Service work in dumpster out back??

You know better than that - the JD dealers are offering the pro Stihls, not only the cheap crap ones.

Gloating again are we Thomas? That’s pretty wennie considering ever major advancement in stihl chainsaw technology in the last 10 years has been a direct copy from a husky design. Even you should be able to realize that running a public corporation is entirely different from running a private one. Too bad stihl don’t have the steel to go public but you need to be big if you want to play on the big board with the big boys. If you insist on comparing stihl to another company, try something more in the Stihl size category like Mary K or 7-UP. How did Echo do this year?? Stihl dealers in my area are so desperate for sales they are now selling shoes. Lawngrips and vacuums?? Please… next you will be selling pop and mascara.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cent you can't see the trees for the forest, the post was a joke, its a year old, but it did point out this China biz some like to point out on others. The link in my other post is the recent results, I suggest glasses Cent, your slipping,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Back