What model Husqvarna's are made by Poulan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess most things are a bit slow in the US these days, at least according to the news. ;)

True, that be correct, however Ford is way up, some others are claiming gains. Husky is probably making some gains in the small handheld equipment as well but the mower biz seems to be killing their profits here. Stihl is having a real good year, they are already talking 2011 with 2010 behind them as a success,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cent you can't see the trees for the forest, the post was a joke, its a year old, but it did point out this China biz some like to point out on others. The link in my other post is the recent results, I suggest glasses Cent, your slipping,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Since I am obviously nearsighted, do tell, what exactly did I miss?? How the shoe sales coming along?? Let me guess, up 16 percent for the year??

True, that be correct, however Ford is way up, some others are claiming gains. Husky is probably making some gains in the small handheld equipment as well but the mower biz seems to be killing their profits here. Stihl is having a real good year, they are already talking 2011 with 2010 behind them as a success,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well, Husky is doing well enough over-all (just read the report on their site) - it is just the US that is a bit slow at the moment - and that is no surprice with 10% unemployment etc. :pumpkin2:

I guess that is what you voted in Obama for - or maybe not?

Around here in central MO. there are Stihl dealers, that is their main product.
I don't know of a single Husky dealer. All Husky dealers I know of sell
huskys on the side, be it lawn mowers of vacuum cleaners. The farm
stores that sell Stihl and Huskys have a 4:1 floor space setup with
Stihl having 4 times the floor space as Husky. The Stihl dealer I use
is at a farm store. Its unreal how many free units they get per year
for the amount of Stihl units they sell. They get so many free units
that not only the saws guys get them, but even the girls at the check
out counter get in on the free units. I have seen as high as over 150
new Stihl saws in boxes not counting the trimmers. Manger couple of years
ago told me how many case of oil they sold per year. I will not say here
but it was hard for me to believe. This is just in my area but Husky doesn't
make a wort on Stihls butt in terms of sales or anything else here.

TT

Well, Husky is doing well enough over-all (just read the report on their site) - it is just the US that is a bit slow at the moment - and that is no surprice with 10% unemployment etc. :pumpkin2:

I guess that is what you voted in Obama for - or maybe not?

LOLOLOLOL, I've heard it all, its Obama's fault Husky is doing poorly in the US, you crack me up Sawtroll. Wait a minute if thats your point how do you explain Stihl's banner year,:monkey::monkey::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Since I am obviously nearsighted, do tell, what exactly did I miss?? How the shoe sales coming along?? Let me guess, up 16 percent for the year??

Got no idea Cent but I bought two pair this year, did my part to help shoe sales,:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

LOLOLOLOL, I've heard it all, its Obama's fault Husky is doing poorly in the US, you crack me up Sawtroll. Wait a minute if thats your point how do you explain Stihl's banner year,:monkey::monkey::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Stihl is a very minor factor here - it always was, but now it is all but gone - except in the "box-stores" that don't service anything.

Stihl is a very minor factor here - it always was, but now it is all but gone - except in the "box-stores" that don't service anything.

Husky's market is very minor there too. You have about 4 plus million people there, the little state of Virginia has over 7 million. Where your at I'd be surprized either one waste alot of time or invest alot of money on such a small market..

Got no idea Cent but I bought two pair this year, did my part to help shoe sales,:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

You must be suffering from Alzheimer’s, old man. You told me I missed something and need glasses but you a cant tell me what I missed. All talk and nothing behind it, just like stihl saws. Next you will be telling us that Lawngrips are superior to Whites or Westco just cuz they have a stihl label.

Husky's market is very minor there too. You have about 4 plus million people there, the little state of Virginia has over 7 million. Where your at I'd be surprised either one waste slot of time or invest alot of money on such a small market..

You can always argue that - should everyone turn their belly up for that reason? :biggrinbounce2:

The fact is that there are a lot of productive woods around here, and we are nowhere near cutting down the yearly regrowth at the moment

- and then we need to get rid of the spruce that were planted some decades ago - and don't belong here!

You must be suffering from Alzheimer’s, old man. You told me I missed something and need glasses but you a cant tell me what I missed. All talk and nothing behind it, just like stihl saws. Next you will be telling us that Lawngrips are superior to Whites or Westco just cuz they have a stihl label.

Cent I only suggested glasses after you shot off at the gum. I explained exactly what you missed and you still don't get it, I'm out of suggestions,haha

Cent there was a man who walked up on a porch. On the steps was a little boy and a dog. The man asked the little boy does your dog bite, little boy said no. The man reached out to pet the pooch and it bit the hell out of him. He pulled back, blood running out his hand. He said boy I thought you told me your dog didn't bite. Little boy said thats right, my dog doesn't bite, thats not my dog. Check your hand Cent,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
You can always argue that - should everyone turn their belly up for that reason? :biggrinbounce2:

The fact is that there are a lot of productive woods around here, and we are nowhere near cutting down the yearly regrowth at the moment

- and then we need to get rid of the spruce that were planted some decades ago - and don't belong here!

Not arguing, just stating fact, you claim Stihl doesn't do much there, neither does Husky, why would they, neither would sell enuff there to warrant much of a effort due to such a small population, simple math, thats all..

Not arguing, just stating fact, you claim Stihl doesn't do much there, neither does Husky, why would they, neither would sell enuff there to warrant much of a effort due to such a small population, simple math, thats all..

Husky do an effort, the local market here is large enough for that - relatively few people, but lots of woods! ;)

Husky sell lots of saws, Stihl saws mostly are wrecs in the corner of the Husky dealers shops - turned in and replaced....

Last edited:
Gloating again are we Thomas? That’s pretty wennie considering ever major advancement in stihl chainsaw technology in the last 10 years has been a direct copy from a husky design. Even you should be able to realize that running a public corporation is entirely different from running a private one. Too bad stihl don’t have the steel to go public but you need to be big if you want to play on the big board with the big boys. If you insist on comparing stihl to another company, try something more in the Stihl size category like Mary K or 7-UP. How did Echo do this year?? Stihl dealers in my area are so desperate for sales they are now selling shoes. Lawngrips and vacuums?? Please… next you will be selling pop and mascara.

Big and small eh? How come Stihl, such a small company is #1 in hand held OPE world wide? I mean husky has like 10 different brands under their belt and can't compete. What is the deal Cent???

Back