what oil do you use in your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what 2 cylle oil do you use?

• huskqvarna

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • stihl

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • echo

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • amsoil

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • other

Votes: 41 31.8%

• Total voters
Husqvarna XP or now low smoke @ 40:1

It is available locally, supposed to be semi-synthetic with fuel stabilizer.
I use it for old Poulan saws, Husqvarnas, a Mak-Dolly, weedwhackers or anything that needs mix fuel, simplifies logistics; sour fuel or gasahol probably causes more problems.

I don't really know, as I use pre-mixed Aspen Alkylate fuel, usually Husky branded, but some times Jonsered branded.

All I know about the oil, is that it is a high-quality synth one - and that is all that counts.

Stay with one brand and type, shifting around may affect carb tuning.

Last edited:
orange stihl @ anywhere from 42:1 to 48:1, (there is always some gas left in the can when I get more). with 87 octane. Works great and makes more power than that expensive high octane stuff.......

Quicksilver PWC 2-Stroke Oil
Buy it by the gallon.

:D Al

Just asking, but isn't that for water cooled 2-Strokes (outboards).

TT

Yes. It's made by Mercury for Personal Watercraft.

This is what I have read and nothing more.

It's not good to use water cooled oil in air cooled 2-strokes.
As air cooled run hotter than water cooled engines.
The water cooled oil isn't made for the higher temperatures
that air cooled engines run at.

TT

Stihl Ultra with 1/2 ounce of Klotz R50 Super Techniplate, mixed with Marine Fuel tested for no ethanol. 42:1

Makes the best power I have found.

Second choice would be Amsoil Sabre/Klotz Super R50 1/2 ounce.

For what it is worth, most people here use great oils, that is not the problem, the fuel is. Get your testors from Baileys. Check your fuels.

You know whats funny is the different brands of gas here. I just retired from a refinery so i know a little of what goes on. Take for example my little town. It has like 10 different brands of gas stations. Guess what they all use the gas i made they just add their little "packet" to the tanker and fill up with "our" gas and take it to "their" stations. Its like that everywhere where there is a refinery. Some brands cost too much to ship so they use the local refinery and change the name on the product. So that high dollar Shell, BP, Sunoco or any other brand prob came from "our" one tank. Just thought i would pass it on...Bob

Back