What saw is the best? Husky, Stihl, McCulloch, Homelite, Echo, Pioneer, Dolmar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What saw maker is the best

• Stihl

Votes: 176 36.7%
  • Husky

Votes: 192 40.1%
  • McCulloch

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Homelite

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Echo

Votes: 32 6.7%
  • Pioneer

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 41 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 2.9%

• Total voters
Sure stihl claims there number one whatever im guessing you probobly have a mathews bow to both spend a ton in advertising brainwashing everybody that there the best when the truth of the matter is there is alot of great stuff out thrre this day and age

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

And Stihls number one selling saw is the MS290, lots of people buying those with its a Stihl mentality. Steve

My favorites are
241c, 346xp
357xp, 562xp
440 hybrid, 7910, 372xp
390xp, 660, 661
I need to cast several votes but pushed Hooskie!!!:surprised3::laugh:

Husky, hottest out of the box and easiest to work on. I have three 026s on my bench right now and compared to a 2xx or 3xx series Husqvarna they are a PITA!

Joe

Husky, hottest out of the box and easiest to work on. I have three 026s on my bench right now and compared to a 2xx or 3xx series Husqvarna they are a PITA!

Joe
The only thing I have against 0 series Stihls is that pitiful mastercontrol spring!!!

Around here most firewood hacks use box store saws, they cut 3-5 cords per year have the carbs cleaned and fuel lines replaced every two years, more serous woodcutters use stihl, while almost all tree service groups use stihls. I believe that because of the dealer network.

Also why you think so. What made up your mind? Let downs with a certain saw? Great service from another? Why are you so set on "your" brand?

Well, who couldn't love a $500 Echo 600p. I hear rumors that one you ported will out cut a stock 441 all day long and cut right with a stock 461 (20" b&c). If you can make a 13.3 lb. saw perform like that, that's a winner in my book.

Always liked Echo's price, reliability, etc. but that kind of performance is on a different level...if it's true:).

McCulloch was the best for years, way ahead of their time. As far as current production saws, I would say Echo and Dolkita and Husky, in order of my preference. I am not a stihl guy. When I get them, I fix them and sell them. I do own an 075 for my "big saw" though. Price was right, (freebie). I have run saws in the woods as a pro logger in my past career, McC , Johnnyred, Husky. I have used Stihl in the woods as well. They are not quite the all day user saw that the swede saws are, IMO. They will cut the muster. Not as comfortable for me in an all day working arrangement.

Well I think it is now OBVIOUSLY DOLMAR! They look at all the boxes that need checked and address each one.
Some of the best power to price ratio, some of the best weight to price ratio, some of the best features to price ratio,
It is very hard to beat the 421, 6100, and 7900.
I would say echo is trying pretty hard for number 2
:baaa::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

I'm still a Stihlhead.

I could care less what saw is fastest. I'm just interested in what works best for me.
Ive picked the 3 from 40cc, 70cc, and 90cc classes over a few years and many saws that I like. 241c, 440/460 hybrid, 390xp. Couldnt be happier but in that 70cc class id say a 7900/7910 is pretty darn strong too

I've said Stihl before and will again, not that the amount of cutting I do qualifies me.

Why you ask? Dealer, Dealer, Dealer. He sold me my Ariens mower and delivered my snowblower 30 miles during a snow storm on a Sunday. He sells Stihl saws so I will buy Stihl saws (if I ever need to buy a new one). Only part that really sucks is the city has the road all tore up in front of his store. I tried to go look at bars for the 044 yesterday and couldn't even get in the lot.

Latest posts

Back