What saw is the best? Husky, Stihl, McCulloch, Homelite, Echo, Pioneer, Dolmar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What saw maker is the best

• Stihl

Votes: 176 36.7%
  • Husky

Votes: 192 40.1%
  • McCulloch

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Homelite

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Echo

Votes: 32 6.7%
  • Pioneer

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 41 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 2.9%

• Total voters
Like my Dad use to say, " Son u gotta read between the lines!!" Lol!! Lots of schrades and feelings on shoulders here lately on AS to tell what in the hell somebody has on their mind when u ask a question around here now? Me Im just trying to learn alil and make extra money in my shop to take care of my 9 month old daughter and stay out of the drama around here

Sounds like a good plan.
Me?..I like to write Comedy at times. Its going down like a bomb the last few days..lol its funny.
Just trying to have fun ****ing off for a living for a change...wait...whats this gig paying again

I actually like the 2 series and the 3 series and have worked on both and ported both. I favor the 390 setup on the inboard clutch like a Stihl . I dont care for that wacky throttle cable system in the rear handle of the 390 but everything else seems very soild to me. Maybe the bottomend doesnt have a rep on holding up but then again too most folks run 50to1 instead of 32to1

Man this is a tough one. Ummmm
Guess i gotta go with stihl, mabe echo hech i dont know ther all good.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Husqvarna
Because "I owe my soul to the company store"

There really and truely wasn't a better way to skin a Cat.

West Coast thinning was the game
And number two hundred and sixty six was her name.
Walkerized with the A/M K&N high filter sitting under an all blue A/M cover that said 'Eliminator' how cool with a 16" display full on. I didn't even have to start it up it was so scary the trees would part themselves. Oh you laugh...you ****en' laughin' now. By early '95 I had the 52mm under that cap. :heart:

Anyone have any pics or own one of those caps or past history I would like to here from you.
You could verify my story...you know the one about the trees moving aside

I had one of those West Coast 266`s but passed it along a few years back. John did a bit of thinning/spacing out there, claims he ran 266`s also. High top blue covers and AM filters were the rage, tape the throttle open and let er roar.

I choose husky, for the ease of maintaining, ergonomics, performance and they are always bringing something new to the table I can't live without!

Latest posts

Back