what saw should I buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we have a great opportunity to help a fellow member with selecting a chainsaw and no one's taking him seriously. He has stuck his neck out to try to get good solid advice from a community which has good solid advice to give. We have not pooled our resources very well at all here folks. Let's pull out all the stops and give this AS member out utmost attention. We need to focus on the question at hand and apply our combined ........

Wait a minute. What was the question again????????

Black and Decker circular saw with a 100 foot electrical cord.

both - burn then just twist them togther.

Your saw will be very powerful when you do this. You may need to switch your cirucuit breaker to a much higher rated one. Go ahead and buy the biggest one you can find. Then go out for pizza.

(disclaimer: The above is just a joke. For god sakes don't anyone ever do that.)

Last edited:
I was just wondering which saw I should buy. I want one that is not too heavy for it's weight, has excellent power for its torque, has dealers that don't cost more than their charges, and has a color that is manly.

I've used the search feature, but can't find any information. I'll be using it mainly to cut hard and soft woods bigger than 2" in diameter. What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance for the wonderful information you provide.

Go to sears and get a craftsman saw, The black one, so it's Manly Color shows off for you.
You don't have to worry about taking it back to the dealer and bickering with the tech. ( They don't have one ) That ought to save you millions.
Those saws don't care what type of oil you use. There time limited.
Heres the good part Sears also sell craftsman chains so all you have to do is buy a new one each year you pull your saw out and feel Manily.:lifter:

Make sure you ask the salesmen for "suck back prevention" when you pick your new saw. I believe that it is available on most of the better saws (such as poulan, craftsman, etc) due to EPA regulations.

I was just wondering which saw I should buy. I want one that is not too heavy for it's weight, has excellent power for its torque, has dealers that don't cost more than their charges, and has a color that is manly.

I've used the search feature, but can't find any information. I'll be using it mainly to cut hard and soft woods bigger than 2" in diameter. What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance for the wonderful information you provide.

Hallo,

i would by a Dolmar 7900 or a Makita DCS 7900
its a lite saw with much power
I have one an it makes a lot of fun
6,3 kg weight and 6,3 horsepower

:greenchainsaw: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back