What saws will Santa bring your wives and girlfriends for Christmas???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
OK, off on another tangent in chainsaw land... what chainsaws are you pondering or have ordered or bought for the significant other in your life?

I got a series of 210-250 size saws over the past year, but they do not seem to impress her. She still wants to use the TH CS-3000 Echo, that is falling apart. I want to get her a Dolmar PS350 or PS420, with spring loaded starting assist, but they are not out here yet, and they are way too expensive in Germany with the weak dollar. So I am back to ordering up a Dolly PS401, as it is light and powerful, and available now. It also has the happy start decomp button for easier starting. She does not read AS either... so I can post this here.

Well I (I mean she) needs a 357xp really bad. The last time I did this though she got a browning bar 7mm-08.

No saws for wifey this Christmass, she already owns the fastest under 60 for an 800 mile radious.:cheers:

LOL Saws for the wife? As in "Here, Honey, a little bitty chainsaw just for you. It's nice and light and doesn't make too much noise and it's just right for a fragile little thing like you?" Things would get ugly around here real fast.
My wife can run any saw I have, up to and including the 066 with the 36" bar.
Getting her a "girly" saw would put me in the doghouse straight away. She'd be insulted and I'd lose one of the few people I trust to run saw close to me.

She also hand-files better than I do...more patience and sharper eyesight....but don't tell her I finally admitted it. :)

Windy: Are you NUTZ????

I may as well buy her a Bridgeport.. hey.... :monkey:

Well, most of us here do not own chainsaw shops filled with saws. Also my GF gets a kick out of owning her own personal saws, and she likes cutting trees down around here (for some strange reason). Anyway, I tell yah what, why not buy your S.O. a Husky so you can show everyone how much better a Stihl is! :greenchainsaw:

Well, most of us here do not own chainsaw shops filled with saws. Also my GF gets a kick out of owning her own personal saws, and she likes cutting trees down around here (for some strange reason). Anyway, I tell yah what, why not buy your S.O. a Husky so you can show everyone how much better a Stihl is! :greenchainsaw:

ha! My better-half thinks saws are evil disgusting poluting noisy expensive smelly pos. And of course, she's mostly right... but she sure likes the fireplace...

as for "owning a store", no.. most if us don't...

Last edited:
LOL Saws for the wife? As in "Here, Honey, a little bitty chainsaw just for you. It's nice and light and doesn't make too much noise and it's just right for a fragile little thing like you?" Things would get ugly around here real fast.

Well, you can always buy her a 660 Mag if you want. I did not say that they have to be whimpy saws or anything. Here I have the opposite experience. I try to get my GF to use the 210 and 250, but she says that they are too hard for her to cut with. She loves the baby Echo. So I am trying to find a really light weight rear handle saw to wean her with.

Go demo a rear handle 192... My neighbor (woman) loves it.... They don't come much lighter.

Hmmm, maybe. If I could test one someplace. Smaller Stihl shops here do not have them in stock. Eugene would, but the owner is weird. He is a salesman that likes to go on and on about how he met Herr Andreas Stihl himself, who he quotes as saying, "Stihl saws are never put 'on sale' becasue they are 'always on sale'." Or some such. The rest of the people there are pretty good though. They do have a pile of logs out back to test saws on. And the 192 looks nice and light, especially with the Ematic bar, though a bit less power than the 401. And more expensive... I'll have to look at them again, up close and personal (I did not like the feel of the MS200 though).

as for "owning a store", no.. most if us don't...

I did not say you had a store... I said that you had a shop. You know, the one with the 1 to 3-phase converter with all those fancy variable speed 3-phase motorized tools in it, and (my presumption here) buzz saws that you modify. Perhaps I have the wrong impression? Come to think of it, you seem to be somewhat of a mystery to a lot of people on AS that think you are the master moderator on AS. I assure them that you are not the Big Kahuna, but maybe I am wrong about that??? :monkey:

I did not say you had a store... I said that you had a shop. You know, the one with the 1 to 3-phase converter with all those fancy variable speed 3-phase motorized tools in it, and (my presumption here) buzz saws that you modify. Perhaps I have the wrong impression? Come to think of it, you seem to be somewhat of a mystery to a lot of people on AS that think you are the master moderator on AS. I assure them that you are not the Big Kahuna, but maybe I am wrong about that??? :monkey:

damn.. shop... store.. it's SOoooooo confuzzing.. and you said "chainsaw shop"... I'm much more than that.

so....... you mean my HOME stuff. oh yes... I also have a garage, basement and barn full... and I have 3 1 to 3 phase thingys....

and yes, you are wrong about that (in fact - if you're confused - anything you think you are right about... lololol). BTW what the heck is a BUZZ saw?

Here's my latest toy:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back