What the hell happened?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how on earth can you have negative credits? Quoting makes it go backwards? This is completely redonkulous.

Fish is right

With the tweaks, the forum is looking much better. However, now that I'm home on my PC, it is too bright and starting to bother me. May sound trivial, but as many hours as some of spend on here, it is a big deal:) Also, there's still probably 5x more blank space than what my post alone is taking up.

The display is better, still some wacked things, its easier to look at without my eyes hurting me. I still hate the layout, and all the wasted space. When I'm typing this post, the smiley's on the right, some of them are so small I can't even tell what they are???

With the tweaks, the forum is looking much better. However, now that I'm home on my PC, it is too bright and starting to bother me. May sound trivial, but as many hours as some of spend on here, it is a big deal:) Also, there's still probably 5x more blank space than what my post alone is taking up.

Yup. It is better, last night it bothered my eyes within about 2 minutes, now maybe its 5 minutes and I start to squint. Still don't like it, sooooooo much wasted space. Don't like the drop down menu for site navigation. Finding your way around is much harder.

I know it's been stated, just want to give my $.02.....we went from a more "graphical" site to a very generic version. Could have been a server/bandwith issue and the old version was no longer compliant...who knows but while I can navigate it and still find all the answers I need...it's unappealing to the eye.

Only analogy I can give is that the ArboristSite went into "SafeMode"

I actually liked the light blue/gray from this afternoon much better.

It sounds like this version was designed for a Mac. I'm having none of the spacing problems so many are having troubles with.

Too much space inside, but after the posts. Bold type makes it easier to read, but I never had a problem before; contrast in the post "box" should be enough. Smiles are so small they won't be used. Rep was fun, this credit thing is a joke. I post, misspell a word, and then edit it seconds later, too make it better or easier to read, and it costs me? Why?
Seems we were running something reliable, like an old Poulan, and somebody wants to get us to use a new and better saw. Well, it ain't no 261 or 346, wouldn't even give it Wild Thing status yet. Keep trying.

FWIW I've seen a few forum migrations at different places over the years and they always entail a few teething problems, often taking a few days to a week or so to right with bits and pieces failing to migrate properly or smoothly.

Give it a few more days and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the last day or so will look a little :ahem: girly. :D

FWIW I've seen a few forum migrations at different places over the years and they always entail a few teething problems, often taking a few days to a week or so to right with bits and pieces failing to migrate properly or smoothly.

Give it a few more days and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the last day or so will look a little :ahem: girly. :D

Let's hope!

Old style.
Screenshot.png

Guess I'm being "girly", but the color scheme is stihl hard on the eyes. This whole new look is very harsh. The rest of it I'll figure out I suppose.:bang:

IMHO, the sponsor adds at the top of the screen are far and away the worst part of the site. I'm on a 20" LCD in portrait mode with a resolution of 1200x1600, and there are no threads until 4/5ths of the way down the screen, and those are all stickies! Now that's a lot of CRAP! Try using AS on a mobile device. It's pure torture:(

Let me illustrate my point. Here's AS open to the Chainsaw room on said 1200x1600 monitor in portrait mode. Nothing but stickies. Not one single regular thread.
1142148570_6ruYB-XL.jpg

Now if you think that's bad, check it out in landscape mode on a 24" widescreen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Top of page.

1142151046_MgAAJ-L.jpg

Scrolled down a full page. Even the second page has only one thread that's not a sticky. I say this is totally unacceptable. Surely something can be done.

1142150946_R4nNC-L.jpg

Guess I'm being "girly", but the color scheme is stihl hard on the eyes. This whole new look is very harsh. The rest of it I'll figure out I suppose.:bang:

Try altering the brightness and/or warmth of your display, that might help a bit.

I have to admit that the old board was really easy on the eyes and easy to read, probably the best forum I've used in that regard.

IMHO, one reason is the selection of colors. I left comment in the support forum, not that anyone cares, but the current colors look like a baby nursery. The icons along the left side are pink and baby blue, sometimes turning grey, I'm not exactly clear on the color designations. However, changing to earth tones would go a long way to helping people view stuff.

Almost all of the colors are pastels and it somehow seems as they we have awoke inside a gay lumberjack camp.

I think the earth tones would go a long way to toning down the excitement.

Latest posts

Back