What the Stihl dealer said

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well hell 2000 those so called pro's don't reply fast enuff for me, hell they no fun at all. Go getem tiger. I'm gonna sit back and drink me a ta ta and watch a bit of tv,LOL

The doo glue, Elvis tunes, smooth saw operating, and tepid Folgers have thrown them off their high chair. They are speechless, as they shoud be.:eek: The mighty, futuristic 441 has taken it's bow.:bowdown: Held it's own and cut with a legend of a saw and operator.:chainsawguy:

My :Eye: :Eye: are open to the 441.

Over hell this is just getting good. Tell me Nail when ya gonna buy some saws. I see ya list there, not bad but not enuff, stop by sometime, I'll cut a deal on a fine 441,LOLOL

I'll pass on that 441, I'm sure it's great deal, but what can you do on say an 880?

BTW, I could give your Elvis hair a run for it's money.

Last edited:
Not following you there. . .

Actually, my 350 is bored .030 over, and I'm thinking about selling it and finding me a Smoky and the Bandit Trans Am. :)

Yep, those were some sweet looking cars. My uncle had one of these in the Nascar edition.http://www.iwaynet.net/~gl&lisk/1981ta.html It blew a head gasket and he sold it cheap before calling me.:censored:

That "back room" sounds a little suspicious, I hope it only has saws.

ever see pulp fiction?

tommie is zed and you get to play ving rhames character!

lol

its the price you gotta pay for that 441!

if i still drank drew, i'd raise my glass with you.

lol.

hey OP.......what saw you going with?

ever see pulp fiction?

lol

lol.

I think when he said he would get one he wanted sooner than latter, that meant he was getting the 460. Then he watched that Tom's Gone Wild video to further reinforce his decision. Then we all started fighting, I got invited to a back room somewhere, and now we are here. I spose I should start rubbing lotion on the skin.

Last edited:
ever see pulp fiction?

lol

lol.

Zed's dead....

I think you will be happy with either one of those. I'm cutting just over the ridge from you at around 7500' and both of those saws are very common. Go by which feels better in the hand, dealer support and price. My next saw will probably be a 372 just to try it.
Dok

Aren't you happy with the MS440? ;)

Seems that 441 was right with that 046 all the way, how can that be, awwwwwwww I know what they are thinking, I fast forward when sawing with the 441,LOL

"...how can that be....." he asks.....easy.

Just a slight difference in chain sharpness...heck several possible reasons. Including operator bias, keep them close so it looks legit, then proclaim the wonders of the 441.........:censored:

Nuff on that,

Regarding what to buy....

I would urge a close look at the Dolmar 7900 in this class of saw. Were I buying another saw of the 70-80cc type that is what I'd buy of the saws on the market now.

Not a slam on the 372XP or the MS460, just another option.

The 7900 Dolmar has the best weight/hp ratio of any saw in this class, good torque to.

Well I hate pizzin matches, but I gotta step into this one.
If you're above 5000' elevation the 441 is a pure dog, period.
A couple of years ago I asked the Stihl guru's here if there was anything that could bring the 441 around at a higher elevation. No help at all. I figured those guru's were either being a$$ holes and ignoring me, or they had no idea what to do. Since everyone here are such sweet guy's, I assumed the latter.

Now 2 years later here's a thread that clearly states the fact that the 441 is a pure turd at elevation, and those who make such statements are told that they can't adjust a carb.:laugh: Fact #2. You can't wring enough out of the carb on a 441 to make it run at elevation.

It is a fact that eventually all saw's will be using the pig technology that makes up the 441, but I don't want to buy one untill I have to.
It is a fact that one day we will all die, but I don't want to do it tomorrow morning just because I'll have to someday.

I used to concider AS as a learning site, but it seems to have changed to nothing more than a BS place to have pizzing matches when someone ask a legitimate question.

The 441 may be a decent saw at sea level, I couldn't tell you. But at 9000' it sux. Get the 460!

Oh yeah,
Gooooooooooooooooooooo Stihl!!

Andy

I think you will be happy with either one of those. I'm cutting just over the ridge from you at around 7500' and both of those saws are very common. Go by which feels better in the hand, dealer support and price. My next saw will probably be a 372 just to try it.
Dok

Yeah, it is down to the 460 or 372. The 441 isn't on the table, another dealer today said that he won't recommend it for up at the lake. He didn't throw it under the bus like the other guy, but didn't heap piles of praise on it, like he did the 460. Plus IMHO, the balance if off compared to the other two. Dolmar and Jonsered, don't have any dealers close by, so not a option.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back