What Would You Pay For A "Like-New".....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aahhyes68

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
MS 261 or a MS 362 ?

There's a guy selling one of each semi local and he says they are almost showroom condition. He wants $425 for the 261 and $550 for the 362.

Is one a better deal than the other or ??? I'm NOT in a hurry for new firewood saw...but it wood be nice. :)

Buy ? Pass ??

Thanks guys. Steve

I'm not sure what he considers to be showroom, but that's less than what they seem to be going for on fleabay. Just so you know.

Both are available with M-Tronic now. I'd save my money and get the better saw and the full warranty.

I can get the M-Tronic 261 for 550$ + 6% tax.... I can get the 550XP for $550 delivered... Just hold out ??

I like that price on the 261. Id jump on it.

Fyi, mine really woke up with a touch of grinder on the muffler.

Ok. So what is "semi local" 100 miles in the truck? 200? SE MI is a large area, so I don't know exactly what you're talking about. I do know that I would NOT give up M-Tronic for $158 + truck time.

Also. What is "almost showroom" condition? I run my saws, but I don't pinch the bars and wipe of the paint. I don't shove my dirty boot into the rear handle to start it. I don't let it idle while setting on the ground. And I surely don't let them ride on the wood pile where something can shift ,break and scratch. I would consider them in showroom condition, but not new. So, I wouldn't expect anyone else to appreciate that, but I really value my saws and don't care what they're worth on the second hand market.

By the way. I traded in my used (15 tanks) MS 362 20" with double dogs to the dealer towards a MS 441 R C-M. They gave me $700 for the MS 362 and had it sold before I picked up the new one four days later. I did pay retail for the new one though.

You're too nice to your saws lol. I clean my air filters,keep the chains sharp,and keep them tuned properly and run the snot out of them everyday.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

Those aren't bad prices, but aren't good enough to keep me from buying a new one, with warranty. I would pass... unless you are in a real bind for a near new saw, and couldn't stomach your local dealer.

Those aren't bad prices, but aren't good enough to keep me from buying a new one, with warranty. I would pass... unless you are in a real bind for a near new saw, and couldn't stomach your local dealer.

His local dealer is discounting the new MS 261 C-M by over 10%, which is something any dealer I've ever talked to wouldn't do. I did get 18% off my deere though, so I don't feel too bad missing out on $50-$100 here or there.

Is the 362 the M?

No it's the "old" model. I meant to head there today but spent the day with a sick son.. Poor guy.

I should just bite the bullet and buy the new 261 M-Tronic.. In the end it will probably be about 120$ ish more in the end than the one I'm looking at..and an hour and a half closer..

Pass- there's a nice looking 362 on CL here for 400$- texted him and got pics- he is a saw guy so it has been run but it looked good- has been on CL about a month now...

Latest posts

Back