What's a fair price for a new 346 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slackerjpt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I was looking at a husky 346xp but have no idea what a fair price is for this saw. I can get great deals on Stihl as I have a relationship with the dealer due to many purchases. I am not as fortunate with the local husky dealer. I have admired the reviews and what i have read about the 346 and may be picking one up. If any dealers on line would like to sell me one, that would be nice as well. I no that many do not like to discuss price, but I really have no idea what to pay and am not looking to pay MSRP Thanks in advance everyone and take care.

Mike C

Box stores don't sell Pro model saws. Ya have to go to a real dealer.
The price is usually not negotiable...only what "freebies" they might throw in...
Like a case...a couple extra chains...gallon of bar oil...chainsaw mix...etc. is your discount..!!
(and NO you will NOT get ALL of these...!!!...LOL)
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
I ordered mine online from a very reputable dealer and paid $459, free shipping, no tax, and 1 extra free chain. Unfortunately I can not afford dealer cost and NY tax!

Yep, right around $500.
Do I hear $450 :hmm3grin2orange:

My dealer has them listed at $499, but I paid $475 + tax.
I could handle that.
Box stores don't sell Pro model saws. Ya have to go to a real dealer.
The price is usually not negotiable...only what "freebies" they might throw in...
Like a case...a couple extra chains...gallon of bar oil...chainsaw mix...etc. is your discount..!!
(and NO you will NOT get ALL of these...!!!...LOL)
:cheers:

I could use a case and a few chains, and maybe a Heineken

Psshhh.... That's only cause your dealer is hoping you give him a knife for Christmas... He's buttering you up...
:canny:
I'll give my dealer a knife if he gives me a break on price

$800 here.

No, im serious. :p
Is that because of the VAT?

I give them away every day. There is no need for people to pay for anything.

I'm curious as to why shop Hsuky when you seem to have good relationship with the Stihl guy?

I ain't a Stihl head, but that relationship with a GOOD dealer is worth more than anything.

I paid right around 475.00 for my 346, if you can get killer deals on Stihl's go look at the 261, it is a fantastic saw as well, everyone has different taste, I like my 346, but love the 261. Can't go wrong with either one, dealer relationship matters if you don't wrench on you own saws.

Here in Belgium we pay about 700 euros for a 346XP, what is about 950 USD;
and I am serious!

Latest posts

Back