Whats behind the Name

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SRT-Tech

Single Rope Technique Technician (currently a Level 1) . (SRT-tech sounds better)

:cheers:

name of my start up tree service company

my first name is a famous Irish whiskey

Same derivation as "57 Chevy".

First used it on a weightlifting forum for contrat to all the names like "PUMPINGIRON4EVAR"....

Hi, I'm Jack

Jack Of All Trades Master Of None.

But, I AM becoming a master at rationalizing the need for modding current saws and aquiring new saws.

We all have handles/nic-names etc. and most don't go by their real names here on this forum. This was asked by my wife (there's a cop-out) anyway I told her I would ask the guys and gals anyway. So fire away.

Rotax Robert

My name is the name of the stream that divides my property in 2. It also is part of my business name. :rockn:

Twenty five years ago I caught a 35" lobsta while diving. Don't know the weight as the scales only went to 20 lbs. He bottomed them out with me supporting his massive claws that didn't fit on the scale.
After all the pics were taken, I took Herman (I named him) 2 miles off shore & released him. I figured he kept a lot of lady lobstas happy through the years & should keep doing so. I've been looking for his pappy ever since then.
Al

boilerhouse47
I work in the boilerhouse (power plant) in the oldest continuously operating refinery in the world and I was hatched in 47:laugh:
Carl

lol, it only hurts a little when you know it's there!

(single phase 120/240)

Believe it or not the worst I've ever been bit was by a teensie-weensie phone line (on the ring)! I'll never forget that pain!

I got one of those phone line zaps. I was outside kneeling in the wet sand working on the phone box. Oh man that made me jump and it hurt. My buddy the phone guy told me about the ring voltage. Never knew that. I worked with lots of 480-277 over the years, don't want to do it live. 120 volts kills more people in the US than any other voltage. It's the most common. I made it to be a retired electrician by not being stupid.

Ray Cameron is my name.

My user name comes from money pit hobby of drag racing.

I usually run a BIG engine thats pretty BAD and its allways in a BOWTIE.

My current hotrod is a 1978 Z28 Camaro. Runs a pretty consistant 10.70 quarter mile @127'ish on pump gas and is still street driven on a regular basis.

EDIT... I wonder if I can stick a nitrous kit on my saw??

78z.jpg

Last edited:
I got one of those phone line zaps. I was outside kneeling in the wet sand working on the phone box. Oh man that made me jump and it hurt. My buddy the phone guy told me about the ring voltage. Never knew that. I worked with lots of 480-277 over the years, don't want to do it live. 120 volts kills more people in the US than any other voltage. It's the most common. I made it to be a retired electrician by not being stupid.

It's funny how the most innocent looking things can bite you on the a$$. The voice signal on a common phone line is only about 5 volts but the ringer voltage is over 100. You bare hand that at just the wrong time and the phone isn't the only thing with it's bell getting rung.

Joe :( :( :(

It's funny how the most innocent looking things can bite you on the a$$. The voice signal on a common phone line is only about 5 volts but the ringer voltage is over 100. You bare hand that at just the wrong time and the phone isn't the only thing with it's bell getting rung.

Joe :( :( :(

Ever been stung by an electric fence? Not the continuous ones, but the pulse type? Not sure the amps on that thing but it got me good!

OLY-JIM...nothing complicated here. I live in Olympia and my name is Jim. In retrospect, I guess I could have used a little more imagination. But...after having had a few too many frosty beverages...It kinda had a ring to me. Oh well.

Last edited:
I'll tell you the same way as my grandson tells me. I KNOW THAT.

Back