Whats behind the Name

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this totally confuses this old farm boy.How could a person that started thread be banned?Is it something in the water,per chance ?

I was kinda curious myself, I have read many of his posts and he always seemed like a real nice guy always willing to help. Seemed like he certainly was one of the more intelligent ones around here plus he has some realy cool toys. Maybe I should e-mail Darin and ask if he would re-instate Rotax Robert. Who is for that ?

CMM

Very long ago, before the Internet was known to other than very geeky students, I sat one late night with my fairly new Macintosh computer and was trying to log on to a new BBS (Bulletin Board System), not unlike AS (to it's form, if not to it's content), except for that you connected directly to the BBS with your modem. And once you were in, the BBS user limit was reached because most BBS's had only one modem... Anyhow, I was required to have a user name and I tried to figure something out. Cool of course, and easy to remember... And available...

As my thoughts wandered I realized that I had used my mac to call the BBS, put together it could be... mac-caller... or maccall... I liked the latter, and since it wasn't spelled like the family name I thought it would be more likely to be available if I wanted to use it in other places.

Somewhere in my mind I also remembered McCall as the name of a tv show from my younger days, those days when mom said I was to young to watch it, about a cool cop named McCall. This connection would provide the coolness... Later it turned out the show I was thinking about was "McCloud" with Dennis Weaver, but the pretty lady in "Hunter" had me a bit confused...

Used this nic ever since on different places.

Real name is Lars Ringh, I'm a computer technician, homeowner, throttle blipper, Stihl owner in the land of Husqvarna, and what not...

Last edited:
Real name is Lex van Kampen. Since i am a policeofficer friends call me polexie, a combination of politie and Lex. Can't help it, don't care, even a little proud of it:dizzy: :laugh:

Cisco

I'm a network engineer. Cisco is the biggest networking company in the world, I work on all their network gear. Hence the name... I'm a geek, but was farmboy first and wanted nothing more than to be a logger/lumberjack when I was a younger feller. If I hadn't seen alot of the rest of the guys I know with broken backs and broken down I prolly still woulda went that way... :cheers:

My name comes from our business name which is O's small Engine.

My last name is Oostendorp which is ridiculus to spell and or pronounce properly. Most people refered to my dad and I as Pete or Jay "O" or big and little "O" or whatever. Was kind of a joke that we wanted to start this business with no capital 15 years ago. Dad's former employer was a large hardware store and he ran their small engine division. They decided to close the doors and retire. Pops was on unemployment for a few months and we're all sitting around the table wondering what would happen.

My grandpa suggested to us that since Dad had so much experience, why didn't he open his own place. Mom chimes in and says: "oh, right and we'll call it O's"

15 years later, we're one of the largest independant power equipment dealerships in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin with the exception of the Chicago-Land area.

The rest of my name is easy.....ME LIKE DOLMAR haha. Sell em, use em, would sleep with on in the bed if the GF would let me get away with it. 2-cycle fumes are a good thing and shaking wood-chips out of your boots and shorts is my idea of heaven!

:cheers:
:greenchainsaw:

Lines

My last name is Oostendorp which is ridiculus to spell and or pronounce properly. Most people refered to my dad and I as Pete or Jay "O" or big and little "O" or whatever. Was kind of a joke that we wanted to start this business with no capital 15 years ago. Dad's former employer was a large hardware store and he ran their small engine division. They decided to close the doors and retire. Pops was on unemployment for a few months and we're all sitting around the table wondering what would happen.

My grandpa suggested to us that since Dad had so much experience, why didn't he open his own place. Mom chimes in and says: "oh, right and we'll call it O's"

15 years later, we're one of the largest independant power equipment dealerships in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin with the exception of the Chicago-Land area.

The rest of my name is easy.....ME LIKE DOLMAR haha. Sell em, use em, would sleep with on in the bed if the GF would let me get away with it. 2-cycle fumes are a good thing and shaking wood-chips out of your boots and shorts is my idea of heaven!

Yea dude, I had the 510 and 7900 next to the bed on a piece of cardboard when the wife finally popped at me a few days ago. I told it made me sleep easier to know if someone broke in they wouldn't get me saws, lmao... :cheers:

Damn women, they get so worked up, lmfao....

He or someone pulled my big head post already (commies) had something to do with it I bet. 2k hit it right on the head.:cheers: Cant even post a personal opinion without naming names now days geezzzzz. :dizzy:

so why do you keep pulling the post? another one already 2 for 2

Yesss yessss

Don't forget the 'they are for self defence, honey' angle.:)

You my friend truly have a gift for thinking and persuasion... :cheers:

Now if I could just get the credit card away from her and get her to invite a couple of her hot g-friends from the gym to come over for a slumber party... Any ideas??? :popcorn: :jester:

Must be something Dutch, Oostendorp, quite a commen name over here!!!
Great story, good luck with the company!

I just finished reading Orwells 1984, the happenings in this thread remind me much of BB.

When will the beatings begin?

Whats in room 101?

Will Johnboy ever tell Mairyellen his scecret?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back