What's on your bench? 08-25-2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my husky 350 which is waiting for a bar so i can tune it. my 660evl for cleaning and it's monthly run, s25da for it's cleaning and monthly run. and a parts 3.0cube sears that the cust bought one of my other saws instead of fixing hers.

up next possible porting(first try on a 2 stroke) and MM of my S25cv, and ordering my p&c for my PS-540 once i can find someone to unload the XL-12 to...

i always have mostly 4-stroke stuff as i'm just starting with the serious saw stuff.

Got on the 395 yesterday for a strip and detail. Clutch off awaiting a new rim and bearing. Finished stroking the chain tonight. Sharp cutters and dressed rakers ready to go.
Fall is in the air. :D Fig leaves are turning and starting to drop, and the bermuda grass creep is slowing down. I'm ready to go make some chips!

Brad, have you or anyone ever posted a "how to" on the 261 ??? I have a buddy who is thinking of doing his.

Steve

Yes. Last fall I purchased perhaps the first 261 sold in the States. I did a step by step, detailed thread on what it took to make it really run. You'll have to dig back through my old threads. If I get a chance, I'll look for it.

Well after admiring my 441 for the past 2 weeks, I finally brought my self to remove it off my toolbox lol.

As for what's on there now... I currently have one of my Stroked out 440/720 sled motors by D&D Powersports, that is getting a new top end installed for next winter. You guys think ur pistons are pricey lol, Here is my price list everything this motor is getting.

1, 2 specially Wiseco made 85mm pistons- $340
2, 2 sets of rings- $80
3, 4 O-Rings ( 2 per cylinder)- $32
4, Base Gasket- $20

That is the price of having a Big Bore sled motor lol, I don't really mind even though I mean my HP number is 150- 155 on the "race" ported motor, and the HP number for the less aggressive "trail" motor is roughly about 140-148. Both motors have there strengths and do one thing better than the other. I have no problem with controlling both of them, this is just my experience.

* 720 Race Motor- A low end monster has gobs amount of torque to spare, Power is indescribable, a little all over the place but very fun & powerful and kind of can get u in trouble when u are in the twisty trails and decide to gas it early.

* 720 Trail Motor- Not as extreme as the race ported motor, but still has a good amount of torque, Power is a lot smoother and a little more predictable but it defiantly will lose to the race ported motor in a drag but on the trails it will be equal with the race motor.

Got the new Dolmar PS-420 and Jonsered 510SP both on the bench.....debating on whether to start trying to figure out whats going on with the Jonsered or debating on if I should start putzing with the 420.......part of says leave the 420 alone...."if it works don't fix it"...the other part says more power more power! The Jonsered needs some parts that I know of for sure.......anyone have any recommendation on where to find them?

On the bench: Ms 250 C

attachment.php
View attachment 250145

attachment.php
ATTACH]

On the stand: 1980 Yammi Exciter 440

My $375 088. Waiting on PTO side bearing and center case gasket. Bearings were toast so I tore her all the way down.

46c2047b-9b6b-853d.jpg

I've still got that MS441 M-Tronic that was run over by a skid steer on my bench for this week. It needs a new case half and tank housing.
I was thinking of taking the carb apart to see what's inside. Would there be any interest if I were to start a new thread with lots of pictures?
I've also got a 460 the guy wants muffler modded.
These 2 items are what's on my bench for this week.
I've got most everything else cleared off the bench from the last couple of weeks.
Oh and a Husqvarna 1542 ridin' mower with electrical issues.

Today I was off so I cleaned up my 395xp, pulled the muffler for a quick look, and checked compression. Everything was good. At work I have a 028 Im replacing seals in, and a 011 replacing fuel lines, filter , going through carb. Also have three shelves full of saws waiting and a whole rack of trimmers also.:dizzy:

In junction,tx. Taking son to new army base in san Antonio. Just finished poulan 2000. New fuel line, filter, carbon lot and Oregon pro chain. Runs great. Have poulan super deluxe 25 on bench. Replaced fuel line and filterafter thorough cleaning. Will tryfiring when I get back. Feeling the love for the older poulans. Great designs.

Back