What's on your bench? 08-25-2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished up an M346OE. I started an NE and got it ready to go back together, when in a moment of inattention, I let the Foredom slip and grab my shirt. It snapped the shaft, tore a hole in the shirt, took out some chest hairs, and gave me a bit of a raspberry. Oh, well. I have the replacement parts ordered and they should be here Wednesday, and the NE is ready to go together when I can finish the MM.

Next up??? I think I might look around for a 346 to rebuild.

Where do I start?

My MS 270 needs a fuel line installed.

An MS 210 needs a ground, picked it up and they said it doesn't shut off. I haven't even looked it over but it was only a Jackson.

A 021 reportedly needs a recoil. Looks rough, but its all there. Freebie.

Another 021 that needs a AF cover, clutch/drum sprocket freebie.

A 039 that doesn't like to run needs some attention, probably seals. A Hamilton

MS 310 that needs the bumped up 49 mm P/C.

A MS 290 that certainly needs a piston, but may be another candidate for a BB 49mm. Freebie

A 3hp trash pump needing a motor swap, which I already own.

A Stihl Auger needs a primer bulb.

A Husky 141 just looks more pathetic every day.

Echo HC 1500
and
Echo HC 1600 I just don't ever use anymore- I have a Stihl that cuts my hedges well.

Echo Power Pruner needs recoil and a second carb cleaning....

A 5 horse tiller needs run...

A Honda XR 50 needs a carb cleaning

Honda CRF 70 F needs a carb cleaning. And a rear tube.

An 85 Ironhead Sportster XLS needs a battery and a carb cleaning.

An 83 Ironhead Sportster XLX that needs a carb cleaning and a set of points.

The Buell needs a new battery.

At least two trailers need a set of tires.

The boat needs the teleflex loosened and a battery.

Wifey's 4 Runner needs an AC system compressor evap accumualtor....

I'm PARALYZED by not being able to FINISH anything, so I don't even start one.

The only thign I can be counted on to finish, is the rest of that six pack I brought over to your house.......

IMG_0027-1.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

:laugh:

044 that was saved from a junk pile due to a broken handle, I got it on trade in a box. Piston looks perfect and it has loads of compression so I'm hopeful, big shout-out to Chainsawr they had all the used small missing pieces to get it back together and at a good price so should be a runner soon.

Tim

044.JPG

On my bench?

A Poulan Micro XXV that I got for $10 at an estate sale. Runs strong (amazing what fresh gas will do), but needs a good cleaning. I got one of the "unassembled" 390 engine blocks from Bailey's for $100. Now just waiting to stumble across a burned up 290 for cheap.

I've got a 088 on the bench now getting a full rebuild. I don't normally take rebuild jobs, but this one's a favor for my dealer.

Man, do these big ones sound good. I did open the muffler up, hoping to let it run a little cooler in the abusive hands of it's owner. This one will definitely be delivered tuned on the rich side!

A trio of MS200s now. Going to make two runners. Anyone have a new-style top-handle/trigger/carb they want to part with?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Here's the 088 I just rebuilt cutting some pencil sized wood, relatively speaking. I will be getting it in some big wood before delivering it. The cases were split, everything cleaned, a new piston installed, new seals, carb kit, muffler mod, carb de-limited.....

[video=youtube_share;EMQLlgRx1u0]http://youtu.be/EMQLlgRx1u0[/video]

Here's the 088 I just rebuilt cutting some pencil sized wood, relatively speaking. I will be getting it in some big wood before delivering it. The cases were split, everything cleaned, a new piston installed, new seals, carb kit, muffler mod, carb de-limited.....

[video=youtube_share;EMQLlgRx1u0]http://youtu.be/EMQLlgRx1u0[/video]

what part of the carb needed to be de-limited?

Received a like new Craftsman 2.0, actually a Poulan, from dealer buddy for free. Strung new rope, cleaned out old fuel and she fired right up. Needs a bar and chain to be complete. Only have a Poulan Super Deluxe 25 on the bench right now. Carb kit has been ordered and it should be finished by Tuesday, or Wednesday at the latest.

Tell us more!

don't worry about him, he's kind of strange. On my so called bench right now is an 034 in need of a P&C, an 024 in need of a carb kit, an 075 AV in need of crank seals and some snellerizing and tomorrow there will be a Mac 1-50 in need of a carb kit waiting in line.

Best Stihl for $$$

Looking for informed opinions o. Best 60 to 70cc saw Stihl makes. Will be ported right away would like to put a 20 to 28" bar on it. Already have a 441 m-Tronic and this is just to back it up. Don't want to top 900 $'s... But have a Husqavarna 570 on the bench right now, traded for it as it had many spare parts... Almost tempted to buy another to put all the good stiff that came with it on and just make this saw.... an excitement to find some boundaries...

Back