What's the best BS sales pitch you ever got from a dealer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one was on e-bay.

Well used saw was up for bid. Line says: "Never had to change the spark plug or sharpen the chain."

I almost bid on it just to find out who made the chain.

This one was on e-bay.

Well used saw was up for bid. Line says: "Never had to change the spark plug or sharpen the chain."

I almost bid on it just to find out who made the chain.

Maybe it was a PowerSharp setup?

I once had a saleswoman tell me that I should only ever expect 6 to 8 months out of any pair of work boots if I was wearing them full-time at work; that even if the outsides were still fine, the inner sole etc. would be worn out and harming my feet and back. Who here doesn't have a really old pair of boots that look like the ####ens on the outside but feel great? I know I have a couple. I told her if I could only expect that kind of lifespan out of the boots she was trying to sell me, it was no deal, period. I'm not going to go dropping $150+ on a new pair of boots if the ones I have look and feel fine, just because they're a year old or more. Good grief.

had a stihl dealer tell me he could not sell me RSC because it was too dangerous!!!!

I finally convinced him to sell it to me. Have not been back.

"What’s that old saw without any markings on it? Oh… I think it’s a 262"
:hmm3grin2orange:

local husky dealer, having only semi-pro models in stock : "why are you asking after an xp model, they are way too expensive for my customers..."

I reckon he's not gonna sell much of them...LOL

Also:

"this 25" bar will work well on your 50cc saw"

"skip tooth chain cuts well"

"this safety chain is no slower than normal chain"

"dolmars are reliable"

"16" bars are fine on top handle saws"

"modern stihls haven't dropped on quality"
Skip tooth cuts real well, Dolmar saw are very reliable. I know a lot of arborist that use 16" bars on their 200T's. And yes the quality of a modern Stihl is not what the old school Stihl saws had, yes they are faster and lighter, but the quality is not there. I don't see any BS here.

John Deere found all the weaknesses of Husky and Stihls and built "their" own saw. It's way better than a Stihl or Husky.

Me, not knowing any better, at the time, fell for it. I bought a cs46 for aout the same price as their 290 farm boss. I still have the re-branded efco, It has cot alot of wood and since been side-lined. It responded real well to the muffler mod. I found this saw to be alittle big for limbing and alittle small for cutting firewood, with any speed.

This is a professional grade saw.

What does that mean?

It has been built with professional grade components.

What components are different? Why are they better?

It's got components designed for professional saw users.

What does that mean?

Uuuuuuu....it's a better saw that'll just last longer...

An area car dealer had their push, pull, or drag, sale going on. It was well advertised. An example of a semi burnt out hulk was placed at the entrance to the lot to re-enforce the idea that any car that could be dragged in would be worth $2500 trade on anything on the lot.

I would not normally do business there but they had a used sedan I wanted to look at.This was the first free day I could get there so I stopped in. Car was nice so I made a cash offer which was 2500 dollars less than the big pink sticker in the windshield. (they raised all the prices that week on all their cars and I had seen the changes and had made note of what amounts they were raised)

The sales guy refused and said that was the price and was trade only .I said "I could bring in a hulk that would cost them money to have it removed and you guys won`t take a cash offer that was very close to the cash asking price was six days ago on this car." He said nope!:dizzy:

I then recalled why I don`t do business at these large "circus atmosphere" dealerships.

I guess I better not say what I can get a new 395XPW w/42" bar and chain for...

Out west everything is extremely price competetive on big saws because the demand for them is much greater. If i want to order a wrap handle anything from Husky it's a pain cause they always come up "not available from your warehouse" and I have to phone in and wait a week or two to get it. Since they don't stock wrap handles at their main warehouse in Charlotte.

With Stihl it's even longer cause my distributor stocks no wrap handles or conversion parts at all. 3 weeks to get a wrap handle and hardware for a a 361.

I was at the stihl dealer yesterday getting a set of larger dawgs for the ms 440. A guy was buying a farmboss and asked if he had to use stihl b/c oil. The guy that was showing him stuff on the saw said no, but it will burn up the bar and chain a lot faster. He had him talked into buying all kinds of extras for the saw. I asked for a price on a 84 dl rsc chain and it was $28.

A workmate has recently started sawing firewood, but had dulled his chain and was going to buy a new one.
I told him to go to a dealers and buy a file and guide. I would show him how to use it.
Couple of days later,he`d been to his dealers asking for the file and guide, but the bloke told him it was impossible to sharpen a chain with a file, and it would need grinding.......................which he could do.
So, the chains going to be gone for a week, and this guy charged him 2/3 of the price of a new chain.:dizzy:

On a wood splitter..."No, it's not a Honda motor. The parts inside are just like a Honda but they're a lot lighter" And..."We have a trained service man that does all the assembly but he's out sweeping the parking lot right now".

Latest posts

Back