What's the best stock chainsaw ever built?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1100, 2100, 2101 Husky
066, 044 Stihl
3100G, oh hell any 6+cube Homie or Mac.
4000 Poulan
Probably leaving out about 100 saws.

There some of the best damn saws made.

wow space for a month or two i thought you where dead

hell i think the mild thinggey is the best saw....

for dealing with the crack heads down the street and before you say another word your just going to be throwing it away or burying in a hole when you done with it anyways....:msp_biggrin:

The one that starts, runs, and cuts wood.

i think you hit the nail on the head..

Last edited:
The Stihl Lightning comes to mind, although I have never run one. Pretty revolutionary for it's time. The Mac Super Pro 125/ 101B is a real gem as well, very powerful for a one man saw. Dolmar 7900 is one saw that has the most impressive power to weight ratios that I have run. Husky372XP maybe should be mentioned as well.

The best doesn't exist...

It'd look like an SP-125, sound like a Super 250 with a free-idling flatback, run like a piped/V-12 dual carbed/alky 101 and run on water, and be as easy-handling and flickable as a 372.

200t, just 'cause it's bad as bad gets for what it is!

The 5100 has impressed me a lot so far, everything you should get from a modded saw, shipped that way from the factory!

I'll let go of my poor Husky 350 if it ever melts down, but it seems it will out live me! Starts every time, never complains, will do about anything a saw that size can be expected to do.

As for the 361/2, I'd rather carry a 440 for no more than it weighs, then I might just go ahead and get a 7900!

I will only list the saws that I have personally owned and ran myself.

1. Homelite XL-12
2. Homelite Super EZ
3. McCulloch 10-10
4. Husqvarna 242XP
5. Husqvarna 51\55
6. Husqvarna 372XP
Really liked the Husqvarna 2100 but never really had a need for it.

MINI MACS ROCK !!! :rock:

Last edited:
tell me about it!
it's a peach getting a hold of some fuel rods to power it,
i still can't figure how to keep the fuel rods temp below 5,000 Kalvin

Latest posts

Back