What's the most impressive saw you've ever run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loooooovvvvvveeeee my Homelite 550! It just gnaws up some wood and doesn't stop! View attachment 285203

-Phillip

+1 on the 550.

I haven't had it long and I can't believe how smooth it is for a 30 year old saw! Plus, it's got the power to pull a 28" bar buried in hardwood without missing a beat. This saw was ahead of its time. In power, torque, and speed, it's not all that far behind my 395 xp.
Also I was also impressed the first time I ran a 346 xp. A big surprise in a small package.

Only one can assume terry is talking about the replacement for the 372??? But I'm definately impressed with the 562xp...I now have two and of all my stihls the 562 is my go to saw daily now...

090 w/ 53" bar, hang on!!!! Just a memory now, son sold it and bought an 066. Still lovin' my 18 yo bone stock 044.

It's difficult to limit this to one saw. My 2153 is insane but if I had to choose one it would be my 288lite. I believe it is a perfect combination of speed, power, and sound note. My three new saws for 2013- I haven't laid my hands on, they were sent directly to Randy. So my favorite may very well be among them- I just havent discovered it yet.:laugh:

Last Summer I had just gotten to sleep after working a third shift and I was awakened by a tree company clearing the powerline right of way with 8 346xps all revving up and down. It sounded like a bunch of giant bumbles bees going down the road. I got up and laughed and watched them for a while and went back to bed. :) It was a cool sound too!

Last Summer I had just gotten to sleep after working a third shift and I was awakened by a tree company clearing the powerline right of way with 8 346xps all revving up and down. It sounded like a bunch of giant bumbles bees going down the road. I got up and laughed and watched them for a while and went back to bed. :) It was a cool sound too!

I miss my 346 great machines

we need a story to go along with that statement...... only reason I can think of is it must have been stolen cause nobody would get rid of one on purpose.:msp_thumbup:

Well last summer I relocated to Iowa for a job. I had a lot of money go to a lot of places and was short on rent. I went to the Fall gtg and decided if I was going to sell my saw to anyone for less than it was worth it had to be to someone who'd appreciate it. I sold the saw to a fellow member for $250 I'd had it 6 months. I cut a lot of wood with it but when you're hard up you have to make hard decisions. So I had to empty my saw department to stay warm. Getting rid of my saws at that point made me feel like I had no life. I was in a strange place with no tree's or so much as a hatchet. I've never felt worse in my life knowing I didn't have anything more than an empty living room to sit in. I grew up cutting firewood and it was therapy. Alway's got to take my frustration's out with a maul. I'd vision my step dad as the wood and swing away. I'd deal the abuse back to him in a way. Well as I got older I used to get in a lot of fight's and almost ended up in prison for a scuffle. It was clear that while on probation I needed a new hobby. So I started clearing out fence row's with my cousin (rdtreewalker) the saw's and work kept me on the straight line. I don't really have a lot of friend's and found drinking was a great way to fill the void. I quit drinking after a family tragedy started tinkering with saw's again. I'm not real religious but saw's have alway's been my devine intervention. That 346xp was the product of sobriety and concentration on a goal that I obtained. I've picked up saw's since last fall with help of some great member's on this site. But it'll be hard to replace the meaning of that 346 not the performance. I can alway's buy another one so it's not a complete loss.

I got to run a 562xp this week end at a demo days at local dealer. It is the most impressive saw that I have ran stock. I am going to run some ported saws in april. I am going to leave most of mine home so I have some time to run some ported saws At HEDGEFEST APRIL6TH 2013.[/QU

I went to the same demo day saturday. The 562xp was impressive. After I talked the owner into getting the ms 362 off the shelf for a comparison, several of us walked out with the 562xp including me. Got to run the
T540xp against the 201T as well. Have a video but dont know how to upload yet

Well last summer I relocated to Iowa for a job. I had a lot of money go to a lot of places and was short on rent. I went to the Fall gtg and decided if I was going to sell my saw to anyone for less than it was worth it had to be to someone who'd appreciate it. I sold the saw to a fellow member for $250 I'd had it 6 months. I cut a lot of wood with it but when you're hard up you have to make hard decisions. So I had to empty my saw department to stay warm. Getting rid of my saws at that point made me feel like I had no life. I was in a strange place with no tree's or so much as a hatchet. I've never felt worse in my life knowing I didn't have anything more than an empty living room to sit in. I grew up cutting firewood and it was therapy. Alway's got to take my frustration's out with a maul. I'd vision my step dad as the wood and swing away. I'd deal the abuse back to him in a way. Well as I got older I used to get in a lot of fight's and almost ended up in prison for a scuffle. It was clear that while on probation I needed a new hobby. So I started clearing out fence row's with my cousin (rdtreewalker) the saw's and work kept me on the straight line. I don't really have a lot of friend's and found drinking was a great way to fill the void. I quit drinking after a family tragedy started tinkering with saw's again. I'm not real religious but saw's have alway's been my devine intervention. That 346xp was the product of sobriety and concentration on a goal that I obtained. I've picked up saw's since last fall with help of some great member's on this site. But it'll be hard to replace the meaning of that 346 not the performance. I can alway's buy another one so it's not a complete loss.

Cool story man, glad you found your path!

I havent run that many saws yet, but for stock, my poulan s25cva never ever fails to impress me. feels like running a 50 CC saw, but it is only 38 CCs and stock. It just rips.

for strong, Josh1981s masterminded 084. Man, I want that engine on my slowped! heheheheh I wonder what it puts out for ponies, ten maybe, more, I dunno, a lot??... that thing just slap pulls..

Back