Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zogger;45372 I do not use windows myself said:
I shortened your post quite a to get to the basic idea,,..

Do you realize the AS server is running linux ??
also the hackers favorite tool is linux ??
linux was used to hack AS by the red hacker lowlife ?

I used to run linux a lot,really liked Red Hat,,,cant remember how many distros i tried.
then i learned how to use windows,,DEEP into windows,,deeper than most know the level even exists...
found i could run windows for years without a reinstall..
win 98SE for TEN years without a reinstall.( yes,had to use a backup a couple of times ) :)
win 7 four years so far,no reinstall.,no backup recovery..awsom OS when you get into it...
Just sayin not an OS out there without problems and the users cause the most.
I do find linux users to be more prepared than windows users but when Ma goes to walmart to buy a puter what you expect ??
Been in it since we used to have to write our own programs in "BASIC" !! LOL !!
and 640K was MORE the enough memory !! LOL !!

I joined this site to learn and talk chainsaws.

But right now we're gettin' a helluva compooter education instead. I'm going to get my much-more savvy wifey involved with this stuff and also our friend and neighbor that is REALLY savvy with this and see if I can get educated.

Might even be a diploma in the works.

Fish likes this.

Come on back dude. I'll throw you a cricket.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fish1.jpeg
    fish1.jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 296
Really simple. Tor a whole mess of OSs.

Install FireFox as your default browser. Install AddOn NoScript. Allow sites grudgingly.

End Of Story. You'll wonder what all the brouhaha is about with LinkBucks and such.

Lighten up a little, eh, Joe.

Noticed Fish lurking in the background. Just throwin' a sincere invite. :biggrin:

I shortened your post quite a to get to the basic idea,,..

Do you realize the AS server is running linux ??
also the hackers favorite tool is linux ??
linux was used to hack AS by the red hacker lowlife ?

I used to run linux a lot,really liked Red Hat,,,cant remember how many distros i tried.
then i learned how to use windows,,DEEP into windows,,deeper than most know the level even exists...
found i could run windows for years without a reinstall..
win 98SE for TEN years without a reinstall.( yes,had to use a backup a couple of times ) :)
win 7 four years so far,no reinstall.,no backup recovery..awsom OS when you get into it...
Just sayin not an OS out there without problems and the users cause the most.
I do find linux users to be more prepared than windows users but when Ma goes to walmart to buy a puter what you expect ??
Been in it since we used to have to write our own programs in "BASIC" !! LOL !!
and 640K was MORE the enough memory !! LOL !!

ya, I know what AS is running and I know they are running an older version of vbulletin and vBulletin had a fairly extensive sploit not too long ago and some places got nailed. the site got compromised through a vbulletin deal, a sql injection I think. (maybe not, I don't know and not my gig to know) Had not much to do with the litespeed server I don't think (still guessing).

I also know that for a short time today the site was cleaner than normal but now the redirect is back and one of them is a phishing site. And some people visiting here are gonna get hosed, if they aren't already.

Good for you making windows work, wasn't worth it for me, just got tired of it. Well, got tired of dos first, then tried windows 3.1 then 95 then 98 and that was it. NT was almost this side of tolerable. Just don't wanna no more. You can make it work but geez loweez.

The time this site has been compromised now...ain't real encouraging.

I don't know your point on linux, that some blackhats use it makes it all bad? It's a freaking tool! That's like blaming guns for criminals actions....that dog don't hunt

I don't care what granny gets on her machine from walmart, it comes with MS and various other crapware installed and goes downhill from there and I think MS has long been an outright harmful criminal corporation. deeoooojaay slap on the wrist they got wasn't enough....shoulda been broken up and some suits visit club fed..same as some bankers and other fatcats..whoops..semi offtopic

Plenty of forums out there, go ahead and recommend your favs to folks here running windows, so they can check and cleanup their machines and surf safer then. This is a chainsaw forum and all this other noise is both tedious here and counterproductive. These folks need to go to an operating system /browser forum and learn some stuff for their own personal machines. I don't go to any of those MS sites so can't recommend any.

Like..really don't want to discuss toaster and washing machine repair here. And there isn't a single 'hacked' thread, there's several of them, maybe every subforum is running one, ain't looked at all of them but several.. Repeating the same stuff.

no fun no mo...worse than oil threads...can't help but looking, like an accident scene...uggg

I have almost lost it. This site as been so dysfunctional for me the last few days that i'm almost ready to move over to $&@"€£¥•. I am tired of it. At the beginning i refused to move away from AS but now it almost seems it's the only option. Tapatalk is my only functional option but it is a pain in the ass compared to my computer. Dammit administrators please don't ban me but please if it takes even a month of AS being shut down just do it. I can take it. I have seen this Stupid ####### take sites over before and it was a long recovery but it was fixed with a shut down. I just need a functional site again. This has been brutal. Logging in not knowing what to expect. I love this site and i promise i will return. Seems to be getting worse. I am out for the time being. I am sitting here beside my computer on my phone because the computer isn't working all that great. Needless to say this phone is really driving me nuts. You people are great but this site (currently) isn't.

Dude you need to listen to others. the NO scripts is working. Just do it already.

No one is forcing you to come here. It's a privilege, not a right. They're working their butts off to make it right, and guys still go off on them. Do you think they're enjoying this? This site actually generates income. They're certainly not doing this for the fun of it.

I am looking forward to the site getting back to normal. The AS site is a wealth of information and I am sure they are doing what they can to get it up and running.
You only have to type a chainsaw question into google to see how valuable this site is. Just have to be patient and let them work at their own pace to get it up and running again. Must be a lot of stress having to deal with this situation.

I am more than happy to wait to be able to get back to talking about chainsaws on AS.

Don't get me wrong. I'm as anxious as anyone to see the problems go away. I also work as a software engineer. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with a bug on the code. One simple character out of place is all it takes to break it. I don't envy the guys workingthis. I'm sure they're all bald by now, having pulled out all of their hair!

I haven't been able to get here for days. Now I've given up on Microsoft Windows and Firefox and their add-ons, that computer don't work at all now!
Thanks to friendly neighbors, I have a Mac computer now and I got here with NO problem!
I wonder if my old computer quit because of virus from this site or from Firefox add-ons or????????:bang:

I use Fire Fox with the No Script add-on and I've never seen Linkbucks (What does it look like and how do you get there?"

I've been on here every day.

I had to jump through a few hoops some days to get here.

I seriously doubt it. None of my PCs are having issues. I've been on the site whenever it was available, both with and without Javascript enabled. The forwarding links have done nothing to my PCs.

You're an IT guy though aren't you Brad? Us Luddites are really struggling!

Back