Whats your best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MS250 gets 90% of my useage and I really like it, but I still love to use my old 041AV. With that little 16" bar, it's a wood-eatin' fool and just about unstoppable, tho it does get heavy after a while. Someday I'll have an MS361, then it will be my favorite! :hmm3grin2orange:

(in WWE announcer voice)

The threeeee siiiixty oooooone!!!

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding...

Mostly my 361... but lately for limbing and ground clearing... my MS200 (I actually used it all day yesterday and didn't wake up in the midde of the night with carpel tunnel!!!);

I'm kinda with Lake on this one, I like my top handle baby brother to the 200T, the 192T.

Certainly as a new owner, the 361 handles the big chores in a way I was unfamiliar, but the 192T is something special.

Maybe a light saber would be a little more fun. :hmm3grin2orange:

Only one?

That would have to be my 044. That saw has made me thousands of dollars, and the memories of the time behind the handle on that saw are priceless!

That Honor goes to the first saw I ever used...

1978 Homelite XL.
Needs a new gas tank after hundreds of tankfulls have gone through it..but it is always that saw I can go to, and know it wont let me down.

Then, Id have to go with the Tanaka ECS415. IT pulls real easy, and sounds like a monster. Not too heavy, with a mess of power.

After that, the Pair of Mac PM 610's. Big old nasty Heavy saws...not alot of chain speed, but you just try and stop that chain!

Then, the Wild Thing gets gets the nod.

And so on, down the line.

Can't have just one

My new 361 with (believe it or not) the RSC3 low vib chain, and the ms 200t.
The saw that I grab the most though is the 180.:laugh:
the 026 is a lot of fun with a muffler mode though..:D

Its got to be my 372, its the perfect size and power saw, from cutting brush, to limbing, to felling all but the largest of stems. The ms 200 is close second though.

Another vote for the ms440 here. It just feels good in the wood:hmm3grin2orange: And thanks to the brain trust here and the arborist site archives it will never die.

I'd have to say my Jonsered 525. I bought it new in '84 and I still love it.

(Though I do love my new 460!)

DSC004403.jpg

Bad Boy

Dang, that's a purty saw! I see you got the conneticut dawg option :D, those weren't available when I got mine :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

attachment.php

:hmm3grin2orange:

Pretty saw. I can tell that saw has not been square blocking out any monkey puzzle. My 371 and 395 were never pretty again after all the pitch from the last couple trees. Makes pine and fir seem inert. Didn't clean it off immediately, and now it seems like the stuff is on there forever.

I gotta give Kudos to the 7900.
Really good power to weight. 6.3 HP!!! nice ergonomics and starts and runs well too.
And it takes the same bars as Husky too, so overall a great saw.

But I use the 357xp more than any other. Lighter, pulls a 20" bar well, and nice antivibe, and the husky filtration.

Back