Whats your best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 372xp would stay if I could only have one.
The others I have are ms250,ms290,357xp, and until recently had a 365 and 353. The 372 is the clear winner from this group!!

My stihl 460 mag. More power than the 044 and doesn't freeze in the winter. Kinda heavy for limbing, but makes alot of firewood or stumps fast.

One of my three 695 Shindaiwas - I am sure it will be the 'race saw' with the 2 piece head and pipe when I finish it.

Hey Ro, thanks for starting this thread. It got me thinking of all the really good saws I have run and some not so good ones also. The saws I have are all modded, so no stockers for me.
I like the 046 for a good balance between power and weight but then the 281/288 was good there also. The 346 Husky is just a blast and light also. I have an old P-42 that is a surprise to anyone that runs it. Have you ever run a Solo 603? WOW! I have several 2100s and they are good too. I should mention the older 020 Stihls, Handy. Those old 302 Echos were good machines. Nothing wrong with the 272 or even the 372 Huskys. Cranking up one of the old 090s is fun but I can't really say it's my favorite. The 056 series Stihls were some good machinery but a little heavy by todays standards. I would not be afraid to tackle woods jobs with a Dolmar 120 super.
I guess when it is all boiled down and I could have only one saw, it would have to be the 066 series Stihls. Yes, a little heavy but can do most any job. They last and parts are easy to get. They flat get the job done. Mike

Last edited:

My best saw would be my stihl 440 I use it for everything, use it the most for felling. My second saw would be the 460, use it for felling too. 3rd would be my 280.:rock:

Husky 395. Used to be Husky 288. I still have it even though its not running right. Don't think I'll ever get rid of that old 288.

Mostly my 361... but lately for limbing and ground clearing... my MS200 (I actually used it all day yesterday and didn't wake up in the midde of the night with carpel tunnel!!!); but last week it was my 066.... and...

GET REAL - YOU NEED THEM ALL!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and more....

Favorite biggie, mac125sp, favorite small saw mac10-10 early, favorite all-around go to saw, 056magII. I've got lots of oldie but goodies and enjoy using all of them, but these seem to be used in their size ranges the most.

Back