What's your opinion?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No dolmar's listed yet? I believe that the bang for your buck award goes to the 359. But let's spice things up here.

If you could only run a 20 inch set up and were going to cut firewood what would you grab with a budget of $350?

If you could only run a 20 inch set up and were going to cut firewood what would you grab with a budget of $350?

Id grab me a good old Husky 257 ....... and go drop some trees !!

Don't need a budget, just grab my Dad's 029 on the west side, my father n law's 041 on the east side, or spend the $350, and get my 385 ported, and buy a 20" bar and a 10 tooth driver. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Edit... Sorry, got carried away, this is a 60cc thread, my apologies. ;)

For a 60cc saw the MS362 is all I have ever run so I have nothing to compare it to.

As for question #2 I'd get a clean, used 026 and have it ported!

No dolmar's listed yet? I believe that the bang for your buck award goes to the 359. But let's spice things up here.

5100S... Good speed, and great "bounce" factor, inboard clutch...
Will also oil a 20" bar...

Maine woods is right on. The NE 346 acts like a 60cc saw and is sooo lite and smooooth. Its becoming my all purpose firewood saw. Although having the 7900 and 372 in the hole is a must for the occasional big stuff

OK! So I'm old and don't have a lot of 60cc saws laying around. What I do have is a John Deere Q600F that I have had for 25 years that starts on the first pull and will stand up for it's self against most new saws. Went to get a picture of the old girl and I don't have one, fine saw though.

Latest posts

Back