What's your opinion?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fed Ex dropped this off today

This thing rips, tons of torque and nice power to weight ratio, cuts like a 70cc, but feels like a 50.

Nice 036!! I'm sure the Chimp did an awesome job.
My plan is to keep all the saws I have, and get them all ported, except the one 036, will send it down the road. My main 4 will be on the To Do List by May 17th (GTG).

That's a beauty Greyfox. Congrats!

There is a 266 by my for $200? If anyone has love for it. Just throwing it out there. I am not interested. Also has an 064? IIRC.

Seems like the 262 and 266 get a lot of love here. Just throwing it out there

Well fellas don't laugh but my hats of to my PM55. It handed my 550xp its azz by 3 seconds in a 15'' pc of wood over and over. Snelling ran the two back to back over and over at the poulan gtg with my son Bradley timing them each time. For a 40 year old saw that is pretty impressive. I know the AV is not there but it still gets my respect.

As for todays saws I am still waiting on getting a 562 to try out...and may just wait for the 572.

now my homelite 360 is my favorite, I know slowest one put up here yet........ i win at being the slowest yay :)
but it has alot of sweet torque!

No dolmar's listed yet? I believe that the bang for your buck award goes to the 359. But let's spice things up here.

If you could only run a 20 inch set up and were going to cut firewood what would you grab with a budget of $350?

The 116si is a real sweet 60cc. same weight as the 120si, but with that long stroke/small bore it is quite the torqer.

Put a 52mm in place of the stock 46mm on one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,76+cc!

Yes 116/120si are pretty robust saws even by todays standards.

Left my 262xp in England, looks like it's coming out of retirement when I can get it back here

Sent from my GT-I9210T

now my homelite 360 is my favorite, I know slowest one put up here yet........ i win at being the slowest yay :)
but it has alot of sweet torque!

Well don't feel bad, I really like my Remington pl-4 and the poulan 306. Both of these saws won't win any races either but they were great firewood saws back in the day and with all due respect still are but the AV thing just is not there.

OK...that makes it a 60cc:cool:

I did one of these conversions recently but based on the Rancher 61. It is complete with the larger carb, lowered squish, and a mm....he loves it...it did cut well.

YUP! same wit my 76+cc 116si.

Didn't even need a bigger carb, but gettin' the manifold worked out was a pain!

I know that now we're talking modified saws that really are in the 70+ cc range. But I'm surprised that nobody has chimed in about the Dolmar/Makita 6400 series of saws. I've never ran one, but my Dolmar dealer tells me that they can solve world hunger and end the middle east conflict. It's also another saw that can be blown out much bigger than it's original 60 something cc's.

Back