Echo 620 or Dolmar 6100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the d or dd driver to tune the 6100? Is it the same for the 7910 and such? Does anyone have a picture of what the end looks like and where would I get one if I went with the dolmar?

"Been looking into these two saws for a good time now. Which do you recommend and why? I like to run a 24" bar"
Echo 620 vs Dolmar 6100

For my purposes 6100. If you wanted the metal clutch cover and the ability to have something to attach another bucking spike to or properly clamp the bar that would be think Echo. Firstly it would be inboard clutch vs outboard clutch. The dolmar can run 7 and 8 tooth in 0.325 the echo 9 only. Folks (who type more anyway) here seem 3/8 only for 60cc. Is the Echo strato with a carb and a separate air only device? That could be the big one for some folks. The bar has been discussed prior. I do not think either has a filled crank, I would factor that in. I kind of like the reed valve idea that being dolmar.
Like previously stated goofy spike there is an European version in the parts sheet.
It looked like a pound and a half difference in those pictures with the scale.

Fran

I love my 60cc poulans but have 4 now and would like to have a different saw to run sometimes and the wife is offering to buy my a new saw for my bday and these two big names are out of her price range lol.

Well heck yeah, cant pass that up. :bowdown::clap::happybanana::cheers:

The other day while at a dealer buying a echo 280 power broom set up. I got to check out a 620. Looked nice. Was sold out of 6100 so no side by side comparison.
The 620 was in the 5's cant remember where.
The 562 at my local is 660 with 20". I know I can get it in the higher 5's too at a dealer ;).
Heck might look at a jonsered 2260 in small mount too. = 560xp

I been fighting the urge to get a 2188 or 390 and selling off all my big poulans and parts myself. Just sold a 83cc cylinder and crankshaft to a guy needing stuff for rebuild.

pwildthing505 016.JPG

So can anyone provide a link for the double D carb adjusting tool for the dolmar? I have had no luck finding one.

Pretty sure I have the DD John. Now that micro D is one I need to get for these new echos for down the road.

There was a T-2 NE 362 in the 5's yesterday for sale like new looking still. ;) One of my mods had it for sale in KY.

Although heavy a 6100 is probably king of ported 60cc saws,turd in Stock form but a animal ported.
I have a new 362 here that is very light but haven't ported it yet.

i suspect the 6100 would be a real barn burner ported-- i think a pretty serious carb re-work is in order for a really serious ported saw-- thats why i'm keeping my 6100 stock. im not that serious-- a muffler mod along with the basic stuff is about as far as i want to go--

and the 6100 has exceptional fuel economy and power -- i figure more power from carb mods and porting will make more power = burning more fuel.

the 620 has a standard size clutch rim and a 009 large husky bar mount -- i think the 620 can be seriously ported without re-drilling jet holes in the carb--

OEM power for the 6100 is 4.6HP and 4.5 on the 620. since i haven't run a stock 620 i can't tell ya how a stock one runs --

my 620 came with that reverse deflector in the muffler so it is rather restricted out of the box-- of course i am busy cutting up the muffler right now--

there are some threads on porting the 6100 . the 6100 is such a well tuned saw stock , i suspect it takes a bit more effort to get more out of it than the 620 , although it might make more power if their equally modded--

both are great saws-- i wasn't really looking to buy a 6100 --but such a great deal came along i couldn't pass it up--

my guess would be if you want to do your own mild tune up a 620 might be better-- but if you gonna have a 'pro" port it and set it up-- probably the 6100

but that is just me and i ain't taking the thing to the nationals-- just a little more grunt to power through those knots is all i am after.

as far as weight i can't tell much from running one of the other-- if you have run 372s or 440s much they seem light enough.

i think weight is 'overplayed" anyway --

I don't see the plastic clutch cover as a negative. The 6100 with a gutted muffler is an excellent easy to start saw but the size and weight seemed closer to my 365xt than my 2260 Jonsered. Just my subjective opinion.

The saw in the video is ported with a stock carb and is very strong,strongest ported 60cc period.

Carb work is not needed

John the lightest new saw is the Type 2 NE 362. Not the ole pig 362. ;)

It's lighter then the 562.

View attachment 562818 View attachment 562819
Hey JJ, was that the earlier 562, the newest revision is substantially heavier.
The old 362 was a turd hence the 361 becoming a legend, but the newest ones are great I've heard from buddies who own them.
OP did you make a decision yet.
I agree with @CR888 that the 555 is a fun saw, one of my favorites, I run it with a 66dl 3/8 B&C.
That being said I wouldn't run a 24 on a 60cc saw cutting hardwood unless it was ported.
I would get a lightweight(stihl is the lightest pretty sure) bar for one of the saws you have and fill the tank half full of fuel ;).

The new 362 is a great saw
That's what I have heard as well just haven't ran one yet.
The early model I had I got for a very good price and it was very tempting to keep it for that reason and it was like new, but even so I let it go quite quickly.
I've had ms310's that were close stock for stock lol.

Latest posts

Back