Stihl saw opinion for wallenstein processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weesa20

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the best saw to run on my wallenstein wp835 wood processor with saw pivot. Saw connects to the saw pivot via the bar studs so I think one important aspect is strength of the case at the bar studs, so all plastic cased saws are out in my opinion, although I used a ms290 in a pinch and it did fine. Will be runnin one 20" and one 25-28" bar setup, so 60cc or bigger. Saw can be of any generation, but I am leaning towards a m tronic saw for (hopefully) less fumes. Must be Stihl.

Have a 038S I could build. Currently running a ms361 but it is my favorite saw so I don't to abuse it any more and it won't pull/oil a 28" bar.

Budget is whatever but obviously less is better.

Thanks for any thoughts/ opinions.

Weesa

I have a customer that runs a 441 on his and really likes how it performs. His setup is with a 20" B&C with 0 issues thus far. He get his wood by the trailer load so the sizes are pretty consistent.

If you want an m-tronic saw that'll pull a 28" bar there aren't many options. 661 is the one I'd want. Not cheap, though.

Back