Which 60cc do you like??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mastermind 261, yeah, I know...

Quite partial to my 262xp too

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

The best is hard for me to choose. When cutting small limbs I love my 562 and 262. When getting into 15-20 inch limbs I like my 6400 and 262 I can push a little harder with them. But timed cuts have shown my 562 is quicker. As far as bucket work 562 and 262 are my favorite when blocking down. My 036 hasn't been used in months.

Haven't even laid eyes on it yet, but my bet is on the 61 cc Dolmar I'm going to pick up from Steve later this month. I love stratos.
Safe bet, or what? :cool:
It is a very different type of strato system.

Just experience with 2 60cc saws. MS361 and 365 Special. Power of the 365 Special is nice, light weight of the MS361 wins for me. Gave up the 50cc MS270 as the mid size saw and went MS361 for 1-2lb difference.

My Favorites....

1. 6000i Dolmar- tons of bottom end tourqe and good al around saw. Feller/limber. Little heave but fun to run!!

2. 257 Husky with Ported 262 top end. A real screamer and fun to run!! Ya the 257 badges are still on it...Stealth

3. 590 Echo Timberwolf, Ported. This is an amazing saw for the money...and FUN!!

4. MS360 Pro Stihl, Ported. Thinks it's a 044!!! Likes to get off the pourch and run with the Big Dogs!!

365 Ported Husky like Brad....but thats in a different catagory....a real tree killer!!!

These saws all run a 24" bar and skip chain!!!

A 70cc saw is nice, but a ported light weight, nimble 60cc saw almost as power full is nicer.:D

IM expecting that the new Dolmar 6100 will cause a shift in the 60cc buying trend. It comes in at a great price, and Mastermind's first attempt showed that it has great potential. It was only a second off of the 562 and Randy said it had some real torque.

Indeed, the best 60cc saw is a 70cc saw.

I agree!! I had an Efco 156 in Cub Cadet yellow and it was a good saw. But it never got used. Now that I have a 346, my 2065 is getting the same treatment.

Latest posts

Back