Which 60cc do you like??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ported 036 pound for pound is the best saw I've run to date, I just got a 560xp and gutted the muffler and I was pleasently surprised, so much that I don't think it needs to be ported.

It is a very different type of strato system.

With the recent discussions here of the Dolmar 6100, I fully appreciate that. In fact, as I stated much earlier, its strato system resembles an early RedMax strato setup, with the reed valves. Absolutely not a problem to me. Q:does it work? A:affirmative. Next question!

Wide, flat torque curve a large plus!

All I care about is that it's a mechanically robust saw, that runs clean without a catalyst and reduces unburnt fuel going out the pipe. Not to mention cost-efficient. When Steve (user 166) told me at Spike60's GTG last Oct. that Dolmar was going into production with a strato saw, he got my sustained attention.
So, I'm building a backlog of work for it when I bring it home. :chop:

I still long for my 262xp that I sold..... Replaced it with a 357xp, smoother running but just don't have the juice the 262 has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A ported 362xp is a fun saw just a smidgen heavy. I'm partial to the Ms 361. Can't say that it performs the best or handles miles ahead of anything else. Just never been disappointed when I picked one up.

With the recent discussions here of the Dolmar 6100, I fully appreciate that. In fact, as I stated much earlier, its strato system resembles an early RedMax strato setup, with the reed valves. Absolutely not a problem to me. Q:does it work? A:affirmative. Next question!

Wide, flat torque curve a large plus!

All I care about is that it's a mechanically robust saw, that runs clean without a catalyst and reduces unburnt fuel going out the pipe. Not to mention cost-efficient. When Steve (user 166) told me at Spike60's GTG last Oct. that Dolmar was going into production with a strato saw, he got my sustained attention.
So, I'm building a backlog of work for it when I bring it home. :chop:
It will be interesting to hear what you think of it compared to other saws with piston ported strato systems.

It will be interesting to hear what you think of it compared to other saws with piston ported strato systems.

Problem with that- I'll probably like them all, me being an air-breather, of air they leave breathable. No favorite child, you know, but I really love that little RedMax.

If you're passing by (I-95 corridor) in May/June/beyond you're welcome to visit & make your own judgment. PM me, and I'll keep a few sticks of ash/cherry handy. And sharp chains.

Get the 357xp ported. You will not be disappointed!
Or just get a saw that has some balls to start with. Why buy a 700 saw and then have to have it modified to run like a saw it replaced? Don't make much sense

Old standby is 036 stihl. Good ballance and weight for the ample power on a 20" bar. Ported they are even better. Really liking the 6100 reviews but haven't got the cash to float a saw I don't really need. Wide torque band is a huge plus to drag a 24" chain through hard woods.

My 350 is muh favorite!
yjane2a4.jpg

Cheaper to modify the balls than to replace with brand new balls. :D

I actually like the 357xp in stock form, but they do take very well to porting.
I don't care much for the 357, sold it less than six months, liked the 036 and 262 better. Cheaper to buy the right saw in the first place is my point.

Latest posts

Back