Which 60cc do you like??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have similiar problems with the 555 that the 562xp's sometimes exhibit?Not trying to bash the 562 here at all. That 555 just seems to be a winner even though the specs might say different. I can say I have ran a 361 extensively but not much else in pro class 60cc.

Anybody have similiar problems with the 555 that the 562xp's sometimes exhibit?Not trying to bash the 562 here at all. That 555 just seems to be a winner even though the specs might say different. I can say I have ran a 361 extensively but not much else in pro class 60cc.
My brother has a 555 and no trouble with it. It runs very well and cuts fast and strong.

That "cult" fallowing is why I was on the hunt for one. After finally giving up looking, one fell into my lap.
A very nice one just fell into my lap, and I wasn't even looking for it!:D

I still haven't had a chance to cut any wood with it...:(

I've only heard one 555 with the warm/hot start issue, but at the same time there have been many many more 562s' sold. I would NOT hesitate to buy either saw!

Power to weight ratio, the 562xp....But also I've recently become fond of the 362cm..Ive never liked the standard ms362 though. But the cm version changed my opinion about it altogether. I've had trouble with the 562 and zero trouble with any mtronic saws. So when time is money, I need to take everything into consideration. The 362cm probably gets my vote. Its more snappy and spools up like the 562 and it seems to be a good runner. No hesitation, no warm start issues. Just get the job done goodness...

As an out of the box, lightweight, super fast hot rod the 562xp has no competition. However as an all around firewood cutting, tough as nails, starts every time saw with a ton of hop up potential my 600p is irreplaceable to me!

I really like the power to weight of a ported 034 super. Gotta tell ya though, I used to have an 039 that I sent to walker saw shop, now that thing was impressive! It would noodle with a 36" bar, just wouldn't oil it .

Now that it seems to be done misbehaving, I find myself reaching for my 562 almost as much as I used to reach for my dearly departed 346... I guess it all depends on how you want to use the saw however. A friend has one of the Efco (John Deere paint) 62cc saws and it's a scream to use as well. I've been able to play with a few 361's/2's and like the 361 better (except for the C-M 362)... I think more than anything it comes down to two things: how you run your saw and the aforementioned chassis size/weight. If you're the type who digs the dogs in and want to cam it over like a 4' cheater pipe, you'll probably be happier with a MS361/2, 365 Husky or Dolmar 6100/6400. If you prefer to let the saw do the cutting and just enjoy the responsiveness/ride, the the 555/562/2260 (and the J-Red version of the 555) and the 590/600p Echo would probably get the nod as they are lighter, more responsive and have a healthy top-end. The chassis weight is the other deal-breaker for me. Having a 372 which is similar in weight to a 361/2 makes me not want one, not that there's anything wrong with them. I just don't see any point to hoisting the same weight for less performance. Why run a 305 when you can run a 350? For 60-70% of my firewood needs, my 562 is perfect, (although I would seriously consider a 362c-m as a one-saw plan for the add'l torque). Being that I'm blessed with more desire than sense, (and having 50 and 70cc saws already) I wanted a 60cc saw that weighed and handled like a 60cc saw. Otherwise, any of the ones already mentioned would be viable candidates. Hell my Dad's old 039 with a simple MM and re-tune put A LOT of Hedge, Locust and other hard wood on the ground in the decade plus that we had it and ran like a champ with it's 20" (full comp) bar buried in Hedge the day it burned up (truck fire)... That clamshell had guts.

I do think that the A/V is MUCH better on the Husky/J-red saw(s) than the Stihl counterparts and all kidding and macho B.S. aside, after a day of cutting it adds up. That feeling in your hands like your still running the saw long after you're done is temporary nerve damage, which over time translates to permanent damage. I love playing Guitar too much to want to give that up. So once again Don and Matt, I have to thank you for suggesting the 562 to me. It's a keeper. Now it may have to go to TN to unlock the rest of the potential out of it and then Matt we'll have our re-match. It also needs a 550 (or J-red cousin) to keep it company, now that the appropriate 346xp mourning period has expired...

Andy whats funny is everyone hates Echo and thinks they're junk but you never hear the owners complaining about them. I really like my 355T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like my 360T (after i tweaked it a lot) and I am hoping to add a 355T to the climb saw collection so i can sell the 338XPTNE. I really liked my 600P when i had it. Excellent build quality, super reliable and cut very well. I have never had a single problem with any Echo gear i have ever owned or used.

562xp is the strongest 60 cc I ever ran

I would have to agree with that. We are talking stock of course!! ;) I remember a ported MS360 i was forced to use that was a little beast of a saw.
I enjoyed the 365 special and my newer 365 XT, but after having run the 562XP now for a few weeks, i still can't wipe the grin from my face. :) Plus it feels much better balanced and is smoother and lighter than the 365. My new fav saw. Yes i have decided to keep it... damn CAD ..... must resist.... Better edit my sig cus it's a keeper! :bowdown:

Tough to beat a 262XP with an 18" bar on it. I've ran a lot of saws over the years, and few saws possess the broad power curve and strong top end power of the 262XP. No wonder it has such a good reputation.

The biggest problem these days is finding one that isn't "beat".

I've ran the 359 as well, and wasn't overly impressed with it, seemed to have plenty of power, but not as broad of a torque curve as my 262XP.

I suppose when you start porting and modding them everything changes in that arena, but I've only compared stock saws, and don't get much into porting work saws, as I try to outfit my line-up with stock saws that are at the top of the pile for power/weight ratio right to start with.

There are a few real "sleepers" out there, the Echo CS-510/520's are among them. A simple muffler mod and tweak the carb and you've got yourself a STRONG running 50cc saw. At some point I'd like to apply the same thing to one of their newer 600's, if one ever falls in my lap.........Cliff

I do think that the A/V is MUCH better on the Husky/J-red saw(s) than the Stihl counterparts and all kidding and macho B.S. aside, after a day of cutting it adds up. That feeling in your hands like your still running the saw long after you're done is temporary nerve damage, which over time translates to permanent damage. I love playing Guitar too much to want to give that up. So once again Don and Matt, I have to thank you for suggesting the 562 to me. It's a keeper. Now it may have to go to TN to unlock the rest of the potential out of it and then Matt we'll have our re-match. It also needs a 550 (or J-red cousin) to keep it company, now that the appropriate 346xp mourning period has expired...[/QUOTE]

That was my main issue with most of the 2 series saws was the transmitted vibs, while not bad the 262 after about 4 hours would give you that tingly feeling. Not good in my eyes. They are a great saw with a cult following but there is better out there now. One of the few saws we had blow up on us was the 262, been quite a while ago but it was basically junk, piston or rod broke. I really wish someone could figure out how to mod a muffler and still keep it kind of quiet, I do agree it gets old after even a few hours let alone day after day. CJ

A few comments on the 362 C-M.

1) Love the performance, and controls are simpler than on the Husky saws (start position replaces choke, half choke and purge bubble).

2) The AV is great, I never feel like I am still using it after I put it down. It is a very smooth saw.

3) The weight difference between it and a 562 is minimal. The published weight of a 562 is a little optimistic, the actual weight is 12.8 lbs. The 362 C-M is 13 lbs, you will not feel the difference. I have seen one on the scale (dry powerhead) at 13 lbs. Another person posted one at 13.2, but that had dual dogs & chain catcher added. An outside dog alone is 2.25 oz, and the 5 mm bolts/nut are 1/4 oz each = 2.75 oz for outside dog alone. Don't know what the chain catcher weighs, but likely that is the difference.

IMHO, the 562 and 362 C-M are the two best saws in the category, and the difference between them is personal preference. That said, they are also the two most expensive, so what you choose may depend on your needs and your wallet. It is obvious from all the posts there are a number of very good saws in this category.

My advice would be to try to handle (or better yet cut) with as many as you can, and see what you like. Not every person will choose the same saw.

Latest posts

Back