Which 60cc do you like??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Ok fellas, with out turning this into a Stihl vs Husqvarna vs Dolmar vs .......... which 60cc saw to you love, gotta have, would trade your ________ for? I have a 362xp, it ran ok, not great but ok. It sports a 52mm BB kit now. I just got my hands on a 262xp. Ive read that it will straight up spank the 362xp. Ive run quite a few 562xp's there a BLAST. My Uncle (MustangMike) has gotten his hands on a MS362cm, he loves it and I can't wait to run it. Im biased to my beloved Husqvarna's but I can admit that stihl makes a good product. Ive run a few makita/dolmar 6401's there MEAN saws too. How do you guys think the 036, 360, 361, 362's stack up are the Older saws just as good, or has the new technology made the old dogs obsolete?? I got my 262xp scored, acid cleaned her up and a piston is on the way. But it only had dual transfers, not quad. And does the added torque of the strato's really? really? give them that big of a edge?? So what say you fellas? If I knew how to make it a poll Id list them all, but tell me........whats your favorite 60cc class saw?

my favorite 60cc has been my nos ported 359 with Walbro carb and muff mod. I had 2 and traded one to Mastermind for the 272xp he had listed a while ago. I had a ported 562xpw for a week and it wasnt for me. Recently got the opportunity to purchase a minty 262xp and have it in the shop being ported right now. I was told the 262xp has a "cult following". Im sure it wont be a disappointment. Randy mentioned "finger ports" so........:rock:

Haven't even laid eyes on it yet, but my bet is on the 61 cc Dolmar I'm going to pick up from Steve later this month. I love stratos.
Safe bet, or what? :cool:

Randy says a ported 262 is his strongest 60cc saw. I don't think a stock 262 will spank a 362xp, but it will be very close with a 20" bar. I would think the 362 would be a little faster with a 24" bar than a stock 262.

The 6401 and 362xp are the smaller bore option for a 70cc chassis. They were built to hit a price point at the expense of power. I will say that a 6401 is a strong 65cc saw. But just knowing how much better it can be with a 79cc top end makes it much less attractive to me.

my 2159 so far :) , then my 360 homelite, then my 3.7 craftsman poulan, my two yellow bricks 650 PM and 610.... the 650 is noticably stronger

the first three are the only ones I enjoy running.... maybe the 650 PM

te9u7e2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil I think the reason I don't remember the 362xp as being all too strong is that my Pops ms460 and Uncles 044 were the other two saws making firewood that season, so compared to them, well..........

My favorite? I currently own only two 60cc "runners". A 262xp and a 359. The 262xp is my favorite of the two, but I use the 359 more, although admittedly I generally prefer a 70cc over the 60. I guess I'm "saving" the 262xP.

While there are several other saws ahead of the 60cc class on my 'want list', I'd like to have a ported 2260 Jonsered.

In a world where I could afford to have nearly everything, I'd own a ported 034 Super, and a New Ms361, in addition to my overall 3rd pick, a ported 2159.

To clarify:
1) 262xp
2) ported 2260
3) ported 2159
4) ported 034s
5) ms361

Personally no 60cc saw has ever impressed me all that much. I've ran a few 359's that were really strong, and a couple 357's. The ms362 and 562xp are about the same stock, but have heard of some stupid strong ported 562's. And you know it's coming, the best 60cc saw for the money is the Echo cs-590 + a MM.

Personally no 60cc saw has ever impressed me all that much. I've ran a few 359's that were really strong, and a couple 357's. The ms362 and 562xp are about the same stock, but have heard of some stupid strong ported 562's. And you know it's coming, the best 60cc saw for the money is the Echo cs-590 + a MM.
the cs600/590 are alright saws, seen some hotrodded ones run pretty strong...... good for the price :)
not really impressed with there next two bigger saws...

Andy whats funny is everyone hates Echo and thinks they're junk but you never hear the owners complaining about them. I really like my 355T

The more I'm around Echo products the more I like them. Mostly do to the simplicity of design, and yes some run pretty good to.

the cs600/590 are alright saws, seen some hotrodded ones run pretty strong...... good for the price :)
not really impressed with there next two bigger saws...

No not all that great when it comes to power. Now a few of the older large Echo's s ran quite well.

Back