Which is the best pro saw of each brand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't say power to weight ratio isn't important..... but really..... most loggers on this coast would laugh you off the landing if you told them.... "Oh golly.... my poor widdle arms are sore.... can somebody help me with this 60cc saw that is a third of a pound heavier than the one I'm used to??" Give me an effen break..... and so far as ignorant, you sound like an expert in the matter.

Ive never once in my life used a tool and thought about the weight..its a tool for the love of christ , use the farkin thing and shut up..i cant help but to laugh at the scenarios people create on here in unicorn land where they sure were glad they were usin a saw that one weekend a month where on one cut the saw they were usin was a pound lighter than another saw...i can appreciate how saws handle/balance and all that sh!t , but the weight thing i get a laugh out of :laugh:

Im not sure if i should laugh or feel sorry for them..

The internet is a strange place.

Ive never once in my life used a tool and thought about the weight..its a tool for the love of christ , use the farkin thing and shut up..i cant help but to laugh at the scenarios people create on here in unicorn land where they sure were glad they were usin a saw that one weekend a month where on one cut the saw they were usin was a pound lighter than another saw...i can appreciate how saws handle/balance and all that sh!t , but the weight thing i get a laugh out of :laugh:

Im not sure if i should laugh or feel sorry for them..

The internet is a strange place.
Don't laugh..us fat and out of shape guys need lighter saws. My 7900 gets used a couple times a year and honestly that's a couple times to many. The 620 is my current go to saw...only because I'm trying to put time on it to learn more about them. 5105H only comes out when it's cold. 421 Is the go to saw....I'm seriously considering sending the 620 on its way when it gets cold and switching to a 2253.

Back on topic. I will list saws that I would consider in a given price range. Some of these saws can be found for less than what I have listed but I am listing them in the easily obtained price bracket and including a bar/chain. Add to this list or correct me where I'm wrong. I'm only including mag/aluminum cased saws.

$350 or less:
Dolmar 421
Echo 490

$450 or less:
Echo 590
Dolmar 510
Dolmar 5105
Jred 2252/ husky 545

$550 or less:
Echo 600
Dolmar 6100
Dolmar 6400
Jred 2253/husky 550
Stihl 241

$650 or less:
Echo 620
Jred 2258/husky 555
Stihl 261
Jred 2260/ husky 562
Jred 2166/ husky 365

I should add....those price brackets are commonly available prices from site sponsors. Your run of the mill local dealer will probably be higher by 10-20%

Back on topic. I will list saws that I would consider in a given price range. Some of these saws can be found for less than what I have listed but I am listing them in the easily obtained price bracket and including a bar/chain. Add to this list or correct me where I'm wrong. I'm only including mag/aluminum cased saws.

$350 or less:
Dolmar 421
Echo 490

$450 or less:
Echo 590
Dolmar 510
Dolmar 5105
Jred 2252/ husky 545

$550 or less:
Echo 600
Dolmar 6100
Dolmar 6400
Jred 2253/husky 550
Stihl 241

$650 or less:
Echo 620
Jred 2258/husky 555
Stihl 261
Jred 2260/ husky 562
Jred 2166/ husky 365

Nice job, very helpful :)

... My 7900 gets used a couple times a year and honestly that's a couple times to many...
Send her my way, I still have strenght to spare. :muscle:
I'll bolt her onto my PS-7900 and buck my firewood twice as fast! :lol:

It's an awesome saw though! :rock:

For a year now, since my little SD105 got sick, I have exclusively used my PS-6400 and PS-7900.
By now I got used to their weight for even the tiniest jobs.
Today my PS-7900 downed, limbed and bucked up a 7 meter tall but only about 6" thick, at the base, spruce tree.
The PS-7900 didn't even get warm properly and the tree was in pieces before I got the chance to notice the saws weight. ;)
I wish I had some more wood to buck, my trigger finger is itching badly. :chainsaw:

Send her my way, I still have strenght to spare. :muscle:
I'll bolt her onto my PS-7900 and buck my firewood twice as fast! :lol:

It's an awesome saw though! :rock:

For a year now, since my little SD105 got sick, I have exclusively used my PS-6400 and PS-7900.
By now I got used to their weight for even the tiniest jobs.
Today my PS-7900 downed, limbed and bucked up a 7 meter tall but only about 6" thick, at the base, spruce tree.
The PS-7900 didn't even get warm properly and the tree was in pieces before I got the chance to notice the saws weight. ;)
I wish I had some more wood to buck, my trigger finger is itching badly. :chainsaw:
I guess i dont have a 7900 anymore. sold it last week. will have one again though. waiting on time to put a 7910H together out of one of my 6400H saws. I dont like using them but there are times when a 32" bar is needed.

You must have lost Your marbles, You don't need a big saw to cut big wood!
All You need is a 30+" bar with a small mount for Your favourite PS-421 and a 11 tooth sprocket. :ices_rofl:

Aren't there PS-79xx's with an "H"? o_O
Yes. 7910H but here in the states if a dealer wants heated handles we have to order a full skid of them. I bought 5105H and 6400H. To big of a cheapskate to order a full skid of 7910H saws

Yes. 7910H but here in the states if a dealer wants heated handles we have to order a full skid of them. I bought 5105H and 6400H. To big of a cheapskate to order a full skid of 7910H saws
OK.
Thought it a bit odd that You'll be making a "H" 79er.

If You were a cheapskate You wouldn't have ordered a full skid (???) of each PS-5105H and PS-6400H! :)

You must know what sells, otherwise You wouldn't survive in this business.

A coworker bought a PS-420 recently, thus far never been fueled. I hope I get my hands on her for a spin! :yes:

Latest posts

Back