Which is the best pro saw of each brand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you are saying.... I used my 026 for a lot of years and cut up a lot of wood with that little bugger. just have to take your time and go at it from both sides. I think concretegrazer was joking in his comment above. ;)

I wouldnt bother to cut a big log that required me to cut from both sides with my 241 , if i cut big wood i use a big saw..but anymore if i cant pick it up to load it i dont bother with it

If sub $600.00 is your range I agree with others that the husky 555, jonsered 2158, dolmar 6100, and echo 590 are all saws you and your boy should try and handle any of them will fit your need and if taken care of should get you many many years of good service and have enough umph to handle more then what most people are willing to tackle.

well glad your firewood business is working then!

Not many people around here burn wood anymore , its dying off..ive done it for a few years to make some extra cheese but my family has had the equipment for a long time , But every year i feel like doin less and less after work..i get all the scraps left over from all the lots we prep...if i sell 20 dump loads this year ill be happy.

my brother wanted me to go into business with him selling wood. I told him no and he had a shocked look on his face. I just explained by the time I buy the diesel fuel ,saw gas ,splitter gas, drop ,limb, buck ,and split a cord of wood then throw it onto his trailer I would want 400 bucks a cord for it. It is just something I have zero interest in. Up here 2 in 10 people are selling wood way too much work for me for way to little money.

my brother wanted me to go into business with him selling wood. I told him no and he had a shocked look on his face. I just explained by the time I buy the diesel fuel ,saw gas ,splitter gas, drop ,limb, buck ,and split a cord of wood then throw it onto his trailer I would want 400 bucks a cord for it. It is just something I have zero interest in. Up here 2 in 10 people are selling wood way too much work for me for way to little money.

Thats exactly it..sometimes i scratch my head at the cost/benefit analysis .. 5 years ago the goin rate was around 225 a dump load , and this year 240-275 seems to be what guys are sellin em' for here...i end up givin TONS of firewood away every year to my friends just to help them out..all the old timers around me that i sold it to are dyin off and these new housing plans we work in noone burns wood .

I agree. I have 40 acres of timber and am willing to sell a truck load every now and then if you come up with your truck. However as a business there is no way. I would have better luck and getting a job as a beer taster. (I am really good at that)
To support my family.

well about 4 years ago our property taxes doubled I knew this was going to happen so before that I put our land in tree growth so my taxes stayed the same. My cousins otoh did not now the 2 brothers cut split and stack 40 cords every winter. they have regular clients that buy the wood which they throw onto a homemade trailer drive to your house and then throw it off again. They use the money to pay taxes.

I don't know..... If you are slinging a saw 8hours/day 5days/week you would think you would be in good shape and wouldnt even notice a few ounces on a saw..... especially PROFESSIONAL loggers. Is there a logging diploma you get after 4 years of study from a University in France or something?

I am a PROFESSIONAL logger and I can assure you 'power to weight' ratio is very important. Your post reeks of ignorance.

I am a PROFESSIONAL logger and I can assure you 'power to weight' ratio is very important. Your post reeks of ignorance.
Didn't say power to weight ratio isn't important..... but really..... most loggers on this coast would laugh you off the landing if you told them.... "Oh golly.... my poor widdle arms are sore.... can somebody help me with this 60cc saw that is a third of a pound heavier than the one I'm used to??" Give me an effen break..... and so far as ignorant, you sound like an expert in the matter.

Didn't say power to weight ratio isn't important..... but really..... most loggers on this coast would laugh you off the landing if you told them.... "Oh golly.... my poor widdle arms are sore.... can somebody help me with this 60cc saw that is a third of a pound heavier than the one I'm used to??" Give me an effen break..... and so far as ignorant, you sound like an expert in the matter.

The guys ive worked with would buy me a box of tampons then punch me in the nose.

Have a nice day.

Latest posts

Back