Which is the best pro saw of each brand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know..... If you are slinging a saw 8hours/day 5days/week you would think you would be in good shape and wouldnt even notice a few ounces on a saw..... especially PROFESSIONAL loggers. Is there a logging diploma you get after 4 years of study from a University in France or something?

I'm a pro logger full time for more than 17 years, I think I know what I am talking about. When you have to limb as fast as you can all day long, a 560xp is just 10x better than a 620. I don't have strength issues, I 'm 1.85m and 88kg, but at the end of the week, you can feel the difference.

And that's for me, my older co-worker is 59, he's logger from 43 years, and 3 years ago he sold his 2 362cm and he replaced them with 2 560xp,just because of the weight.

Just try to do this job for a few years, especially here in the mountains, you'll understand my point.

10 pages and i see no list of the pro saws from each brand ,you guys are very helpful .

I gave this list on page one. And answered his question. The other 9 pages is of people trying to sell their brand of saw.

In no special order but should fit the bill
Stihl 362, dolmar 6100, echo 620, 600, 590, and husky 555,560, 562,
All are 60cc range if all trees under 18-20 in you would probably be fine with a 50 cc but I find a 50 cc is just a little small for my timber. But I have all oak and hickory and majority is 18- 28 in across.
I would find the best local dealer and buy whatever brand they carry.

Ok in no particular order a list ,please add to it to make this thread informative for the op

1. Husqvarna models 60cc 555,560, 562, 357xp and 359

2. Stihl models 60 cc 362cm, 362,361 .360 ,036

3.dolmar 6100

4. echo 620, 600, 590

5. Jonsered ??

These are all i can think of off top of my head ,please add to the list ,could use some help with the model #s and if 60cc is even an option per brand .

Ok in no particular order a list ,please add to it to make this thread informative for the op

1. Husqvarna models 60cc 555,560, 562

3.dolmar 6100

4. echo 620, 600, 590

5. Poulan ??

6.Homelite ??

7. Jonsered ??

8. Makita ??

9. Efco ??

10. McCulloch ??

11. Partner ??

12. Redmax ??

13. Solo ??

14. Shindaiwa ??

15. Olympyk ??

16. John Deere ??

17. Craftsman ??

These are all i can think of off top of my head ,please add to the list ,could use some help with the model #s and if 60cc is even an option per brand .
Another husqvarna would be the 357xp and 359 probably won't find one new anymore but were good saws still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm a pro logger full time for more than 17 years, I think I know what I am talking about. When you have to limb as fast as you can all day long, a 560xp is just 10x better than a 620. I don't have strength issues, I 'm 1.85m and 88kg, but at the end of the week, you can feel the difference.

And that's for me, my older co-worker is 59, he's logger from 43 years, and 3 years ago he sold his 2 362cm and he replaced them with 2 560xp,just because of the weight.

Just try to do this job for a few years, especially here in the mountains, you'll understand my point.

You're also full of ****. A quick glance at your posting history tells me you spend ALOT of time on this forum. How do you have time to be a pro logger and still have time to be on this forum full time? Maybe you are such a pro that you can operate a keyboard and a chainsaw at the same time. Now that's impressive!

If you're a pro logger, my name is SawTroll...Hahahaha.

3.dolmar 6100

4. echo 620, 600, 590

5. Poulan ??

6.Homelite ??

7. Jonsered ??

8. Makita ??

9. Efco ??

10. McCulloch ??

11. Partner ??

12. Redmax ??

13. Solo ??

14. Shindaiwa ??

15. Olympyk ??

16. John Deere ??

17. Craftsman ??

you are VERY HELPFULL THANKS !!!. But you can narrow it down to these Please, Husky, Stihl, Jonsered, Echo, and Dolmar

You're also full of ****. A quick glance at your posting history tells me you spend ALOT of time on this forum. How do you have time to be a pro logger and still have time to be on this forum full time? Maybe you are such a pro that you can operate a keyboard and a chainsaw at the same time. Now that's impressive!

If you're a pro logger, my name is SawTroll...Hahahaha.

I am a pro logger since 1999 and I have nothing to prove to someone like you. I already posted a lot of videos of me at work. I mean real vids, with real trees and real saws, not like your Echo toy.

Now please leave me alone you stupid jerk.

Yes it is too bad a few cant get along. I see things on occasion that I think man I ought to say something to that guy or woman. But a long time ago I learned a very valuable lesson and I will tell it to anyone who will listen.
It seems to me that most people I encounter will have a much better day if they don't know everything I am thinking. I am not so important that you need to know what is going on in my mind.
Take that for what it's worth,.. it is expensive, it cost me some friends before I got myself educated. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post I am the OP and I have read every word said here. I think like Trx250r180 did, if we could get back to votes or check marks beside your favorite brand/ model that might be best. Thanks Jeff

Yes it is too bad a few cant get along. I see things on occasion that I think man I ought to say something to that guy or woman. But a long time ago I learned a very valuable lesson and I will tell it to anyone who will listen.
It seems to me that most people I encounter will have a much better day if they don't know everything I am thinking. I am not so important that you need to know what is going on in my mind.
Take that for what it's worth,.. it is expensive, it cost me some friends before I got myself educated. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post I am the OP and I have read every word said here. I think like Trx250r180 did, if we could get back to votes or check marks beside your favorite brand/ model that might be best. Thanks Jeff
I am not sure if it is too late or not ,but in past threads i have seen polls added to the top of the page ,i guess you could put the 5 brands in a poll ,and people could vote on what they personally like ,myself ,the chassis has to feel comfortable to run for hours ,and maintenance to filters/plugs ,bar changes is a thing i look for also ,power is not everything on a working tool

I am not sure if it is too late or not ,but in past threads i have seen polls added to the top of the page ,i guess you could put the 5 brands in a poll ,and people could vote on what they personally like ,myself ,the chassis has to feel comfortable to run for hours ,and maintenance to filters/plugs ,bar changes is a thing i look for also ,power is not everything on a working tool
Another thing look at some of the features each brand has. One thing I like about my 555 and 562 are the captured bar nuts it does add up having to by bar nuts when you don't get one tight enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3.dolmar 6100, 6400

4. echo 620, 600, 590

5. Jonsered 2258, 2260

Theres some bad poasting in this thread accompanied with alot of hate.
Definitely no hate from me..... (very strong word) .... I like to call it "Playful Banter". If guys come on a site like this and tell people a certain brand sucks..... you're gonna receive some backlash.... so might as well be prepared for it and no whining once it happens. ( Just like me calling a 562XP a 562XtrasmallPenis the other day.... fully prepared for the flak even if I am just joking around):cheers:

I am a pro logger since 1999 and I have nothing to prove to someone like you. I already posted a lot of videos of me at work. I mean real vids, with real trees and real saws, not like your Echo toy.

Now please leave me alone you stupid jerk.

upload_2015-10-15_19-35-36.png

Hahahah...looks like you are getting ready to kick my azz. No wonder why the Echo feels heavy...you need to put on some muscle!

Back